Barca Transfers and Rumors

Fully agree with gregorrin10 except for coach selection.
Klopp is not interested in barça, Tuchel is not doing good and Bielsa should be an option but certainly not plan A.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Bielsa would be the perfect interim manager until the summer. Known for getting results in little time, but never stays for long. In the summer we could chase Sampaoli.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Bielsa should never be anything more than an interim manager, but Lucho is not getting sacked and he is not resigning, so there won't be any interim manager. The only thing people can hope for is that he gets his shit together before he loses the dressing room.

If the club is desperate to go for an ex-player then Valverde should be the man. If they're willing to be a bit more flexible then you got to do your best to convince Sampaoli to take this job. Pochettino is a Perico. I very much doubt the club would go after him, but our President is an ex-perico too so who knows.

Who do you think is willing to come to Barcelona and is available?

Valverde is the only coach who is both popular, realistic and pretty available.
I personally want Sampaoli who would be hard to nudge away from Sevilla. Other names as mentioned on here are all possibilities. Koeman, Blanc, Bielsa, etc

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The fact that Sampaoli didn't commit to his future in Sevilla recently gives hope. If an offer comes in, he might come although I guess we'd have to pay Sevilla to let him go.

Cool

I dont see Sampaoli leaving Sevilla after one season only.

I only see Bielsa and Valverde as the only two options who proven themselves.

gregorrin10

If we can't get past Bilbao mid-week, i would personally love Lucho to get sacked right there and then. Best scenario: bring in Bielsa maybe like you all said, only as an interim manager for now, and see how we do with him in what's left of this season, maybe he can inspire the team to a right now unlikely CL trophy. Then act accordingly in the summer. Forgot about Sampaoli and Pochettino as viable options to come...would like either of them very much too! And Pochettino just might be ready to move on, especially if Tottenham don't reach top 4, then all of it could come crashing down (Alli sold? Kane?).

Tuchel and Klopp probably aren't realistic anyway, so it'd be between Valverde, Sampaoli, Pochettino or giving Bielsa and extended run, if he actually came in to replace Lucho mid-season but i find that highly unlikely. But i wouldn't mind Bielsa actually getting a season or two to prove he's still one of the best out there, even if he does come in after this season. If Lucho managed to get 3 whole years, we can give Bielsa 2, especially if no one of the main trio from upstairs don't come. Don't like Blanc personally, just seems he would have trouble managing this many egos, didn't impress me at PSG, and i've said my piece on Koeman already. I like Emery as well, but he's just starting at PSG, so i think that's as likely as getting Klopp.

Last edited:

hulinat

I dont see Sampaoli leaving Sevilla after one season only.

I only see Bielsa and Valverde as the only two options who proven themselves.

sampaoli only signed a 2 year contract with sevilla. he can easily leave after this season

JackSparrow

I would love Klopp on Barca bench. Second choice Sampaoli.
I dont see any other good long term option, maybe Valverde, but thats it.

Lets not waste Messi's years and bring in top manager. Lets see the coaches he had (Rijkaard, Guardiola, Tito, Tata, Enrique). Its about time he gets a good coach. If you look at it most of them were noobs, Pep turned out great, but others not so good. And knowing our board we will go for someone like Koeman.. smh :(

Messi983

Bielsa should never be anything more than an interim manager, but Lucho is not getting sacked and he is not resigning, so there won't be any interim manager. The only thing people can hope for is that he gets his shit together before he loses the dressing room.

Agree, I love Bielsa but he's just not made for big clubs. I also don't believe manager with his pedigree would take an interim manager role and he's apparently also very close to sign with Lille.

IF (and that's a very big IF) Lucho will be gone then someone like Unzue or maybe Gerard (hopefully not because that would f.... up Barça B who is currently doing great) will take over. I don't think anyone of them would be a clear improvement over Lucho though so let's just hope that he starts doing better.

For summer, Sampaoli and Oscar Garcia are my favourites but Valverde is probably the most likely Lucho's successor if he doesn't renew.

sampaoli only signed a 2 year contract with sevilla. he can easily leave after this season

Yes, especially with Monchi also leaving. But on the other hand, Sevilla is currently better team than us, so why would he leave them? :p

Messi983

Some people will also say that Pep wasn't/isn't as great as he was here elsewhere because he was made for Barça. Yes, he won BL titles with by far the best team in the league (something that probably most of managering experts from this board could also do :D) but he couldn't won CL with Bayern. And so far he's not exactly doing great for City either.

Not really trying to compare both of their achievements (it's clear that Pep won more titles but Rijkaard won his CL title with worse team than Pep) but I think Frank deserves some respect. He was also the one who managed and influenced Messi very well during his first years in senior team. Imagine what would happen with Messi's career if we had a coach like Mourinho back then. Or better not. So I'll always be grateful to Rijkaard for everything he's done for us. I don't care what he did in his career before or after he left us as I don't really care about how Pep or our other former coaches are doing either. For me he's just a coach of opponent team and I consider him the same way than I do other coaches. I respect him but I really don't care much about him.

Home of Barca Fans