Barca Transfers and Rumors

behindbrowneyes

don't think he's impossible. sure Levy is a bastard but I can see a few Spurs players wanting out soon with their smaller wages, we already saw it with Danny Rose. ofcourse we should of been buying Eriksen when he was at Ajax but alas the board has no future vision as shown by chasing AdM and now freaking Ozil.

Signing young promising players isn't that easy as you make it. Smart players want to grow as a footballer and they know that they won't play much when they move from a club like Ajax directly to Barcelona. Many players want to avoid loan-deals and I can easily see why.

raskolnikov

Signing young promising players isn't that easy as you make it. Smart players want to grow as a footballer and they know that they won't play much when they move from a club like Ajax directly to Barcelona. Many players want to avoid loan-deals and I can easily see why.
Vertonghen, Eriksen and Suarez were all recommended but we ignored it. Sometimes it makes sense for us to buy directly rather than letting the transfer fee triple.

Jombi

Thats excuses to be honest. Lots of clubs buy young great players. Loan deals are common as well. And when it comes to the best young players in the world, dominating various top leagues, there is no excuse left.

Givenchy

fair point but it seems were the only ones with this problem. Chelsea keep loaning the fuckers out and they still move there. i mentioned Eriksen specifically as we have a respect and the cruyff link with Ajax. I think it was De Boer who even recommended Eriksen making the step up here

JamDav1982

Thats excuses to be honest. Lots of clubs buy young great players. Loan deals are common as well. And when it comes to the best young players in the world, dominating various top leagues, there is no excuse left.

So have Barca.

While lots of players have turned down other top clubs as well due to wanting to go somewhere they will play more.

Barca wont offer fortunes to laregly unproven youngsters the way Real and lots of EPL clubs do.

Last edited:

behindbrowneyes

fair point but it seems were the only ones with this problem. Chelsea keep loaning the fuckers out and they still move there. i mentioned Eriksen specifically as we have a respect and the cruyff link with Ajax. I think it was De Boer who even recommended Eriksen making the step up here

Yes, Chelsea had seasons in which they had 30 players on their loan list. How many of them have become a success for Chelsea? I don't follow them closely so Courtois is the only one who comes to my mind. They had Salah and Lukaku but "lost" them.
A club like ours has hundreds of ex-players recommending players. Ok, De Boer is a credible one as he coached Ajax/Eriksen for a long time. In the end you never know which player can make the necessary steps forward to make it at a club of our calibre. I mean, we thought Halilovic was the next big deal. Many thought Muniain will become worldclass but stagnated big time in the crucial years. So did Bojan. And it happened to many others who were considered as future stars when they were 16 while a "grey mouse" like Busquets became the best DM in the world. No one would've thought that while he played in our youth teams. Signing young talents is a gamble.

Jombi

Yes, Chelsea had seasons in which they had 30 players on their loan list. How many of them have become a success for Chelsea? I don't follow them closely so Courtois is the only one who comes to my mind. They had Salah and Lukaku but "lost" them.
A club like ours has hundreds of ex-players recommending players. Ok, De Boer is a credible one as he coached Ajax/Eriksen for a long time. In the end you never know which player can make the necessary steps forward to make it at a club of our calibre. I mean, we thought Halilovic was the next big deal. Many thought Muniain will become worldclass but stagnated big time in the crucial years. So did Bojan. And it happened to many others who were considered as future stars when they were 16 while a "grey mouse" like Busquets became the best DM in the world. No one would've thought that while he played in our youth teams. Signing young talents is a gamble.

I dont think people are talking about 16 year old kids here when they refer to "young talents". But players that are some of the best players in the top 6-7 leagues while being in their early 20s. 16 year olds are for Barca B. There is a huge difference between Naby Keita and Halilovic from some obscure league as a 17 year old. We cant make up excuses all the time, first the excuse is that young players wont join because we are so good and when they join other rich clubs we cant buy because the rich club wont sell.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Vertonghen, Eriksen and Suarez were all recommended but we ignored it. Sometimes it makes sense for us to buy directly rather than letting the transfer fee triple.

Denis, Gomes and Paco were surely also recommended.
We wasted at least 2 years on those three and then we'll just try with 2-3 new young guys the next summer.

I guess that every season, at least 10 young players are recommended.
Should we buy all of them and turn into a testing club? No.

The board choses 1-2 out of them and makes a risk.
Last season we risked with Paco, Denis and Gomes.
This season we risked with 150M Dembele.

