Barca Transfers and Rumors

Vilarrubi

I think we'll end up breaking the bank for Eriksen once Denmark exit the world cup.

obviously Thiago would probably be a better fit but Barto needs a huge name after getting trolled by Griezmann

You think? Hope you're right.. I'd be happy with Eriksen or Thiago.

ASordidGod

Pjanić wanted to go to Juve in 2016. It's not always board's fault when we don't sign players.

Not the board's fault if we didn't get him in 2016 (did we even try?), sure, but it is their fault if they try and get him now, two years older, over twice the price and still not good enough.

ASordidGod

What happened to that Jorginho to ManC rumor?
Would much rather have him since hes more creative than any of Thiago, Pjanic or Eriksen.

Jorginho's a def mid. A controlling def mid, true, at least as far as I'm aware, I've never actually seen him play, but I still refuse to believe he could be more creative than Thiago or Pjanic. And absolutely he's not more creative than Eriksen, who plays much, much further upfield.

I think we'll end up breaking the bank for Eriksen once Denmark exit the world cup.

obviously Thiago would probably be a better fit but Barto needs a huge name after getting trolled by Griezmann

Why bring a player who spends most of his time injured?
And who left us for money?
That yuy is Judas in the flesh, and Bartomeu would be stupid to bring him back.
If you bring him back, more laMasia players will.leave b.c they know Barca will come knock on their door one day.
We need players who want to be here, not players who are failures .

FCBfan22

So, as things look now:

Out:
Deloufeu (Confirmed): 13 million
Marlon: 10-15 million
Vidal: 5-10 million
Gomes: 15 million
Rafinha: 25-30 million

Possibly out:
Paco: 25 million
Denis: 15 million
Munir: 15-20 million
-----------------------------------
Best case sales: cca 148 million euros, realisticly cca 110
__________________________________________________________________________________

Money to spend: cca 170 million euros (depends on sales + 60 million, which is our yearly transfer budget)

In:
Thiago: 50 million + Digne
Lenglet: 30 million
Arthur: 30 (+10) million
Alena: free
-------------------------------------------
120 million spent, but we still need a left back and a forward

Now, I personally think that we don't need both Arthur and Thiago, because they are too similar type of players. Get one of them. We need another attacking midfielder. I would try to go for Eriksen, but if Tottenham refuses to sell, get someone like Aouar from Lyon. One attacking and one more defensive midfielder.

But who should we get in LB and who should we get in FW? I have no ideas.

Last edited:

God Serena

Why bring a player who spends most of his time injured?
And who left us for money?
That yuy is Judas in the flesh, and Bartomeu would be stupid to bring him back.
If you bring him back, more laMasia players will.leave b.c they know Barca will come knock on their door one day.
We need players who want to be here, not players who are failures .

Thiago left for playing time, not money. Had a playing time clause in his contract that the club had no interest in meeting.

SeloBarca

It was a bit more than that.
He wanted to be first selection and his dad demanded it pretty much.
Like the Dos Santos brothers i feel like hes personality is a quite arrogant.

MTL_Barca

Idk who from the club said it but Thiago is a different story than la masia kids leaving to PL when they are like 16 or 17. Thiago had a chance to succeed here but in reality there wasn't that big of a chance he can be a starter anytime soon with Xavi/Iniesta still around and people seem to forget we also had Cesc so it wasn't as simple as "just wait till Xavi is older". At Bayern he had Pep and a good chance to become a starter immediately, cant really blame him for leaving us and it was once again our fault anyway with the release clause. Right now every la masia kid is getting these 100M clauses, it seems we realized how stupid we were instead of saying "we don't want players that dont want to be here blabla" after Ney and the Umtiti renewal saga.

We were after Bellerin just last summer and imo he stands for the kind of la masia players we shouldn't sign. The kids that leave us while still at juvenil as soon as a PL club offers big money and i would agree that we shouldn't sign these players back because they give a bad example. Thiago on the other hand is unique, the comparison would be something like benching Alena the next 3 years and then he decides to leave with a 45M clause we knew about and then signing him back some years later when we need a new AM. For me that's nothing in comparison to playing in our youth teams and then leaving for the first big PL offer that comes in.

Last edited:

mejji^

It was a bit more than that.
He wanted to be first selection and his dad demanded it pretty much.
Like the Dos Santos brothers i feel like hes personality is a quite arrogant.

Thiago left to play more, earn more money and develop as a player. 3 things Barca could not offer him back then and its absolutely fine for him to get this somewhere else. Working under Pep has made him a beast and if he wants to come back its totally fine. There is no way i could see him as a traitor under these circumstances.

Barcilliant

Thiago left to play more, earn more money and develop as a player. 3 things Barca could not offer him back then and its absolutely fine for him to get this somewhere else. Working under Pep has made him a beast and if he wants to come back its totally fine. There is no way i could see him as a traitor under these circumstances.

He's a beast? Is that why Bayern want to sell?

mejji^

He's a beast? Is that why Bayern want to sell?

Have you read Bayerns statements? They do NOT want to sell him, he said he wants to leave.

Reasons why Bayern would sell him? They have injury prone players in Thiago, Robben, Ribery, Javi, Boateng etc. etc. - it would make sense for the board to start reducing these numbers.

Another reason? Bayern has: Javi Martinez, Thiago, Vidal, Rudy, Goretzka, James, Tolisso and several youngsters for a few midfield positions.
Another reason? Bayern does not force players to stick around if they want to leave and Bayern has replacement

Heres Rummenigges statement: Rummenigge: „Davon ist mir nichts bekannt. Bei uns hat sich kein Klub gemeldet, und auch Thiago nicht. Wir planen weiter mit ihm. Wobei ich sagen muss, dass wir sehr viele Mittelfeldspieler im Kader haben. Für neun Mann haben wir je nach System nur drei bis vier Positionen zu vergeben. Der Kader, wie er jetzt dasteht, ist top. Wenn wir aber Spieler abgeben, schließe ich auch nicht aus, dass wir noch etwas machen.“

Translates to: I dont know anything about it, neither a club nor Thiago has contacted us about this, we still plan with him but i gotta say that we have 9 midfield players in the squad. We only have 3-4 positions for 9 guys. Our team is good as it is, but if we sell someone we might buy someone aswell.

So obviously Bayern will not try to keep the injury prone players out of these 9 (Vidal, Thiago) and instead build for the future with the likes of Goretzka.

Last edited:

TitoTata

Banned
I hope we're looking at another CB ... not at all impressed with Umtiti again today .. his pizz poor clearances again made him a liability. Good job he's fast .

Home of Barca Fans