Barca Transfers and Rumors

Giginho75

chance to sell arda and gomes in january?
i read arda possible in china...

i still have to understand who is our first target for january...

i hope coutinho, because leo needs someone who can help him for passes, dribblings, assists...
he cannot do everything alone for all season...

furthermore we have to "recover" dembele'...
at the end we can say he will be the first our new player of january.

mia7007

Will we get any money from Masche move as he will leave in Jan not end of season, or it will be gift from the club as he gave us a lot
Same for Arda, we hear about offers from China, England, France and Italy. Any idea about these?
Can we use the money coming from these two (if any) + what we will save from salary budget from their both high salary to get a strong defender in Jan

Does any of you think that we could really get Coutinho in January? And if we reaaly have all set with Griezmann in summer, could we really afford both of them? Maybe buying Coutinho with the rest of money from Neymars sell and buying Griez with 2018 budget. But we also need masch replacement in Jan, if he really is leaving, Mina cant be our 3th CB, neither can be Vermealen. Therefore I really see Inigo Martinez as logical option (la liga experience, could play in CL, reachable fee-32m bayout), and could buy him with sales from Deu/vidal, andre gomes.

Coutinho (around 100mil) and Inigo(32mil)= 135mio (100 from neymar money+sales of masche+vidal/deulofeu/+gomes)
Summer 2018: Griezmann (100mil)+Mina (12mil). (budget from transfers + sales.

Could be possible, but anything can go wrong.

Riordon

The sale of Neymar and the new sponsor deals should leave us with enough money for transfer. Last summer we earned 30m from transfer, meaning we didn't use the original budget of around 100-120m. Next summer we have several players we should sale who could bring us 100m combined and the budget for the summer. In total that would be 300-350m. Thats lots of money but not if we buy Coutinho and Griezmann. We need to succes with transfers in the region of 30-50m. Arthur and Mina are good signs for the future. Players like Jonathan Tah will go for 25m next summer, surely a better deal than De Ligt for 50m. Martial will only have a year left next summer, could be signed for 35-40m.

Point is the board must manage the new and much needed money flow at club in a proper way. Buying the must expensive players really isn't the best solution, neither economic or in terms of succes on the field.

Riordon

Found this one on twitter:

A. ARTHUR+MINA+GRIEZMANN (35+10+100) = 145M€
B. COUTINHO+MINA+MARTIAL/KLUIVERT (130+10+40) = 180m
C. GRIEZMANN+DE LIGT+ARTHUR (100+45+35) = 180M€
D. COUTINHO+DE LIGT+GOREZTKA (130+45+0) = 175M€

The club is probably working on these combinations latest reports and WU-spots taken into consideration. Right the A is most realistic.

Trickykid

If it was even remotely realistic, I'd go with option B with Martial. 40m for him is a pipe dream, though. Even if Mou would let him go, he'd probably be in the 100m range, if not higher.

Martial - Messi - Dembele

Or

Dembele - Martial - Messi

Add Suarez to the mix in some sort of rotation or super sub role.
I rate Griezmann, but I really like the versatility of someone like Martial, even though the former obviously is the better striker at present. There's the whole age aspect to consider as well.

Wishful thinking, though, as we've barely been linked with Martial, and Mou probably won't be parting with him in the first place.

Riordon

The low price is probably due to his contract length. He will only have an year left next summer and from reports he doesn't seem very happy at Manchester. A player price isn't just determined by his price. I think he extends in the end though.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

I hope we can add this Arthur guy and Mina in january. With Dembele also back we get a much needed quality boost.
I would still like to see coutinho and Griezmann join in the summer.

Trickykid

I hope we can add this Arthur guy and Mina in january. With Dembele also back we get a much needed quality boost.
I would still like to see coutinho and Griezmann join in the summer.

My problem with Arthur is that he's a complete wildcard. We need someone who can strengthen our midfield from day one more or less, and I can't see an unproven Brazilian talent do so.
Granted, if we can't get any serious quality in the winter market, which is very plausible unfortunately, a talent for the future could be the next best thing.

Trickykid

The low price is probably due to his contract length. He will only have an year left next summer and from reports he doesn't seem very happy at Manchester. A player price isn't just determined by his price. I think he extends in the end though.

Good point about the contract - I'm surprised he wasn't on a longer one.
Unless Mou starts to treat him as a more important member of the starting XI, perhaps he'll stall the extension long enough for Man Utd to consider cashing in om him.

Riordon

Good point about the contract - I'm surprised he wasn't on a longer one.
Unless Mou starts to treat him as a more important member of the starting XI, perhaps he'll stall the extension long enough for Man Utd to consider cashing in om him.

Yeah, that was what I was thinking. No reports about extensions. If the situation is like this next summer we should launch a 35-40m bid, regardless if we bring Griezmann or not. 40m for Martial is a steal these days.

The situation is the same for Frenkie De Jong. That would be two young quality players for a low cost due to the contracts. We should at least keep an eye on their situations.

Last edited:

Jombi

When we sign players, especially if they cost more than 10-20m, we shouldnt really sign them based on the notion that he might be good in 2-3 years, just because they are young. We should expect them to perform at a high level early on. Like Gabriel Jesus or Umtiti.

Home of Barca Fans