Barca Transfers and Rumors

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What about Perin and Rulli, how did they progress, they both were big talents

Manchester City signed Rulli in the summer and loaned him out to Sociedad again. Or actually, City can activate a clause and sign him in 2018. He's still a Sociedad player, but City have more or less secured him for the future.

This is probably confusing but;

Rulli was loaned out to Real Sociedad since 2014 from Deportivo Malonado. Manchester City signed him, but then sold him to Real Sociedad, however secured a buyback clause active for or until 2018.

Last edited:

SeloBarca

Wonder if the reason why were not buying quality is becouse of a strained budget.
Although we spent 100m on crap, except Umtiti.

raki

We have a good example in Spain but we dont care.

Monchi always gets good players, good price in the French league.

And the 2 good players we bought were from the same league.

Lomar1o

Sell:
D.Suarez
Arda
Rafinha
Paco
Vidal
Mathieu
Gomes

Buy/Promote:
Coutinho
Veratti
Bellerin
Alena
Marlen
Samper

7 players out, 6 players in. BUT:

1. We don't have the finances
2. We won't sell those players and even if we do it will be for peanuts
3. Screw it

gasgas

Let me go ballistic too

Also note how my stance on Bellerin has changed :lol:

Here i go

OUT: Gomes, Denis, Neymar, Arda, Mats, Suarez
IN: Verratti, Douglas Costa, Donnarumma, Bellarina, Dembele

Also care to note the reason i return Messi at false 9 is because the only reason it failed the last two season was because we didn't even play a true winger and used Fabregas and Iniesta in a 4 man midfield
I also tend to think that Messi at RW will never happen again. Messi initiated it, and now he has decided to stop it
Play

......................................Donnarumma
..Bellerin...........Pique...................................Umtiti...........Alba
...................................Busquets..Verratti..............................
..........Dembele.............Messi.............Iniesta.......Douglas Costa

:w000t:

SeloBarca

Sell:
D.Suarez
Arda
Rafinha
Paco
Vidal
Mathieu
Gomes

Buy/Promote:
Coutinho
Veratti
Bellerin
Alena
Marlen
Samper

7 players out, 6 players in. BUT:

1. We don't have the finances
2. We won't sell those players and even if we do it will be for peanuts
3. Screw it

I would sell all those players aswell, but were stuck with them now, and bartomeu and lucho are pobably to stubborn to admit their misstakes.
getting those players are also a dream. We all want Verratti, but PSG and Barcelona dont have good relations, and PSG dont need money.
Coutinho is more suited to take over Iniestas role if anything.
Get Weigl, he is a DM that also plays CM. He has great potential and great passing skills, we could convert him to play more in Xavis position.
Weigl, Countinho could be good.
Havent seen to much of Bellerin but the main prob with Roberto is his defending, and i dont know if Bellerin is better at it.
Ricardo Pereira in Nice might be another option. Very fast, techical, goo defence and is one of the reasons why Nice are in the lead. Argually better than Bellerin, and alot cheaper.
Samper should have been Busquetes backup for a couple of years now, but Lucho refuses to give him chances.

Last edited:

gregorrin10

My views on how to start fixing this crap of a team we have right now:

1. Get rid of (fire) Lucho, the sooner the better.

2. Bring in Bielsa, that guy is now without a job for far too long, El Loco would shakes things up, exactly what this team needs. And give the man (any manager we bring, doesn't have to be Bielsa, Valverde could be a great choice too) total control over the squad selection and buying players he actually wants, not players who our sporting director takes off of his old friends in Valencia to help them stay afloat financially.

3. Sell:

Rakitič
Gomes
Arda
Mathieu
Vidal
Paco

Buy/bring back/promote:

Sidibe/Pereira
Thiago/Verratti (after Iniesta reitres, i wouldn't mind both, if possible).
Samper
Marlon
Alena

Screw Bellerin, the kid is making fun of us and ridicules us every chance he gets, let him rot in trophyless Arsenal, what do i care. He'll come calling in aboout 5 years after winning maybe one lucky FA Cup from now until then. Instead we turn our focus on the incredibly and more and more quality-packed Ligue 1. We didn't go wrong with Abi, we didn't go wrong with Umtiti, even Digne's been a solid addition so far. Defenders from Ligue 1 are the bomb! Sidibe or Pereira (who can even play on both flanks) would be just what the doctor ordered for our aching RB position. Stop giving money and saving poor (financial and quality-wise) Valencia. They've become our new Arsenal, but they're worse because the players we got from Arsenal were actually good enough for a minute there to play and even semi-succeed here, while this is just crap right now.

