Barca Transfers and Rumors

MTL_Barca

It's like that everywhere tho. A coach playing more attractive, offensive, interesting football always gets more praise than the ones that just get results in. Football is entertainment, and not only for us Barca fans.

Look at Bayern for example, they are on top of the table again, score lots of goals but their coach is under attack 24/7 on social media by many fans (and by media itself to an extent) because of his style of football and the poor CL exit where they didn't even really try to score while you would probably praise Kovac too. Different mindsets i guess. It's not exclusively a Barca thing, it's just even stronger here because in general people associate Barca with a specific style and offensive attractive football so it's always extra hard if a coach does things a bit different.

Last edited:

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
You're not really seeing or listening about the issues with 'retardo', it's most definitely not just for his substitutions.... There are multiple issues with him.

Arizona Scott

EV to date is only out of 1/6 major competitions Barca has entered--one major screw up, and is 2/2 of the league. Retardo is absurd. He many times doesn't do things I think is best or exactly how I would but his results are hard to argue with.

Pep however clearly didn't play his best left winger for the bulk of the CL quarters. The same left winger responsible for them having a great chance to win the league from taking 4 points in their toughest matches this year--their Liverpool ties. Pep is a great coach but also a stubborn man who outsmarts himself at times. Not playing Sane is like limiting minutes to Messi in the CL quarters, or not playing a healthy and cracking form Dembele. There is little like the Malcom situation with Sane, their Malcom is Mahrez, who got to play instead of their better player in the most important match they had to date.

MTL_Barca

Not playing Sané equals benching Messi? :lol:

One problem for Sané is that he made all his games as LW and it seems Pep just prefers Sterling (their best winger) as LW and then Mahrez/Silva on RW. He would need to put Sterling on the other side, but then there are different kind of wingers (more playmaking ones vs Sané who is more straight forward), and he doesn't have left foot/RW and right foot/LW. Sané would need to play on RW to be the best pair with Sterling imo, but for some reason he seems to be set on LW. All the other players get moved around quite a lot but Sané always plays LW (Schalke as well iirc) so i guess there must be a reason.

If anything i'd say the biggest mistake regarding the line up was to not play De Bruyne in the first game and playing to passive in general. But after all they could go through at home and managed to score 4 goals in that game, if you score 4 goals and still go out i'd say not playing other wingers to maybe even score more isn't really the reason you're out.

I also wouldn't call Mahrez their Malcom. He played 2400+ mins this season as well. I don't think City has any Malcom. I can't even think of a 40M+ anywhere who gets the Malcom treatment for no reason, maybe someone like Renato Sanches but he never really showed good games where Malcom had some good showings.

BBZs point was just stupid because nothing of that is comparable. I mean Pep gets criticized, a lot. And tbh it even seems that these days there are far more people that absolutely hate him and wait for him to fail than people that praise him as a god who never makes mistakes. I mean there is plenty room for criticism but this Sané thing? You could argue about what the best 11 is, sure. Thats true for most teams. But statring with the whole "Ernie gets falsely blamed for not developing young players and badly managing minutes" thing after a VF? Nah, that ain't it.

And the rant about good looking attacking football vs pragmatic football is pointless as well. I mean that's just a given, you can't blame anyone for liking fast, offensive football more and therefore there will always be bias. Just look at smaller teams if they get like 10th with possession based attacking football vs defensive football and how their coaches get judged. Or Ajax, the whole world loves how they reached the semis but a big part of that comes down to their playstyle. Imagine them winning every round 1-0, 0-0 with ultra defensive bus parking football, there wouldn't even be nearly as much hype.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Someone mentioned LautaroMartinez. He's good but Kean is better. It would also help weaken a Cl rival.

Kean, Jovic are my first two choices as striker. I like Richarlison but he needs to start scoring more. Still not clinical enough.

serghei

People are still more cruel towards EV.
As always, Barca's DNA/nice play vs Ev's football.

I tried to think about Pep's nicknames for only 20 seconds and came with: Dumbiola, Idiotola, Choke'n'rolla etc.

It is quite simple.
If people want to offend someone (like me with Neyclown and similar), they will find rude nicknames quite soon.
But at the end of a day, Pep played nice, Pep played Barca's DNA.
He will need to do 200 shit things and lose in a CL 200 times in a row until core Barca's DNA fans will start to doubt in him, in his ideas and in his system.
With EV, even if he'll win a treble, we'll hear stupid alibies:
This is the worst Real/Atletico ever.
He was lucky with a CL draw, I mean, Lyon and Man Utd and Tottenham/Ajax in a final.
It was all about Messi and free kicks.

While, as I have said a few days ago, under Pep, all of our opponents had the best teams in their history, all of our opponents played with 14 players vs our 11 guys, we had the toughest draws EVER, refs were against us, volcanoes were against us, aliens were against us.

