Barca Transfers and Rumors

JamDav1982

Hi, there are always great quality players younger than 25 who dominate various leagues. What I am saying is that we shouldnt buy into the idea that if a player is younger than 25, he needs several years before he can perform at a high level. We only have to look at how Cesc, Arda and Ibra performed for us to know that age is no guarantee for quality or success.

Who would you buy this summer?

Always seem to go against idea of spending big on Griez and Countinho but never offer real alternatives.

Zincubus

Banned
Hi, there are always great quality players younger than 25 who dominate various leagues. What I am saying is that we shouldnt buy into the idea that if a player is younger than 25, he needs several years before he can perform at a high level. We only have to look at how Cesc, Arda and Ibra performed for us to know that age is no guarantee for quality or success.

Ibra was amazing in the first 6 months then Pep changed the system and fell out with Ibra ...

Didno

Yes, I agree with that point :) Its just I can't see anyone as dominating as De Bruyne was for Wolfsburg or Mbappe was for Monaco last year. Gabriel Jesus run in the Brazilian league was fantastic too. I think we need to wait for them, they pop out every 2-3 years. So I just wondered if you could mention anyone i had forgot :) I mean last year, this time i didn't even know who Mbappe was.

But It seems like we have money with the sponsor deals and stuff.

Jombi

Yes, I agree with that point :) Its just I can't see anyone as dominating as De Bruyne was for Wolfsburg or Mbappe was for Monaco last year. Gabriel Jesus run in the Brazilian league was fantastic too. I think we need to wait for them, they pop out every 2-3 years. So I just wondered if you could mention anyone i had forgot :) I mean last year, this time i didn't even know who Mbappe was.

But It seems like we have money with the sponsor deals and stuff.

We have to wait and see as the seasons are not over yet. Mbappe didnt really start games until the second half of last season. Even we have managed to sign quality young players like Umtiti and Ter Stegen who can perform at a high level early on.

I have some doubts about the amount of money that we have at our disposal, given our incredible wage burden at the moment, Messi re-signing and hardly any potential revenue coming in from sales from the squad we have. We have to be savvy in the market.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
People don't understand it, do they?

This Barcelona have a player that expect to WIN. This Barcelona have a player that they never will have again in their history. This Barcelona and any team in the World really that have ambitions to WIN, cannot rebuild their team all at once.

You cannot load the team with kids that are 2-4 years away from getting to the level where they consistently can contribute to winning major trophies.

Kingkongkong

This is what i think would be the most ideal team for next season
————-Ter stegen————
Roberto—Pique-Umtitti—Alba
————-Busquets————-
——Arthur———Iniesta
Messi—Griezmann—Dembele

Suarez probably wont be sold, but if he continues this seasons form i cant see him taking a spot from the trio in front(i think the giezmann deal is a sure thing)

Roberto, a great right back if he was giving some serious defensive training. Doesn’t Seem like Valverde have that much faith in Semedo

Carles Alena could take some of the easier games to rest Iniesta

Sell: Arda, Vidal, Deulefeu, Rakitic

raskolnikov

I cant see a line up with Coutinho, Dembele, Griezmann, Suarez and Messi in it.
Suarez like messi hates to be benched. If we were able to rotate them and Iniesta with Coutinho it might be possible.

Zincubus

Banned
This is what i think would be the most ideal team for next season
————-Ter stegen————
Roberto—Pique-Umtitti—Alba
————-Busquets————-
——Arthur———Iniesta
Messi—Griezmann—Dembele

Suarez probably wont be sold, but if he continues this seasons form i cant see him taking a spot from the trio in front(i think the giezmann deal is a sure thing)

Roberto, a great right back if he was giving some serious defensive training. Doesn’t Seem like Valverde have that much faith in Semedo

Carles Alena could take some of the easier games to rest Iniesta

Sell: Arda, Vidal, Deulefeu, Rakitic
Not long ago I got slaughtered for suggesting that Messi would be better in a slightly deeper role ...

M

MessiCam

Not long ago I got slaughtered for suggesting that Messi would be better in a slightly deeper role ...

Like where? If it’s a False 9 role like last night then it’s fine because he can utilise all his qualities. But if it’s in midfield then I say hell no because you’re just moving the best goal scorer deeper.

Anyway, like others here have stated I don’t see how Messi, Suarez, Dembélé, Griezmann, Iniesta and Coutinho fit in a side. One or maybe even two is going to have to warm the bench and for the money they’re being/going to be paid it’s an awful waste.

JamDav1982

Like where? If it’s a False 9 role like last night then it’s fine because he can utilise all his qualities. But if it’s in midfield then I say hell no because you’re just moving the best goal scorer deeper.

Anyway, like others here have stated I don’t see how Messi, Suarez, Dembélé, Griezmann, Iniesta and Coutinho fit in a side. One or maybe even two is going to have to warm the bench and for the money they’re being/going to be paid it’s an awful waste.

He never played any different role last night than has been in recent weeks.

It isnt a waste and Coutinho is class not the average occosionaly great player likes of you make out.

Raketa10

Iniesta will be 34 soon. He can not be in our starting line up next season. Next season he should have Xavi role from 2014/15 season.

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

Those 6 players won't play at the same time, and we will get enough injuries/suspensions to keep all happy. Some quality on the bench would be a good change - look at the bench yesterday, it is still quite horrendous. As for the money, you are right, but we could sell some of our dead-weight for a start - that would free up a substantial wage.

Zincubus

Banned
Messi needs to play false 9. not sure what we'll do with Suarez if Griezmann comes

I fear that we will be parting with Suarez in the Summer , he's been a fabulous player for some time but seems to be on the slide , also he's not been anything like as good as he was for Liverpool soooo ...

Home of Barca Fans