Let's see whether any of them will be here in 2-3 years first.

It is not that simple with young players.
In hindsight, it is easy to say: we missed so many good opportunities.
But we also dodged 100s of bullets with youngsters who turned into absolutely nothing.

I dont think people are talking about 16 year old kids here when they refer to "young talents". But players that are some of the best players in the top 6-7 leagues while being in their early 20s. 16 year olds are for Barca B. There is a huge difference between Naby Keita and Halilovic from some obscure league as a 17 year old. We cant make up excuses all the time, first the excuse is that young players wont join because we are so good and when they join other rich clubs we cant buy because the rich club wont sell.

Halilovic today is hindsight is a bad deal.
When he came, people seriously thought that we have a young Messi.

I have personally been insulted at least 20-30 times by different users in his topic because I dared to question his quality, his future and IQ when he came.

Aged 18, Halil was probably a better talent than Eriksen.
That shows how risky is a business of gambling on youngsters.

I'll never forget 10s of posts by our forum members 3-4-5 years ago:
In 2020, we'll play a CL final with Munir-Sandro-Adama-Halilovic. We will have way too many world class La Masia strikers.

Lol.
5 years later we have 0 players from that generation in our team.
Some members talked about fielding 11 LA Masia players in a 2020 CL final (that used to be THE MOST TALENTED generation ever, according to some. Even though, people figured out over years that the new/the next generation is always lebelled as the best ever... due to media, hype and a human nature of hope and desperation for a better future).

Last edited:

Jombi

Denis, Gomes and Paco were surely also recommended.
We wasted at least 2 years on those three and then we'll just try with 2-3 new young guys the next summer.

I guess that every season, at least 10 young players are recommended.
Should we buy all of them and turn into a testing club? No.

The board choses 1-2 out of them and makes a risk.
Last season we risked with Paco, Denis and Gomes.
This season we risked with 150M Dembele.

Let's see whether any of them will be here in 2-3 years first.

It is not that simple with young players.
In hindsight, it is easy to say: we missed so many good opportunities.
But we also dodged 100s of bullets with youngsters who turned into absolutely nothing.

Halilovic today is hindsight is a bad deal.
When he came, people seriously thought that we have a young Messi.

I have personally been insulted at least 20-30 times by different users in his topic because I dared to question his quality, his future and IQ when he came.

Aged 18, Halil was probably a better talent than Eriksen.
That shows how risky is a business of gambling on youngsters.

I'll never forget 10s of posts by our forum members 3-4-5 years ago:
In 2020, we'll play a CL final with Munir-Sandro-Adama-Halilovic. We will have way too many world class La Masia strikers.

Lol.
5 years later we have 0 players from that generation in our team.
Some members talked about fielding 11 LA Masia players in a 2020 CL final (that used to be THE MOST TALENTED generation ever, according to some. Even though, people figured out over years that the new/the next generation is always lebelled as the best ever... due to media, hype and a human nature of hope and desperation for a better future).

I think you are just picking random people who say these things and try to make it out like everyone thought some 17 year old kid from an obscure league like Halilovic would be the new Messi. Thats not an argument for not chasing the best players from the top 6-7 leagues who are still in the first half of their 20s. Werent you against signing Neymar, Gabriel Jesus, Umtiti, De Bruyne and others as well using the same arguments? Why not just judge each player as an individual instead of saying: "he is younger than 25, he is risky, he is unproven, look at Halilovic" every time? Its not like Vermaelen, Arda, Vidal, Cesc, Hleb, Ibra etc were huge successes either.

BBZ8800

I think you are just picking random people who say these things and try to make it out like everyone thought some 17 year old kid from an obscure league like Halilovic would be the new Messi. Thats not an argument for not chasing the best players from the top 6-7 leagues who are still in the first half of their 20s. Werent you against signing Neymar, Gabriel Jesus, Umtiti, De Bruyne and others as well using the same arguments? Why not just judge each player as an individual instead of saying: "he is younger than 25, he is risky, he is unproven, look at Halilovic" every time? Its not like Vermaelen, Arda, Vidal, Cesc, Hleb, Ibra etc were huge successes either.

My argument is equally as good or bad as yours.
Some of you reply to every post: the board didn't have a vision, because they didn't bought Eriksen from Ajax/or insert any random xx player.

In that time, there were 20 players of that quality.

