Barca Transfers and Rumors

SeloBarca

Almost so i dont want to read any transfer news anymore.
The fear of us wasting such a huge sum of money on Willian or Rabiot is so extremly worrying.
Are the board and socis so extremly uninformed about players around the world?
A blind monkey has better better player and business sense.

FC433

Unfortunately, no one seems to be interested in questioning the board in Barcelona. International supporters, I believe, care more about the club.

It is absolutely not acceptable what we are seeing. Poor decisions are about to be taken while Barcelona's media is applauding.

ab739

If Willian and Rabiot are the two most likely signings we can hope to make then I rather we save that money and sign no one at all. Maybe get mandzukic as a backup striker

Givenchy

If Willian and Rabiot are the two most likely signings we can hope to make then I rather we save that money and sign no one at all. Maybe get mandzukic as a backup striker

Willian, Rabiot, Lenglet and Arthur is actually not a bad summer for this board..

i'd rather Kante/Thiago type players but we'd have pretty good depth

Sweden

Im having a hard time believing Chelsea would sell both Hazard and Willian this summer.
So the question is: Would you prefer Hazard to Real or Willian to Barca?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Im having a hard time believing Chelsea would sell both Hazard and Willian this summer.

I would prefer Hazard fucking off to Real Madrid if it meant Barca using the money they're bidding on Willian to actually improve the squad for the short and medium term.

Sorry to be blunt, but this is just some very stupid logic which isn't the first time I've seen today.

Real Madrid won't stop chasing Hazard and Chelsea won't force Hazard to stay if they sell Willian, and that's NOT how a BIG CLUB should be RUN.

ab739

Willian, Rabiot, Lenglet and Arthur is actually not a bad summer for this board..

i'd rather Kante/Thiago type players but we'd have pretty good depth

I was talking more along the lines of big money signings but yea, how well this transfer period goes depends on whether Arthur is the real deal or not well see

serghei

Willian is a top back-up option for something like 30-40m. But for the rumored fee and his age he would just be bad business. I can't understand how the board doesn't see this, if the rumors are true.

eaman

That mandzukic post is a joke right? Anyway why all the hate for willian from people. He is a top player and is better than dembele at the moment. Let the two of them fight for the right forward position. Anyway 80 million is the new 30 million so it's not that much these days

GOAT_SUAREZ

Willian to Barca is a good signing for Barca regardless what Madrid does. He isn't a depth player either.

BBZ8800

That mandzukic post is a joke right? Anyway why all the hate for willian from people. He is a top player and is better than dembele at the moment. Let the two of them fight for the right forward position. Anyway 80 million is the new 30 million so it's not that much these days

People can shit on Willian, but even a current Willian is a way better player than A CURRENT Dembele, and a way better fit for Barca.
Willian can actually play simple shortpasses around the box (which Dembele is struggling) and doesn't rely ONLY on counters to be useful.

Short term, Willian is a way better player than Dembele in the next 2 years.
Long term, I don't like those "ifs" and "he has potential" stories.
There is also a high probability that Dembele will never improve from the current level and that level is nowhere near good enough for Barca.

We should stay away from 4-4-2. Not enough presence in the box, stale attacks, wasteful possession which leads to nothing good in the big games. Ultimate chicken formation. This system is used by teams who play defensive, and on the wings, with frequent crosses in the box. Very direct team who sit back a lot. With 2 strikers, either a big target man with a fast and skilled 2nd striker to play off him, or two classic strikers like Milan with Shevchenko and Crespo or Shevchenko and Inzaghi. Or United with Andy Cole and Yorke.

Imo, 442 with Coutinho-Busquets-Rakitic-Willian would be a totally different story that 442 with Iniesta-Busquets-Rakitic-Paulinho/Gomes/Vidal from the last season.
Willian is better than any of Paulinho/Gomes/Vidal/Roberto.
Coutinho is good on the left.

This version of 442 could keep the defensive stability and balance from the last season and offer more attacking threat (Messi, Suarez, Coutinho, Willian), plus all players are experienced.
We subbed Iniesta with Coutinho who can run more.
And we subbed Pualinho/Gomes with Willian who is Ronaldinho compared to them.

Majority of our fans will ask: but what about Dembele?
I personally don't care about Dembele.
Barca wise, this 442 will be stronger than last season's 442 who won the double and almost ended a season without a defeat.

About transfers, Sport says that we will buy 2 "big" players, one of them will be a midfielder who can score goals (to lower the Messipendencia):
Signing two midfielders, one who scores goals, is the objective. Willian, De Jong, Rabiot... and another couple of players whose names have not come out yet. The idea is to finalise the squad as soon as possible, although Valverde is not in a rush.

Home of Barca Fans