Barca Transfers and Rumors

Arizona Scott

You can't tell me Puig is not a great talent, and there are also the likes of Grimaldo and Onana, that if given a chance would prove that the foundation that the modern Barcelona was built upon (by Cruyff) which the current board is really really trying to kill off (which Ajax is now regaining), is the way to go.
No bs like only other clubs can develop players, that's a complete lie!

I and no saying sell them, but no you don't cut your teeth proving yourself in real Barca matches. You dominate in lower leagues/internationally and they kick ass in practice before you get any trust, and to get full trust you show well more good than bad when you get your 1st team opps.

Of course we can develop players, and we can be hopeful one or more of our under 22s develop into 1st team talents, but it is just hope at this point and lots of hoops for these players to earn trust. If we get a couple of players Barca level from the academy at any one time that is pretty good, and a few more not good enough for Barca but good enough for transfer fees. It is just that hard and rare for ANY prospect to be good enough for Barca--even the most promising ones who look great until they face the best of the best.

ebieymjunior

I and no saying sell them, but no you don't cut your teeth proving yourself in real Barca matches. You dominate in lower leagues/internationally and they kick ass in practice before you get any trust, and to get full trust you show well more good than bad when you get your 1st team opps.

Of course we can develop players, and we can be hopeful one or more of our under 22s develop into 1st team talents, but it is just hope at this point and lots of hoops for these players to earn trust. If we get a couple of players Barca level from the academy at any one time that is pretty good, and a few more not good enough for Barca but good enough for transfer fees. It is just that hard and rare for ANY prospect to be good enough for Barca--even the most promising ones who look great until they face the best of the best.

I get you, and agree that it's not for everyone, I just hope that they at least give them a chance.
Grimaldo was not given any, and by the looks of it Aleña and Puig might be good enough. Obviously you can't know for sure, but just seeing them play as they're given chances, they take those chances.
To your point, and in contrast, players like Miranda, Collado, Chumi, haven't really taken their chances.

So maybe just give at least Aleña, Puig, Iñaki Peña, and maybe Cucurella and Oriol (in a year or 2) chances (while being coached well - important point, down just throw them to the wolves and see who comes out, it doesn't work), and some of them might surprise us.
I guess I'm just a bit tired of us spending exuberant amount of money buying the Digne's of this world when we have Grimaldo's, knowing that there is a chance they'll flop, but there's also the chance that, with good coaching (that's where ValverdeOut comes in) you might just have another Busquets, Puyol, or Pedro and if you're lucky Iniesta or Xavi (which by the way didn't come without their fair share of criticism, but by constant and good coaching).

Last edited:

FCBfan22

So, Real Madrid are buying basically everyone avalible with Zidane returning.

Meanwhile, somewhere in a dark room in Barcelona Ernesto is convincing Barto to keep Rakitić.

Barcilliant

Next season is going to be a Huge cluster fuck. People are actually going to look back nostalgically at the previous two seasons. Not only will it be trophyless but I think we will struggle to make top four. We will probably exit cl in round of 16.

Incompetent board and manager, lazy, aging players. A recipie for disaster.

Tackle

Next season is going to be a Huge cluster fuck. People are actually going to look back nostalgically at the previous two seasons. Not only will it be trophyless but I think we will struggle to make top four. We will probably exit cl in round of 16.

:lol::lol::lol:

Mate, you really think we're going to struggle to break 60 points? That's what you're suggesting when spew shite out like "we will struggle to make top four."

The last time we failed to get at least 60 points was back in 2003 and that was the only time it's happened in the last 25 years.

Being pessimistic is one thing, but completely losing the plot to scapegoat Valverde and the likes of Rakitic for all our shortcomings is something else entirely.

Get a grip.

Personally I think your being far too optimistic. I think we will probably get relegated next season, infact I feel like Ernie will want to go out with a bang and what better way than to give his internet detractors a freshly served relegation as revenge. Let's hope Barca B get promoted so at least we have a Barca team to support the year after.

I also see Vinicius Jnr getting Pichichi, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed one Barca player makes the top ten. But my top 5 predictions are Vinicius, Hazard, Jovic, Ferland Mendy and sneaking in at 5th place Eder 'Golazo' Militao. :coffee:

Messigician

I think you have lost touch with reality if you believe this nonsense you're saying

ronniecro

to say we'll struggle to get in top 4 is ridiculous but i do think we won't win any trophy. real will have completely different mentality with all the new players they are bringing in,players that don't have barca complex led by witch zidane. it will be struggle to win la liga and i doubt we'll succeed,also i doubt anyone will try hard for copa and for CL we have the same chances for win as Milan

wisconsincule

to say we'll struggle to get in top 4 is ridiculous but i do think we won't win any trophy. real will have completely different mentality with all the new players they are bringing in,players that don't have barca complex led by witch zidane. it will be struggle to win la liga and i doubt we'll succeed,also i doubt anyone will try hard for copa and for CL we have the same chances for win as Milan

Stop. Just stop. Since when has a team that has brought in 5 new players succeeded immediately?

And as for Zidane what has he actually proven? His tactic was cross balls and get bailed out by Ronaldo.

I’m actually laughing at all of these pussy Barca fans who think Madrid are going to suddenly take us to the cleaners. What have any of these new players actually won? Hazard being the only one and he’s not going to magically pop for 40 goals.

STOP BEING PUSSIES!! Yes Valverde sucks but we still have one of the best teams in the world and are adding FDJ (top midfield talent) Griezmann (top 3 Bdor last year) and potentially MDL (best young defender)

Oh yeah we have MESSI too

To think we’re going to fall off a cliff and not compete for any trophies :lol::lol::lol:

Zidane82

Stop. Just stop. Since when has a team that has brought in 5 new players succeeded immediately?

And as for Zidane what has he actually proven? His tactic was cross balls and get bailed out by Ronaldo.

I’m actually laughing at all of these pussy Barca fans who think Madrid are going to suddenly take us to the cleaners. What have any of these new players actually won? Hazard being the only one and he’s not going to magically pop for 40 goals.

STOP BEING PUSSIES!! Yes Valverde sucks but we still have one of the best teams in the world and are adding FDJ (top midfield talent) Griezmann (top 3 Bdor last year) and potentially MDL (best young defender)

Oh yeah we have MESSI too

To think we’re going to fall off a cliff and not compete for any trophies :lol::lol::lol:

The dressing room supposedly voted against Griezman so I don’t know how that will play out .. latest rumours suggest that PSG are close to finalising the De Ligt deal :(

Judoman

The dressing room supposedly voted against Griezman so I don’t know how that will play out .. latest rumours suggest that PSG are close to finalising the De Ligt deal :(

Looks like you didn t understand [MENTION=20321]wisconsincule[/MENTION] s point.

Stop being a pussy.

Home of Barca Fans