Cillessen 27 (summer 2016)
Turan 28 (summer of 2015)
Luis Suarez 27 (summer of 2014)
Mathieu 31 (summer of 2014)
Vermalean 29 (summer of 2014)
Bravo 28 (summer of 2014)
David Villa 29 (summer of 2010)
Mascherano 27 (summer of 2010)

From that list, only 2 flopped... and honestly Vermalean probably would of been a great purchase for us if it wasn't for his injuries

i don't understand this fear of buying players 25+

Very solid list. We have done very well with older players.

wisconsincule

If we signed Özil I’m sure we’d still be after a younger long term replacement this summer. If the contract is short and the price right it’s a good deal. He may be a “choker” but he still has the big game experience that not a lot of guys who are available have.

Nothanks

He would only cause more problems than fix in my opinion.
He was rejected at Real Madrid for his high wage demands AND being a lazy playmaker.
in arsenal he okay good because for the most part he doesn't need to work so hard like his teammates who serve him more.

We have a player like that in messi... people don't realize how much work iniesta puts in defensively and i just see us being dominated unless we control 70% of the ball *which we struggle to do in big matches as of late*

I agree he's cheap but idk if he'd be a huge upgrade from iniesta.

Givenchy

Ozil would be a disaster here. lazy, dissapears when the going gets tough and an ex-Madrid player to boot.. might aswell sign AdM as well while were at it. he'd want stupid high wages and i don't see him accepting a 2 year contract as at 29 this will likely be his last big payday. it'll be Arda situation all over again and we won't be able to get rid of him.

Coutinho is the only midfielder we should be looking at to replace Iniesta.

Nothanks

I agree on the coutinho comment.. he seems to be the only possible worth while target.
he has already expressed interest and tried to get here in the summer.. liverpool cannot hold him hostage if we come knocking again.

erikson would of been great too but tottenham have openly said he would cost more than neymar at this point, not worth it..
i keep hearing fekir and lemar as options but they still need to develop, mind you probably very expensive as-well.

either we spend the 100m-150m on iniesta replacement or bring alena in now and try to groom him as soon as possible.

Griezeman is also a must if Messi is leaving in the summer.

Nothanks

International team is never equal to club football.

9/10 times the teams play it super safe, the laziest player can look good for national teams then get ruined in clubs.
which reminds me, another awful thing about ozil is his stamina, the smoker in his prime could barely last 65 minutes in the pitch in intense matches, he rivals deulofeu in that aspect.

Riordon

Werner and Upamecano look really promising for the Leipzig team. I think Upamecano is a superior player to De Ligt and we should really consider Werner to enforce our attack instead of Griezmann. He is a constant goal threat both for Leipzig and the national team.

Zincubus

Banned
Ozil is the quintessential choker. He nearly always disappears in big games. Cesc is a clutch player compared to him. 50 million for Fekir would be better business.

Although he did get the man of the match award against Spurs at the weekend , in Arsenal's biggest game of the season ( every season ) ....and hasn't he won the German player of the year award for the last 5 years ??

Givenchy

Although he did get the man of the match award against Spurs at the weekend , in Arsenal's biggest game of the season ( every season ) ....and hasn't he won the German player of the year award for the last 5 years ??

His talent isn't the problem, it never has been. its his shit, lazy attitude. he's 29 now so god knows how lazy he'll be into his 30s. just need the AdM rumours to surface again and we can have 2 real madrid rejects

Giginho75

ozil great player, but i don't know if the right player for us...
probably he already gave his best in carreer...

but it's true that the last market session there have been too much criticisms on this forum about the barca market...
meanwhile the spanish league shows the good job of our board (mostly with players like semedo and paulinho)...

i still remember a lot of users complaining and seeing how much was strong real madrid...

but coutinho? news about him?

Barcilliant

I watched the Arsenal Spurs match. He was good but not great. Mustafi and Sanchez were better then him

Home of Barca Fans