As for selling, not just sell but sell wise, to the right club. Rakitič to Juve, United or City for 50M, Arda to China for 40M, and Gomes to just about anywhere for let's say at least 30M, just so we can minimize our loss on him from tens of millions to just a few millions. That's 120M altogether, and don't tell me we can't get at least on of Thiago or Verratti for that money, at least right now until Iniesta is still playing. After that i'd like both of them to restore our midfield to the greatness it once was, but okay. One of them will do just fine for now. While i would leave Rafinha and Denis to be our bench, they<'re home-grown, they now our style, and they can cover multiple position which cannot be said for neither Rakitič (CM) nor Gomes (CM) nor Arda (LW). Gomes can maybe play DM too, but we have a much better and home-grown option in bringing Samper back there. And promote Alena. So 4 home-grown youngsters waiting on the bench for their chance to shine. And that change would surely come sooner than later with aging Iniesta and with resting Busquets and Thiago/Verratti. Plus giving Roberto his well-deserved midfield spot as often as possible, the kid is a gem! While Denis (LW) and Rafinha (RW) get enough chances that way as well. Marlon to play our 4th CB no problem, and at least be there, not be constantly injured like 'the ginger smoker'.

Oh yeah, almost forgot about Paco. For him goes the same as it does for Gomes, just get rid of him...preferably do another reverse swap and just trust Munir for god's sake, the kid more than capable of playing fourth fiddle and score those 20 or so goals/per season, which Paco apparently isn't. Not to mention Munir can replace/play not just CF, but also RW, if Messi gets moved to CM in the later years, but for now maybe in games when we need to score, we play with all four attackers with Messi and Iniesta providing from behind. And last, but not least, donate Mathieu somewhere, maybe include him in the Sidibe/Pereira dela and send that ginger smoker back to his homeland. While sell Vidal for that 5-10M to some middle table Spanish side or better yet, maybe to Serie A, Milan and Inter seem to be interested.

As for the coach, as i said, Bielsa would maybe be my choice right now, simply because he's free and he can put a fire under the player's asses. If not him, then Valverde, Tuchel or Klopp, maybe Sampaoli too. But i don't see Tuchel or Klopp leaving their respective clubs anytime soon. While i'm not too enthusiastic about Koeman...he feels just like another easy, but not (at least not yet) Barca-quality choice, i feel like he needs to prove himself a bit more to be ready for us, although i do think he's actually been better at it than Lucho who wasn't even that successful before us, at least Koeman got Southampton to play beautifully, plus he'd be inclined to give our youth a chance, just like Klopp and Tuchel would. But the main thing is give to whoever comes, a free role in squad selection and buying players he actually wants...enough with our sporting director being emotional about it and helping his beloved 'old flame' get out of their financial mess by paying them 30 or so millions every summer for their mediocre players. But with this shitty Board i can't see something like this happening anytime soon, unfortunately.

So that's my two cents for now...i this won't change even if Lucho pulls a miracle and we win the fucking treble this year at the end.

Last edited:

Jombi

We probably have very little money left for signings next season after the big investments we've made over the past couple of years without any improvement, and we can not expect any real money from sales either if we look at our sale history. Its almost always loaning the flops out until their contract expires.

Cool

My views on how to start fixing this crap of a team we have right now:

1. Get rid of (fire) Lucho, the sooner the better.

2. Bring in Bielsa, that guy is now without a job for far too long, El Loco would shakes things up, exactly what this team needs. And give the man (any manager we bring, doesn't have to be Bielsa, Valverde could be a great choice too) total control over the squad selection and buying players he actually wants, not players who our sporting director takes off of his old friends in Valencia to help them stay afloat financially.

