Barca Transfers and Rumors

BarçaBarça

It would be so strange to get Rabiot. If we do, then our (media-generated) plans to get Pogba at sometime and De Jong must be put to bed, which would be sad.
Alena, Arthur and even Rafinha deserves the playing time Rabiot would take. Lets see, it could be media-bs.

I really hope we get a back-up-striker, though. Paco and Munir isn't exactly putting pressure on Suarez, although he is at his so bad right now.
A decent back-up-striker would do wonders, and skip off Munir+Paco..

Ataraxia

Very close quality? Belotti is a one season wonder as it stands. Bench would do him no good.

Icardi's league goals: 29, 24, 22, 16, 10, 9
Belotti's league goals: 10, 26, 12, 6

It's a huge bet which wouldn't, imo, turn out good for us.

Belotti is a one season wonder ? He has been steadily improving for years now and his goal tally has as well. Last year he was injured for a lot of time. Its not like he can match his goal tally all the time, but being injured for a lot of time affects it. Whenever I watched him last year he was class, and I think individually even better than the year before. But people are fascinated with numbers. In the end he's playing for Torino, who struggled a bit last season, but if it wasnt for his injury he would have scored more. Plus his price has collapsed after the bubble figure that Cairo demanded a year ago of 100 million couldnt be answered by any club, Torino would probably need money and if they cant sell him this year i think they will sell him for 40 mill max next year. On the other hand Icardi costs 110 million.

khaled_a_d

Expecting a LB.

+1

Timo woulda been nice.
He can play in any position of the front 3.
Werner - Messi - Dembele
Werner - Suarez - Messi
Dembele - Werner - Messi

He is an awful fit and overrated player. I won't be surprised if he ends worse than Paco here

Belotti is a one season wonder ? He has been steadily improving for years now and his goal tally has as well. Last year he was injured for a lot of time.

Can you enlighten me more about his injury? Because according to transfer market he started 34 league games, subber out once. subbed in in the 35th game, missed 2 games due to injury and suspended one game. Played all games in Cup too.
That doesn't sound a player who struggled with injuries at all, more of an iron man tbh

Never mind that struggling with injuries is a red flag rather than excuse

xXKonan

Sport Claims PSG is after either Rakitic or Busi.

Doubt they have the money right now without FFP issues to deal with.

FinBarcelonafan

Sport Claims PSG is after either Rakitic or Busi.

Doubt they have the money right now without FFP issues to deal with.

Isn't their buyouts outrageous? Rakitic 160 mil and Busi something crazy too. If they pay 160 mil for 30 years old Rakitic, well I guess we are fine selling. Love Raki but that's too much money.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
We have done well selling all of the unwanted players this summer - Only dead weights right now are: Paco, Munir & Denis Suarez

Munir not exactly a bad player but we have better options and he does not bring any thing else that the starting XI or the other players waiting on the bench like Malcom can - So selling both of them would be ideal!

Denis is no better than Arthur or Rafinha!

Of course there's Suarez too - But I guess it would be day dreaming to expect him to be sold when he's best friends with the best player in the world, who's crazy moody!

Last edited:

Judoman

Selling all three would end a perfect summer. Selling Suarez would be illogical, since there is no better option out there. At least not atianable one.

BBZ8800

Of course there's Suarez too - But I guess it would be day dreaming to expect him to be sold when he's best friends with the best player in the world, who's crazy moody!

Not to mention that he is the only guy at Barca and Real, besides Messi, who will score 20-25 La liga goals.

About guys who mention Werner.
A guy is a horrible fit.
He plays for a counterattacking team and needs lots of space.

He was probably the worst German player at a World cup when they played against parked buses.

At Barca, as Khaled said, I could imagine him being Paco's level of flop.

So, please no Werner.
Not this summer.
Or any other summer ever.

slvtn

I dont think RB will let him go anyway as the Bundesliga is about to start. I'd prefer getting a LB instead or do we have anyone who's capable of covering Albas spot?

Ataraxia

+1

He is an awful fit and overrated player. I won't be surprised if he ends worse than Paco here

Can you enlighten me more about his injury? Because according to transfer market he started 34 league games, subber out once. subbed in in the 35th game, missed 2 games due to injury and suspended one game. Played all games in Cup too.
That doesn't sound a player who struggled with injuries at all, more of an iron man tbh

Never mind that struggling with injuries is a red flag rather than excuse

I didnt say he was struggling with "injuries" ..I said he was injured for a long time. I remember quite well he got his knee hurt and some said it was an injury like that of Conti, it turned out to be less serious, but there was still question marks regarding his healing.

I just checked and the injury to his right knee happened in October and then recurred in December, but he missed a total of 8 league games only, I dont know why I had the impression he missed like 12-15 games. But what's weird is he never was able to rest from these injuries, so I guess the reason it recurred is he wasnt allowed to heal slowly enough. He also missed only two international games, which also was a cause of alarm for some italians at that time because they were struggling to qualify. I did overestimate the injury, but I am sure it affected his stride, and I also quite remember him not fully healing after it happened at first. I just checked and the time between October 2 ( his first injury) and December 27 (his in jury recurring) was his worst period, although the opponents were a bit tougher, scoring only 1 and assisting none in 8 games

Devils

That Werner kid falls into the most dangerous type of signing.

Big uncertainly + Huge transfer fee = Massive risk.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
So you want Suarez gone and start paco? BRILLIANT IDEA

Guess you didn't understand my post

Looking at all caps- it's funny how cant comprehend a very simple post but the lack of such basic skills won't stop you from being sarcastic. Bravo

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans