Barca Transfers and Rumors

Zidane82

We have been linked with Saul since 2013 at least. We apparently had a first option deal on him when we sold Villa to them in 2013.

But I can't see us ever getting him.

They’re suggesting that City aren’t bothered about Saul’s 130 million buy out clause !!! Surely not ?!? Plus they want him as a replacement for Fernandinho?? I never had Saul down as a Fernandinho-like player

Arizona Scott

They’re suggesting that City aren’t bothered about Saul’s 130 million buy out clause !!! Surely not ?!? Plus they want him as a replacement for Fernandinho?? I never had Saul down as a Fernandinho-like player

I think Saul's buy out is 150mil but the talk is the offer that may be accepted is just over half that. I think smart move by City, whether Saul can even be a hybrid controller/destroyer I have my doubts, but reasonable play by City for a talented and flexible midfielder. Saul is only 24 and has room to grow, he just seems older.

I was saying I thought that Juve collapse is going to have major and longstanding negative consequences for the club. I think their days of really being part of a trifecta of La Liga powers in Europe is over. They might stay third, but I think they will be close to the 4th/5th La Liga team than really staying on Barca or Real's tail.

It really was an epic collapse at Juv--didn't look like the Atletico i have known for many years, and now they are out of La Liga contention after another sh*t show. Saul and Griezmann unsettled and maybe wanting to leave. Godin leaving this summer. The heart and talent of that squad is big time changing.

Last edited:

Donatello

It really was an epic collapse at Juv--didn't look like the Atletico i have known for many years, and now they are out of La Liga contention after another sh*t show. Saul and Griezmann unsettled and maybe wanting to leave. Godin leaving this summer. The heart and talent of that squad is big time changing.

Lucas Hernandez & Filipe luis might be leaving as well.

khaled_a_d

They dont activate his buy out. Atm and bayern have a deal that he will go for 80m.

80M is his buyout, but apparently they will get him for same price after Atletico accepted that money if they waited till July (they were gonna buy him in January)
Paying in installments makes lots of difference for clubs

Havesaks

80M is his buyout, but apparently they will get him for same price after Atletico accepted that money if they waited till July (they were gonna buy him in January)
Paying in installments makes lots of difference for clubs

Oh - i was sure he had a 100m buy-out.
Well cash vs installment theory makes sense.

Riordon

Callum Hudson Odoi became the youngest player to play for the english national team yesterday. Still hasn't renewed.... And we need a LW. Potentialwise he is up there with Sancho and Vinicius and I think he will be bigger than the two in the future. Would go hard for him.

Havesaks

Callum Hudson Odoi became the youngest player to play for the english national team yesterday. Still hasn't renewed.... And we need a LW. Potentialwise he is up there with Sancho and Vinicius and I think he will be bigger than the two in the future. Would go hard for him.

Wasnt Walcot barely 17 y o when he made his debut?

Havesaks

Sorry read the news wrong, the youngest player to ever win his first game.

Anyway, I agree - we should definetly consider him. He looks like a good market option with 1 year left. But if we get him, Malcom needs to be sold. And how Malcom has been treated, he may not be willing to come here unless our mangaer convince him. But he would never do that, because thats his codex or whatever he said some time ago. So us getting Odoi isnt likely.

Riordon

Anyway, I agree - we should definetly consider him. He looks like a good market option with 1 year left. But if we get him, Malcom needs to be sold. And how Malcom has been treated, he may not be willing to come here unless our mangaer convince him. But he would never do that, because thats his codex or whatever he said some time ago. So us getting Odoi isnt likely.

Yeah, but I think Malcom will need to be sold anyway. Its better to get a player that Valverde actually gonna use and Malcom will probably go to a place where he can constantly play.

Seeing how Cules and Valverde are starting to love Dembele with his pace being one of the main reasons, Im sure they will love Odoi too. That Bayern offered 50m tells a lot IMO.

Havesaks

Yeah, but I think Malcom will need to be sold anyway. Its better to get a player that Valverde actually gonna use and Malcom will probably go to a place where he can constantly play.

Seeing how Cules and Valverde are starting to love Dembele with his pace being one of the main reasons, Im sure they will love Odoi too. That Bayern offered 50m tells a lot IMO.

True - all tho i would rather loan him out. To the right club and he would regain some of his market value. Maybe a team like Arsenal, arent they in need of good wingers? Or Chelsea?

Maybe he could be Messis "sub", switching dembele from LW to his prefered RW position - and Odoi LW. There should be enough playing time, because Messi cant go on like he has done this season. Sounds like sweet music in my ears. But there hasnt been any rumours regarding this at all, so i dont think that to be likely. Also Bayern can offer him at starting spot - more or less - and has shown interest for a long time.

Home of Barca Fans