Barca Transfers and Rumors

xXKonan

Yeah you know that rumor I posted on the last page with Nicolas Pepe?

Turns out there's some truth to it according to Miguel Rico. He says Abidal and the rest of the sporting department find him "Very Very Interesting"

Joan

Turns out there's some truth to it according to Miguel Rico. He says Abidal and the rest of the sporting department find him "Very Very Interesting"

From what I've read, he could potentially play as a striker. Maybe that's why we're interested?

BBZ8800

I am starting to be cautious about Abidal and his choice of players.

I know that each person is a unique story, but somehow I have more faith when a former Cm, Cdm, Cam or a player who was a brain of team is picking and judging players.
Just an analogy: would you rather in 20 years have Busquets or Xavi as a technical director responsible for signings, or Jordi Alba/Semedo?

Again, I know, there are some defenders and fullbacks who turned into awesome coaches and directors and lots of midfielders who suck as coaches, but still...

Judoman

Ridiculous. Pesimism for the sake of pesimism.

You should judge Abidal (or any other team member) based on their performance, not based on
some strange prejudice.

khaled_a_d

I am starting to be cautious about Abidal and his choice of players.

I know that each person is a unique story, but somehow I have more faith when a former Cm, Cdm, Cam or a player who was a brain of team is picking and judging players.
Just an analogy: would you rather in 20 years have Busquets or Xavi as a technical director responsible for signings, or Jordi Alba/Semedo?

Again, I know, there are some defenders and fullbacks who turned into awesome coaches and directors and lots of midfielders who suck as coaches, but still...

1-I would trust Puyol or Monchi who are shrewed in doing business over Xav for sure.
2-Abidal made 2 sinings, Malcom and Vidal. One was for reasonable proce and likely will be helpful wing for us, other was for good money too and add muscles to our midfield

Porque

Havent seen him play but great stats for the start of the season.

We been linked to this type of performing Ligue 1 player before (Ben Yeddar) who if bought would of been a waste, best to adopt a wait and see approach.

I read Marc Ingla is involved with Lille so could be as much a case of him using MD and Barca to raise Pepe's profile to LaLiga clubs. At the same time I don't doubt he has been offered to us.

Joan

Lille president confirming our interest in Nicolas Pepe. Didn't expect this. Must be seen as a striker by the board.

PhilS

The best place for this team to find reinforcements for the second half of this season is in the current team roster. So far this season, I count 11 squad members who are storing up a whole bunch of rest. Plenty of talent there.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Would prefer a striker that's in his prime or entering it, and someone that actually plays that position.

Perhaps Icardi or someone like that.

Porque

Malcom has played 6 minutes and we are looking at Pepe?

I don't buy it. He has exploded at the beginning of this season but with the way Valverde managers Suarez and Messi there is no way he will be worthwhile.

Home of Barca Fans