Barca Transfers and Rumors

Riordon

Think you underrate him. He has massive potential and just couldn't make it at Madrid.

Watch high highlights against Poland. How many midfielders do we currently have who are able to do what he did? The amount of dribble into the final third, through balls, key passes, directness, dribbles?

We lack a midfielder like that

Arizona Scott

I wanted Fabian aswell last year instead of Vidal for just 10m more. Shame we didn’t get none of Rodri, Ceballos or Fabian. All went pretty cheap. Imagine if we had Rodri + Ceballos/Fabian now. A Busi replacement + final third midfielder (Iniesta replacement) for cheap money. Now we are going to spend a hell lot on those two positions in the next 1-2 years.

Let’s just hope new quality Spanish players with low buy outs will emerge soon

Well Fabinho went for 50 mil while Vidal 20 mil. I agree Fabinho would have been great but then maybe no De Jong this year. Rodri would have been a great move as well--but maybe with De Jong and Arthur as the young core it wasn't a priority, or maybe Rodri didn't want to stay in La Liga.

It terms of Ceballos, you have to wonder with the age of Modric and Kroos if they decide to sell him that says a lot of about their assessment of him as a 1st rate back-up now and none to distant (year or 2) future starter.

jairzinho

Promising player Renan from CAP. Juve and Athleti are interested in him.
If we can't get Firpo we should look at him instead.

Porque

Sarabia to PSG for 20 million. Now there is an interesting midfield option for the final third midfielder at a good price.

Messi983

How is possible that Barca is losing De Ligt and this player is close to sign with Juve?

Can someone to explain?

Raiola-698539.jpg

1066218099.jpg

Riordon

City has become (with Liverpool) one of the smartest team in the market. On their way to Cancelo, Rodri and Fernandes. Buying players in the early to mid twenties 1-2 years before their peak for decent money is a great strategy in this market. Real does this too. City dont go for 100+m players. They are buying players who are currently too big for their teams and needs to move (not Cancelo ofc but you get the strategy). Chelsea did this too in the 2004-2005 period.

Arizona Scott

City has become (with Liverpool) one of the smartest team in the market. On their way to Cancelo, Rodri and Fernandes. Buying players in the early to mid twenties 1-2 years before their peak for decent money is a great strategy in this market. Real does this too. City dont go for 100+m players. They are buying players who are currently too big for their teams and needs to move (not Cancelo ofc but you get the strategy). Chelsea did this too in the 2004-2005 period.

Well Real just spent over 100 for 29 year old with inconsistent year by year focus and has 4 high wage stars they can't ditch. City is doing smart buys I think, though Maguire, Stones and Mahrez look poor value.

Liverpool and Spurs and Bayern and Atletico I think are all much more disciplined in the transfer market if we are looking for exemplars.

Zidane82

I’d suggest that Liverpool are far ahead of all the rest if you consider their most recent deals .. the keeper , VVD , Fabinho, Keita , the fabulous front three , the LB ... we should just hire their ‘scouts’

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans