Barca Transfers and Rumors

FCBfan22

Well, since Thiago apparently wants to come back and leave Bayern (which shouldn't be too surprising after the last few weeks' happenings there), I would abandon pursuing Coutinho and try to do this over the next two transfer windows:

1. Get Messi to sign the deal (cmon Barto, get the fuckin photographer or take the picture with your iPhone, you useless twat).
2. Buy Thiago with a part of the remaining Neymar money (-80-90 million).
3. (try to) Sell Vidal, Paco, Arda, Gomes, Vermaelen (and Deulofeu if offer is right, but I doubt it)(+70-80 million).
4. Sell Mascherano (if he wants to stay offer him a new short term contract)(+10 million).
5. Buy Yerry Mina(-10 million).
6. Do the rumoured Rakitić - Martial swap if United are interested. Don't fuck about with add-ons just do it.(0 million)
7. Buy another young versatile player. I would go with Lemar, but some of you don't like him (It is also questionable if he would be on board with less playing time). (-80 million)
8. Promote Alena (0 million).

Balance after this: 90-100 million spent (the remaining Neymar money).

Out: Vidal, Paco, Arda, Gomes, Vermaelen, Rakitić, Mascherano
In: Mina, Thiago, Martial, Lemar, Alena, (Samper, Marlon)

Players by positions:
GK: Ter Stegen, Cillesen
RB: Semedo, Roberto
CB: Umtiti, Pique, Marlon, Mina
LB: Alba, Digne
CDM: Busquets, Samper
LCM: Thiago, Iniesta, Lemar, Alena, Denis, Roberto
RCM: Roberto, Paulinho, Alena, Lemar, Thiago
FW's: Messi, Suarez, Dembele, Martial, Lemar, Rafinha, Denis (Deulofeu)

That would be a great busiess IMHO.

M

MessiCam

I’d love Thiago back and I only included him in my team above based on this rumour but I honestly think it’s doubtful. He just recently extended his contract to 2021...

SeloBarca

Dont really want Thiago, not to impressed with him.
We have to many deadweight midfielders, and we brought in mediocre players like Denis Suarez and Deolufeu that awere supposed to be squadplayers but are barely good enough for that.
It wont happen but i would want a cleanup on ALOT of players. Deulofeu, Rafinha, Turan, Rakitic, Gomes are all midfielders we can let go.
Paulinho, Denis Suarez and Roberto should only be sub players, Denis for LW, Roberto for RB and Paulinho for AM.

We've been breaking the bank every summer since 2013, so maybe just leave that digusting galactico bullshit to Madrid and focus on La masia instead.
Lets not, La Masia is shit right now.

Joan

Id go with promotions. Palencia, Cucurella can do as our backups. Offload digne and Vidal. (Tho i like Digne) Thatd make us some money. I dont rate Mina very high so Id go with Tah or Lemos. We could also wait to see how Cuenca or Tarin develop. Well also have Marlon. Sell Vermaelen.
Players we must get rid off (imo at least) are: Rakitić, Arda, Rafinha (hell be coming after injury, will have to wait to see his condition) and Gomes if he doesnt improve.
Also, Paco.
Deffence: Semedo/Palencia - Pique/Marlon - Umtiti/Masche - Alba/cucurella
Midfield: Roberto/Denis - Busquests/Samper - Iniesta/Paulinho
Attack: Messi/Delboy - Suarez - Dembele/Arnaiz
Thatd be a structure to build on. Wed have money. Also, we could still add Cuenca and Alena to that list. If we could manage to sign Goretzka and Maxime Lopez, I think our midfield situation would be solved as I hope Roberto and/or Denis will adopt to the position well. And a young striker/LW, Martial would be great. If only rumors about Rakitic were ture... that'd be witout spending much (almost nothing).

We are also facing a huge tactical issue. Messi cant play as a winger since he drops more central which makes our RW nonexisting. Suarez cant play on the left. So well have to come up with a solution. Formation change? 4-2-3-1? Martial - Messi - Dembele; Suarez? Seems frightening tho I dont fancy the idea. Our market plans should be based upon a solution for the problem we decide to go with...

Last edited:

xXKonan

DMS2JdfX0AAQDVU.jpg

Sport claims our two plan B options to Coutinho I'm guessing in the january window are.

Julian Brandt-Bayer Leverkusen

Max Meyer-Schalke 04.

We apparently already contacted both clubs about them.

Would love to get both Thiago and Coutinho (Xavi and Iniesta replacement respectively) but we probably can't afford both especially if we need to get into a bidding war with PSG to get Coutinho.

Paulinho as supersub can compensate for the lack of muscle.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Why are people still fucking going on about Thiago?

He would cost alot plus he's made of glass. We don't need another player earning his money in the treatment room eg Rafiñha and Vermaelen.

SeloBarca

Agree, and hes not even that good. Was not much better than Rafinha when he played for us and havent ddeveloped that much imo.

M

MessiCam

I thought he was good at Barça and only developed into a more rounded player at Bayern. Him and his brother have bad joints though.

Injuries are a big concern with them.

FC433

I never wanted Thiago back. It is not about his quality. I just think that he left us a bit too early and did not secure his way back. Why should we go after him when there are other alternatives? I also believe that as it mentioned before, his injury's history is a bit worrying.

+ He well knew that we needed a midfielder for a good three years now and yet he renewed his contract recently.

Home of Barca Fans