It is black and white.
If some is a Barca's DNA player/coach, everything is awesome and people have excuses for everyone.
For EV, Raki, Rabiot, you get the point, everything is wrong. Since they are not Barca's-light and beautiful Pep's DNA and that's it.

Not saying I agree with 'Retardo', but Valverde is a Barca manager and Guardiola is currently managing an oil team. Who gives a shit he's failing in CL post Barca? All we care is that Pep at Barcelona played fantastic football and won 2/4 CLs in 4 years, including a treble and a double, while in the other 2 years was plagued by bad luck.

And also, it's stupid to compare the manager who created the best team ever according to many, with Valverde. Which doesn't mean Valverde can't achieve great results on his own right.

Most Barca fans see total football + titles as the highest achievement at Barcelona. Pep delivered both in style.

Last edited:

Riordon

It might also have something to do with that City generally seems to be a liked club while PSG is constantly shit on with “QSG”, “QATARI” and so on.

They are equally shit. I would even argue that City is worse. Why they are liked I don’t know

FinBarcelonafan

It might also have something to do with that City generally seems to be a liked club while PSG is constantly shit on with “QSG”, “QATARI” and so on.

They are equally shit. I would even argue that City is worse. Why they are liked I don’t know

Pep gave them a soul. Nobody cared about them.before.

BBZ8800

Pep gave them soul on Barcaforum, though.

I doubt that Pep and City are that much admired on Bayern's or Juve's forum.

As Riordon said, we shit on Psg all the time and we are giving them all sorts of dirty names, while City is just City, not Shitty or $ity.

Also we admire Pep, his tactics and a lot of people want to still copy his and City's style.

Regarding Psg and City pre oil money, Psg was at least a good club (in the last 20-30 years) even before oil money.
They played in CL semis in 90s, they had a title in 1994 and were usually one of top French sides, they had young Ronaldinho in early 2000s.

City was in the 2nd div in 90s.
And in late 90s, they got relegated to a Div3.

So, imo, City is a more plastic club than Psg and Chelsea.
Psg and Chelsea were Uefa club tier of clubs before oil money.
While City was somewhere in between West Ham and Nottingham Forrest today.

vlad

Yeah right, soon he will give soul to PSG, so start be polite towards them

Edit: i dont have nothing against oil clubs, let them be, but put one oil club over another and talking about soul, just because pep, really

Last edited:

vuji_31

So what are the options for the striker?

Werner - Going to Bayern
Jovic - He is afraid of Suarez and less playing time
Griezmann - Too much expensivr
Rashford - also
Richarlison - not really mentioned buy realiable sources

Why not to buy Wissan Ben Yedder?

Scored 26 goals in 42 apps.
He will not be too much expensive.
He will be second striker.
Knows the league.

Problem could be the age , if they want someone for long run.
But as back up option he would be great.

Riordon

I would add Gabriel Jesus and Piatek as options too. I can imagine that Jesus wants out and City fans dont really seem happy with him. About Piatek, he would be my favourite pick. I know he just got to Milan but eventually he will probably want a bigger club. A true 9 with pace and power.

But it really depends on what we want. Is it a Suarez replacement or Suarez sub? Suarez is still top 3 CF in the world and I think the club will use him for two more seasons. So its probably a sub. This means the guy can either be a young guy who is okay with coming from the bench and eventually will take over or a old player. Doubt somebody who is in the prime ala Ben Yedder wants to be a sub.

Andresito

Staff member
I would add Gabriel Jesus and Piatek as options too. I can imagine that Jesus wants out and City fans dont really seem happy with him. About Piatek, he would be my favourite pick. I know he just got to Milan but eventually he will probably want a bigger club. A true 9 with pace and power.

But it really depends on what we want. Is it a Suarez replacement or Suarez sub? Suarez is still top 3 CF in the world and I think the club will use him for two more seasons. So its probably a sub. This means the guy can either be a young guy who is okay with coming from the bench and eventually will take over or a old player. Doubt somebody who is in the prime ala Ben Yedder wants to be a sub.

What we need for Suárez, City need for Agüero. They are both still WC strikers, but they're getting older.

No way City will sell Jesus only to find themselves desperately looking for a new striker in 1-2 years.

Riordon

Agree but we could make a try. Other than that it’s the first time I have no idea which direction the club is working. Even sport and md is pretty silent

Riordon

Sometimes I wonder if its just better to pay 120m for Griezmann and be done with it for the next 3-4 years. That guaranteed quality. Im willing to pay big money for a young forward but they have to be elite youngster which I dont consider Jovic, Rashford or Richarlisson. Maybe Joao Felix?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans