Barca Transfers and Rumors

khaled_a_d

People thought the Griezmann rumors were clicks for tabloids too. It's not too far-fetched that Neymar want to leave PSG and their tinpot league

Griezmann had an affordable buyout clause, already had 1 leg in Manchester before deciding to stick with the team during the ban in order to leave later.
This is a whole new situation and it isn't even comparable, and for every Griezmann rumor there are other of 100 false rumor.

Thiago left and cannot return, but Neymar can because he makes them money. Going to be great to see how people spin this.

You are getting ahead of yourself.

FinBarcelonafan

How messed up our left side would be with Neymar, Coutinho and Alba? Dembele can be on the right side or traded to Paris.

Alba would hate it. I don't think we need Neymar. We need more new striker, CB etc.

Jaka Blazic

I know this is out of topic, and Im sorry, but does anyone know name of the song that fans singing, with melody of Reamonn's "Supergirl"? Huge greetings from Red Star Belgrade fan.

Porque

Barcelona have representatives watching both Copa Libertadores semi finals over the next 12 days. MD speculate it is to watch River Plates 20year old midfielder Exequel Palacios.

After the quick adaption of Arthur I am sure they will also be studying the Arthur midfield replacements of Gremio- if they feature.

El Trencaxarxes

Can't help but feel a bit torn.

First of all, both are obviously some of the biggest talents in the world in their respective positions. I've rarely seen a 19-year old take control as a central defender in the way that de Ligt does it. He was absolutely immense against Bayern. With Piqué ageing, Vermaelen never being fit and Umtiti struggling with nagging injuries lately, he would be such a welcome addition to our defence, really already here in January.

However, €130 million is also a lot of money. Can we realistically afford both and then still have money left to replace Suárez in a year, if not already next summer? Because we should face that the day where Suárez needs replacing is probably coming sooner rather than later.

I would love to see both of them come, but if I had to choose just one it would have to be de Ligt. Because I would also love to see Aleñá getting some minutes this season, which is certainly not going to happen if we bring de Jong, even when that probably means letting Rafinha or Denis go.

Lastly, while I would love to see them in Barcelona, I would also feel a bit sad on behalf of Ajax. They are finally starting to look like the good old Ajax, after a handful of mediocre and lacklustre years. If we are going to buy, I would love for it to be in July and not in January, especially seeing as we won't be able to use them in the Champions League.

Jombi

I think we should try to sign Pepe from Lille in the winter. Munir isnt good enough and we really need an alternative to Suarez. If he can be signed for 35-40m and does well, we can hopefully afford to pay 60m each for De Jong and De Ligt in the summer.

PhilS

Bartomeu: “We won’t sign any players in January. We have great players at the club already.” (catradio)

He might just be trying to keep up the morale in the current squad, rather than telling the truth. I think one, possibly two midifelders/forwards will go on loan or be sold in January, and a LB will come in. Could be a someone who can play at both LB or CB.

No, Vidal will not leave. Choose from Samper, Alena, Malcolm or D. Suarez.

gasgas

First of all, both are obviously some of the biggest talents in the world in their respective positions. I've rarely seen a 19-year old take control as a central defender in the way that de Ligt does it. He was absolutely immense against Bayern. With Piqué ageing, Vermaelen never being fit and Umtiti struggling with nagging injuries lately, he would be such a welcome addition to our defence, really already here in January.

However, €130 million is also a lot of money. Can we realistically afford both and then still have money left to replace Suárez in a year, if not already next summer? Because we should face that the day where Suárez needs replacing is probably coming sooner rather than later.

I would love to see both of them come, but if I had to choose just one it would have to be de Ligt. Because I would also love to see Aleñá getting some minutes this season, which is certainly not going to happen if we bring de Jong, even when that probably means letting Rafinha or Denis go.

Lastly, while I would love to see them in Barcelona, I would also feel a bit sad on behalf of Ajax. They are finally starting to look like the good old Ajax, after a handful of mediocre and lacklustre years. If we are going to buy, I would love for it to be in July and not in January, especially seeing as we won't be able to use them in the Champions League.

Valverde will probably bench both of them at best

Zidane82

De Ligt was shockingly bad the other day .... 7 bad mistakes in the first half alone including two bad howlers in the first five minutes ... I realise it was only one match but ...

raskolnikov

De Ligt was shockingly bad the other day .... 7 bad mistakes in the first half alone including two bad howlers in the first five minutes ... I realise it was only one match but ...

Since it was only one match, so wat? That way you could tell that any player is bad.

El Trencaxarxes

I mean, he is still just 19 years old. Mistakes will still be made, and a lot of them too. But in my opinion, being as dominant as he was against Bayern says a lot more about him than slipping up in a game they ended up winning 4-0 either way. When he's on and fully focused, he's already one of the best, but him losing his concentration will obviously be something for him to work on in the next couple of years.

Home of Barca Fans