Barca Transfers and Rumors

LordLichtenstein

My take on next Summer's transfer window.

2019-20:

Initial Transfer Budget:
€130M - Total

Player Departures:
€??.?? - Vidal
€??.?? - Cillessen
€??.?? - Gomes
€??.?? - Alcácer
€??.?? - Denis
€??.?? - Cucurella
Loan - Aleñá
Free - Samper
Free - Vermalen
Free - Douglas
€??.?? - Total

Player Arrivals:
€??.?? - Pogba
Free - Alderweireld
Free - Bernat
Free - Ortolá
€??.?? - Total

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Squad (22/25):

Attack (5/6):
- Messi
- Suárez
- Dembélé
- Malcom
- Munir

Midfield (7/6):
- Coutinho
- Busquets
- Rakitić
- Pogba*
- Arthur
- Rafinha
- Riqui Puig*

Defense (8/8):
- Piqué
- Umtiti
- Lenglet
- Alderweireld*
- Alba
- Bernat*
- Semedo
- Roberto

Goalkeeper (2/2):
- Ter Stegen
- Ortolá*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments:

1) There are currently no "world-class" strikers on the market and I don't see it changing next Summer. That is why I believe we will renew Munir's contract. But if we do decide to sign a new striker, it will likely be a young player with a world-class breakout season, and in that case we will part ways with Munir.

2) I'm fairly certain Pogba wants to come and that our board wants to bring him to Camp Nou.

3) Denis and Rafinha will be direct competitors this season, and whoever performs the best will likely stay, while the other will be sold.

4) I believe Vidal will want to chase a big-Chinese-money-move next Summer.

5) Should Mbappé decide not to sign a contract renewal, he will likely leave in Summer 2021. I believe with Pogba, Dembélé, Umtiti and Lenglet we can lure him to Camp Nou.

Last edited:

soul24rage

1) There are currently no "world-class" strikers on the market and I don't see it changing next Summer. That is why I believe we will renew Munir's contract. But if we do decide to sign a new striker, it will likely be a young player with a world-class breakout season, and in that case we will part ways with Munir.

2) I'm fairly certain Pogba wants to come and that our board wants to bring him to Camp Nou.

3) Denis and Rafinha will be direct competitors this season, and whoever performs the best will likely stay, while the other will be sold.

4) I believe Vidal will want to chase a big-Chinese-money-move next Summer.

5) Should Mbappé decide not to sign a contract renewal, he will likely leave in Summer 2021. I believe with Pogba, Dembélé, Umtiti and Lenglet we can lure him to Camp Nou.

1. I also agree that it's not likely that we're gonna buy a world class striker or a good back up striker next season as I think Barca will still see Suarez as our #1 striker for even next season so I would also renew Munir's contract (although we could do a better back up striker that offers something different). I think for the season 2020/2021, we will spend big on a 1st team striker

2&3. I also think we will buy De Jong whether or not we buy Pogba or not. If we do buy those two together, I think Rafinha will be sold. Puig will probably replace Denis. I'm not sure if Vidal will be moving to China after one season, but we'll see.

I think we will also buy De ligt maybe for season 2020/2021 or even 21/22 as he's still young, but I wouldn't mind having alderweireld for a free transfer. I want to see how miranda does before we think of buying bernat for free.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Why aren't people looking at Aubamayang, Cavani or even Morata?

Aubamayang is surrounded by crap at Arsenal, Cavani isn't comfortable at Psg and Morata is out of sorts at Chelsea.

If one of these could be signed for around 45 million I'd be cool with it.

LordLichtenstein

Next summer new striker should be a priority.
But who though? There really isn't any suitable strikers on the market.

If anyone, I suggest we go for Agüero (31 of age next summer). He will only have one year left on his contract and it might be Manchester City's last chance to cashing in on him. I'm sure if Barcelona make their interest public, he will hand in a transfer request, as it surely will be his last chance to play on a daily basis with Messi - one of his best friends. I reckon €30M, or something in that range, should do the trick. With that said, I'm well aware it isn't an ideal transfer because of his age, but due to the lack of available strikers on the market, it might be our best option.

Agüero is a proven goalscorer, scoring 30+ goals each season. I'm sure if given the opportunity, he can produce the same numbers in our shirt for 1-2 seasons, as well as serve as a motivating factor for Suárez.

Attack:
- Messi
- Suárez
- Agüero
- Dembélé
- Malcom

Summer 2019-20:
- Agüero, 31 years old.
- Suárez, 32 years old.

Summer 2020-21:
- Agüero, 32 years old.
- Suárez, 33 years old.

Summer 2021-22:
- Agüero, 33 years old.
- Suárez's (34) contract expires.

- Mbappé's (22) contract with PSG expires in 1 year.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

If anyone, I suggest we go for Agüero (31 of age next summer)

yAPmUq6.gif

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
People completely miss the point of signing a new striker.

The point of signing a new striker is to sign someone that is young and good enough to make an impact right now. Aguero is just a year younger than Suarez and tend to get injured quite often.

Why would we sign Cavani, Aguero or Costa when

A. They are in the same group as Suarez

B. Will be very expensive

C. We'll most likely have to replace after a couple of seasons anyway

D. We already have an aging core

E. Aren't really scoring many more goals than Suarez

LordLichtenstein

People completely miss the point of signing a new striker.

The point of signing a new striker is to sign someone that is young and good enough to make an impact right now. Aguero is just a year younger than Suarez and tend to get injured quite often.

Why would we sign Cavani, Aguero or Costa when

A. They are in the same group as Suarez

B. Will be very expensive

C. We'll most likely have to replace after a couple of seasons anyway

D. We already have an aging core

E. Aren't really scoring many more goals than Suarez

Of course, in an ideal situation. As of this moment, there isn't any young strikers on the market that can produce half of Suárez and Agüero's numbers (35+ goals and 10+ assists). That is why I suggested Agüero - the non-ideal player for our non-ideal situation.

A. Suárez is arguably among the 10 best strikers in the world. Getting someone from "his group" is not a bad thing.

B. At the age of 31 and with one year left of his contract, Agüero won't be expensive. Well, it depends on what you consider expensive?

C. Exactly, and the price tag will reflect just that. I don't consider €30-35M expensive for a player who can score 30+ goals and assist 10+ for at least 2 seasons. Not only will he be able to produce good numbers, he will also threaten Suárez - something he has never had to deal with in his career. With that being said, should he not be available for €30-35M next Summer, then I see no reason to bring him.

D. True.

E. That isn't the point?

Home of Barca Fans