To prove a point, I offered you in the past: name 10 players TODAY who we should bought right now (if you were the board).
And let's see how will those 10 players develop over the next 3-4 years.

In the end, probably 1-2 out of 10 Goretzkas wiill turn into a playable Barca's level.

Write 10 players in whom we should invest today, and we'll follow them.
You'll see that it is not as easy as majority of you make it sound.

Your remark about Halilovic is crazy.
Obscure league etc? Modric, Kovacic, Mandzukic came from that obscure league and were weaker players than Halilovic aged 18.
You can always go back to the days when he started to play for us, and read people's silly and hyped replies:
http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/9950-Alen-Halilović/page37

He was an insane talent.
And looked like a more certain deal than Gortzkas or a 18 years old Eriksen.

Last edited:

Jombi

My argument is equally as good or bad as yours.
Some of you reply to every post: the board didn't have a vision, because they didn't bought Eriksen from Ajax/or insert any random xx player.

In that time, there were 20 players of that quality.

To prove a point, I offered you in the past: name 10 players TODAY who we should bought right now (if you were the board).
And let's see how will those 10 players develop over the next 3-4 years.

In the end, probably 1-2 out of 10 Goretzkas wiill turn into a playable Barca's level.

Write 10 players in whom we should invest today, and we'll follow them.
You'll see that it is not as easy as majority of you make it sound.

Your remark about Halilovic is crazy.
Obscure league etc? Modric, Kovacic, Mandzukic came from that obscure league and were weaker players than Halilovic aged 18.
You can always go back to the days when he started to play for us, and read people's silly and hyped replies:
http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/9950-Alen-Halilović/page37

He was an insane talent.
And looked like a more certain deal than Gortzkas or a 18 years old Eriksen.

But you are not talking to "some of you". You are talking to me. Did I say that Eriksen should be bought as a 18 year old? No I didnt. Tottenham bought him as a 21 year old. I have no opinion on that at all.

Halilovic was a 17 year old kid from an obscure league, he indeed was. Modric, Kovacic? They were not bought as 17 year old kids from that league. There is a huge difference between a player like that, a Barca B type signing, and signing the best young players in various top leagues who are still younger than 25.

You keep talking about Goretzka repeatedly. This is a guy who is a free player in a few months. Thats the main attraction. A guy who has scored 6 goals in 9 games for the German senior national team so far this year as a midfielder. 22 years old. No, not the u-17 German team or some other obscurity. Its silly to just always bring up the irrelevant Halilovic in these discussions.

JamDav1982

Eriksen has been one of many players coming out of Holland that have been hyped.

Some have made it some havent. To go back and revise it to choose ones that have and should have been signed is pointless.

Barca could have had Modric for peanuts before even moved to Spurs but didnt. Cant really dwell on those things as cast majority of players in similar situations come to nothing.

FCBfan22

From what I've seen in the last 2 matches I'd say:

- Renew Messi
- Sell Gomes, Rafinha, Vidal and Arda.
- Sell Denis too, if Valverde doesn't intend to play him.
- Try to ship Suarez or bench him.
- Buy De Ligt.
- Buy Mina and sell Marlon
- Buy Coutinho and Lemar. Both. They can both play LW and LCM, with Lemar being able to play RCM and RW also occasionally and they are both playmakers.
- Play false 9 again.

Point 1/8 done. Only 7 left to do.

raskolnikov

Eriksen has been one of many players coming out of Holland that have been hyped.

Some have made it some havent. To go back and revise it to choose ones that have and should have been signed is pointless.

Barca could have had Modric for peanuts before even moved to Spurs but didnt. Cant really dwell on those things as cast majority of players in similar situations come to nothing.
With Eriksen its different though. Itvwas clear he was very suited for Barca. Talked about it being his dream and being the bestbplayer when he moved to spurs. Some goes for Vertonghen, Suarez in a way and this season Sanchez who moved to spurs. An example of a giy who looked great but dropped of big time is Bazoer. I thought he would be another Pogba.

JamDav1982

With Eriksen its different though. Itvwas clear he was very suited for Barca. Talked about it being his dream and being the bestbplayer when he moved to spurs. Some goes for Vertonghen, Suarez in a way and this season Sanchez who moved to spurs. An example of a giy who looked great but dropped of big time is Bazoer. I thought he would be another Pogba.

He wasnt at Barca level at that point and a lot of them get talked about as being Barca level.

Vertonghen is another one that is a good enough player but nothing amazing.

Home of Barca Fans