Barca Transfers and Rumors

khaled_a_d

Mpntoya si better RB than either Vidal or Palancia and probably by some distance. That said he will never come back and we aren't signing a RB this summer. Roberto and Semedo will get another chance next year for sure

serghei

Montoya? Are you guys nuts? The man's football IQ is sea-level.

Semedo - Roberto. This is the RB pair. Semedo as a starter. No need for anyone else. Roberto can play against any team that doesn't have very fast and strong wingers. Semedo is the future RB of this team and there are maybe 2-3 better RBs than him atm out there. In the next 2 seasons if he is serious and looks after his career he can be no1 in the world no doubt.

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

Montoya? Are you guys nuts? The man's football IQ is sea-level.

Semedo - Roberto. This is the RB pair. Semedo as a starter. No need for anyone else. Roberto can play against any team that doesn't have very fast and strong wingers. Semedo is the future RB of this team and there are maybe 2-3 better RBs than him atm out there. In the next 2 seasons if he is serious and looks after his career he can be no1 in the world no doubt.

It is not about upgrading the RB-situation - it is about coping with the very likely scenario that Iniesta leaves.

Roberto in midfield would be a way to solve some of that huge hole which Iniesta would leave behind - with Coutinho being the obvious direct replacement of his minutes.
But even with that, we need someone to step in and take some of the minutes, some from the bench, some as starter, and Roberto has proven he can do that.

Imo, Semedo has proved enough to be given the chance as starting-RB and therefore I proposed that we should get a back-RB to Semedo, so Roberto can move permanently to the midfield (other than if Semedo gets injured before a CL-semi or similar, then Roberto could step in).

It would be easy to just point to talented RB's as Odriozola, but he would never accept a permanent benchrole, and therefore I mentioned Montoya or Pereira to give an idea of the level I was thinking about - it is not that I'm dying to get Montoya back to break up the Semedo-Roberto-role, and for my liking it could be any name, if he just accepts the role and have a minimum of quality - a bit like Digne.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Semedo has proved nothing to be considered as starter RB. Having said that, he deserves another season and he will likely get better.

Riordon

Just seen that Rabiot's contract expires summer 2019. Apparently we are interested and first contacts with his agent have been made

Messi983

[tw]975899340714774529[/tw]

Says we're looking for a fullback with "projection", primarily to compete with Semedo but also someone who could possibly play as LB and we're considering Elvedi, Henrichs and Pereira. I think Elvedi and Henrichs have also played some games as CB but I didn't really follow anyone of them much.

Could be just BS but if true it means we're planning to play Roberto primarily in midfield and at the same time this could also be the end for Digne if we'll get someone who could also cover for Alba with Cucu or Miranda possibly also getting some playing time.

BarçaBarça

Says we're looking for a fullback with "projection", primarily to compete with Semedo but also someone who could possibly play as LB and we're considering Elvedi, Henrichs and Pereira. I think Elvedi and Henrichs have also played some games as CB but I didn't really follow anyone of them much.

Could be just BS but if true it means we're planning to play Roberto primarily in midfield and at the same time this could also be the end for Digne if we'll get someone who could also cover for Alba with Cucu or Miranda possibly also getting some playing time.

Pereira is the most logical bet I would say, as the others have long contracts, and I don't think we would spend a lot on those positions right now.
The plan to move Roberto to midfield is great though - and I don't really care who we find as a backup there. But apparently Palencia isn't good enough yet?

FCBfan22

Pereira is the most logical bet I would say, as the others have long contracts, and I don't think we would spend a lot on those positions right now.
The plan to move Roberto to midfield is great though - and I don't really care who we find as a backup there. But apparently Palencia isn't good enough yet?

Palencia has ben shit for last 2 months. Together with Varo and Rivera, the worst player in Barca B.

Have you watched the Supercopa? He was FOTM.

Home of Barca Fans