Barca Transfers and Rumors

Leo_Messi

Romero is clueless for the most part. I might as well be the source here. Llorente is ruled out for obvious reasons while Lucas Pérez is simply not good enough. A player who can barely get a minute for West Ham United has no future at Barça even as an occasional substitute.

The Morata rumors have been ongoing for well over 1 week (his name was mentioned even well before) so no "breaking news" here either.

Anyway a name that no media has mentioned yet (from what I am aware of) but which could be a great option, is Bakambu on loan. Not sure how realistic that is with him being in China but given our strange dealings on the Chinese market of late (Paulinho), he might be the "secret" option that the board is thinking about alongside a bunch of other options.

Morata remains my favorite option as already stated back in December if he can arrive on loan without an obligatory buyout clause and without a too high loan fee.

Last edited:

Messi983

I was thinking about Bakambu too but his wages could be a problem.

If some fans still had doubts about why Cedrick Bakambu has decided to leave Villarreal this winter window to start a new adventure in China, one can easily understand it when looking at the salary the Congolese player is set to receive when he signs with Beijing Guoan.

He'll earn a gross pay packet of 18 million euros for each of his four seasons at the club.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2018/01/10/5a567989e5fdea1d4c8b461d.html

9M for 6 months (without counting a few millions of loan fee) for a limited role he would have here is probably too much. Also, if he'll decide to return to Spain/Europe he'll probably go to a club where he'll play regularly.

Zidane82

Spurs are now urgently searching for a striker with Kane out till mid March and Son away till late Feb.

That's gonna complicate matters

Messi983

I think EV never coached him, or coached him very little

Llorente made his debut for Athletic under Valverde in 2005 and he has scored 6 goals in 20 games as a 19 years old.

They didn't work together in Valverde's second period at Athletic though because Llorente has signed for Juve the same summer (2013) Valverde was appointed.

soul24rage

Local radio reporting that ManU are offloading Fellaini and want Coutinho this window ..

I highly doubt Man Utd want Coutinho. Coutinho doesn't fit the style Solskjaer wants (I think he will be the permanent manager) and plus the two position he likes to play are currently played by Martial and Pogba.

Devils

Vela is a good player tbf, although he kind of did fall off towards his last few years at Sociedad.

But for a back-up striker for 5 months? I think he would meet all the requirements.

Andresito

Staff member
Is Vela a pure #9 nowadays? Otherwise I don't see him and Messi playing together with him contributing with anything different compared to Malcom.

FC433

Morata is not a target anymore.

Carlos Vela is one of three. The remaining two are not known just yet.

Thoughts?

Home of Barca Fans