3. Sell:

Rakitič
Gomes
Arda
Mathieu
Vidal
Paco

Buy/bring back/promote:

Sidibe/Pereira
Thiago/Verratti (after Iniesta reitres, i wouldn't mind both, if possible).
Samper
Marlon
Alena

Screw Bellerin, the kid is making fun of us and ridicules us every chance he gets, let him rot in trophyless Arsenal, what do i care. He'll come calling in aboout 5 years after winning maybe one lucky FA Cup from now until then. Instead we turn our focus on the incredibly and more and more quality-packed Ligue 1. We didn't go wrong with Abi, we didn't go wrong with Umtiti, even Digne's been a solid addition so far. Defenders from Ligue 1 are the bomb! Sidibe or Pereira (who can even play on both flanks) would be just what the doctor ordered for our aching RB position. Stop giving money and saving poor (financial and quality-wise) Valencia. They've become our new Arsenal, but they're worse because the players we got from Arsenal were actually good enough for a minute there to play and even semi-succeed here, while this is just crap right now.

As for selling, not just sell but sell wise, to the right club. Rakitič to Juve, United or City for 50M, Arda to China for 40M, and Gomes to just about anywhere for let's say at least 30M, just so we can minimize our loss on him from tens of millions to just a few millions. That's 120M altogether, and don't tell me we can't get at least on of Thiago or Verratti for that money, at least right now until Iniesta is still playing. After that i'd like both of them to restore our midfield to the greatness it once was, but okay. One of them will do just fine for now. While i would leave Rafinha and Denis to be our bench, they<'re home-grown, they now our style, and they can cover multiple position which cannot be said for neither Rakitič (CM) nor Gomes (CM) nor Arda (LW). Gomes can maybe play DM too, but we have a much better and home-grown option in bringing Samper back there. And promote Alena. So 4 home-grown youngsters waiting on the bench for their chance to shine. And that change would surely come sooner than later with aging Iniesta and with resting Busquets and Thiago/Verratti. Plus giving Roberto his well-deserved midfield spot as often as possible, the kid is a gem! While Denis (LW) and Rafinha (RW) get enough chances that way as well. Marlon to play our 4th CB no problem, and at least be there, not be constantly injured like 'the ginger smoker'.

Oh yeah, almost forgot about Paco. For him goes the same as it does for Gomes, just get rid of him...preferably do another reverse swap and just trust Munir for god's sake, the kid more than capable of playing fourth fiddle and score those 20 or so goals/per season, which Paco apparently isn't. Not to mention Munir can replace/play not just CF, but laso RW, if Messi gets moved to CM in the later years, but for now maybe in games when we need to score, we play with all four attackers with Messi and Iniesta providing from behind. And last, but not least, donate Mathieu somewhere, maybe include him in the Sidibe/Pereira dela and send that ginger smoker back to his homeland. While sell Vidal for that 5-10M to some middle table Spanish side or better yet, maybe to Serie A, MIlan and Inter seem to be interested.

As for the coach, as i said, Bielsa would maybe be my choice right now, simply because he's free and he can put a fire under the player's asses. If not him, then Valverde, Tuchel or Klopp, maybe Sampaoli too. But i don't see Tuchel or Klopp leaving their respective clubs anytime soon. While i'm not too enthusiastic about Koeman...he feels just like another easy, but not (at least not yet) Barca-quality choice, i feel like he needs to prove himself a bit more to be ready for us, although i do think he's actually been better at it than Lucho who wasn't even that successful before us, at least Koeman got Southampton to play beautifully, plus he'd be inclined to give our youth a chance, just like Klopp and Tuchel would. But the main thing is give to whoever comes, a free role in squad selection and buying players he actually wants...enough with our sporting director being emotional about it and helping his beloved 'old flame' get out of their financial mess by paying them 30 or so millions every summer for their mediocre players. But with this stinky Board i can't see something like this happening anytime soon, unfortunately.

So that's my two cents for now...i this won't change even if Lucho pulls a miracle and we win the fucking treble this year at the end.

I really think a coach like Bielsa is needed at the moment to lit the squad on fire, plus, like I said on the other thread, he's the only realstic target avaliable.

On top of that, he is tactically flexible and has years of experience.

Home of Barca Fans