Barca Transfers and Rumors

Nothanks

I believe it is already confirmed that Mina's transfer got delayed to the summer.
it makes only sense for all parties, he came back from a huge injury and will probably not get consistent (if any) minutes here in Barca being 5th behind vermalean, masche etc.
plus he wants to play in the world cup for Colombia and to do so he needs minutes to prove his worth to the NT.

It makes total sense why the board is pushing for a young European center-back especially for January.

the problem with the EU spots is another story.. so if we get Coutinho and Suarez still doesn't have his passport then neither of Marlon or Mina will play for us next season so we will need another centerback??

Messi983

Suarez doesn't count as non EU player anymore. We currently only have Paulinho with Mina and Coutinho possibly coming.

khaled_a_d

Mina can be brought in this January and tested throughout the spring, where we have a world-class backup in Mascherano and doesn't depend on Vermaelen anyway.
I didn't realize the non-EU players limit - is Suarez on his way to double citizenship or how does that work? So Suarez and Paulinho, and then potentially Mina, Marlon and Coutinho taking up the 3 spots? That is a puzzle, you are right about that.

The overall point for me is, that Iniesta maybe looks like a name in the starting 11, but from next year we 1) don't even know if he is here and 2) don't know how much he can play if he stays, but a conservative estimate would be somewhere around half of our matches (or as a sub the last 30 minutes in every match e.g.). That leaves a much bigger transfer-problem in our hands than the CB-position, imo. Replacing one of the greatest players of all time should be well-planned and not be done the moment he leaves, but well before - and that is now. Therefore: Full focus on getting an Iniesta-replacement - the win-win-situation is that less playing time for him is great - not a problem, which means that January isn't too early to do some business.

I think Suarez situation will be sorted out before next season, but with Paulinho we still has to scratch one of the 3 spots, Mina/Marlon gets second spot but not the two
I fully understand the need for a midfield. But both are priorities right now and I would say it is logical to start looking for CB first since many of the targets could be purchased before January and probably because it seem we are decided on Coutinho as our number one priority for midfield

khaled_a_d

^^^ yeah, but he will have 4 years in Spain which normally is enough to get his Spanish citizenship sorted out. So hopefully he won't be an issue regarding non0eu players next year

BarçaBarça

I think Suarez situation will be sorted out before next season, but with Paulinho we still has to scratch one of the 3 spots, Mina/Marlon gets second spot but not the two
I fully understand the need for a midfield. But both are priorities right now and I would say it is logical to start looking for CB first since many of the targets could be purchased before January and probably because it seem we are decided on Coutinho as our number one priority for midfield

Then it makes sense to look at other possible CBs, I agree with that. Especially if we can snap up someone great for a small fee. I fear that Ajax-boys are well paid for.

BarçaBarça

How so? Why would he be not? He signed a contract extension.

It is a special contract, where he can decide every summer if he is going to play one more year or not. That can go on until forever or stop this summer, we don't know.
Of course it would be silly to sign it, if he knew he would stop this summer anyway, so I believe he will continue for at least another season.

JerseyAddict

It is a special contract, where he can decide every summer if he is going to play one more year or not. That can go on until forever or stop this summer, we don't know.
Of course it would be silly to sign it, if he knew he would stop this summer anyway, so I believe he will continue for at least another season.

He will for sure tell the Board at least 1 year before if he decides to leave. The other thing is to it say to the public.

xXKonan

Definitely for the summer. His clause doesn't go down until at least July 1st as it's currently 200 Million.

Givenchy

Definitely for the summer. His clause doesn't go down until at least July 1st as it's currently 200 Million.

any chance Atleti do a deal with us in january? signing Costa is surely them resigning to the fact Griezmann's off and also they are pretty much out of the CL. im not sure if they would make us pay the buyout clause, Griezmann did the noble thing to stay with them abit longer through the ban doing them a favour and theres no bad blood between us etc

xXKonan

any chance Atleti do a deal with us in january? signing Costa is surely them resigning to the fact Griezmann's off and also they are pretty much out of the CL. im not sure if they would make us pay the buyout clause, Griezmann did the noble thing to stay with them abit longer through the ban doing them a favour and theres no bad blood between us etc
We are on good terms with them but I think Griez will be respectful and wait for the summer and not make a fuss about it.

I can't see us signing him this January due to that and maybe not souring our relationship with them in the process.

Ronaldinho10

He will for sure tell the Board at least 1 year before if he decides to leave. The other thing is to it say to the public.

Iniesta is very straightforward if he says or does something he truly means it. If he signed a contract extension with us its because he wants to finish his career in barca.

About Griezman I think its a deal planed for the summer.

Home of Barca Fans