Barca Transfers and Rumors

opjeoff

still think we need Paco. There is no way i'd trust Munir to play against Real Madrid if Suarez was injured, and Arda cant play CF, although hes bossing the LW position. we probably staying with Munir, but i feel like we'll regret not sending Munir out of loan. Especially with Arda playing LW now, his chances at gametime have been cut down. we need to loan him out and buy paco... just my opinoin though.

gasgas

still think we need Paco. There is no way i'd trust Munir to play against Real Madrid if Suarez was injured, and Arda cant play CF, although hes bossing the LW position. we probably staying with Munir, but i feel like we'll regret not sending Munir out of loan. Especially with Arda playing LW now, his chances at gametime have been cut down. we need to loan him out and buy paco... just my opinoin though.

If Suarez gets injured vs El classico (what are the odds btw that we need to spend millions on an average forward)

I'd replace him with Arda

Apparently positions on the field are not fixed
We can alter formations to suit our best players available
Not alter players to fit a formation

We don't need Purco at all

Nucky

We definitely need Paco if we can get him! He would be an improvent above Munir and that is a fact.

Watching Munir in the last few matches, I don't think Alcacer is that better than him.. Munir and Arda can be good back up for MSN..

Raketa10

If you for example compare Munir to Morata who is 4th choice of Real we definitely need someone better than Munir. He is currently not good enough. He needs to develop and go on loan and we need to bring someone who can actually replace MSN when needed. Munir is too big downgrade in comparison to first three atackers. We have some players who can play on the wing but nobody except Munir can replace Suarez and that is definitely not good enough. Robert promised to bring 4th attacker during press conference 2 weeks ago and now he needs to keep his promise.

Last edited:

Guaporta

Don't agree with you. It's vital for Barcelona to have someone that understands the team and the needs of the important players in that team. Today I saw a Morata that clearly doesn't understand what Madrid needs; he was always running into midfield and occupying the space the creative players need to excel. In that point of view, I'd rather have a Munir (who understands what the team needs and how he can add to that) than someone who needs to learn how to play with the Messi's, Neymar's and Iniesta's of this world. So no, I wouldn't rather have someone like Morata.

Of course Paco Alcácer would be an amazing striker, but I'd rather have Munir right now.

Raketa10

I agree with you that team understanding is important but I honestly don't think that Munir can be "super sub" and strong team needs to have player like that. In case Suarez gets injured we will be in huge trouble. Not to mention that Lucho is asking for 4th forward from beginnig of January!

Last edited:

Guaporta

I agree with you that team understanding is important but I honestly don't think that Munir can be "super sub" and strong team needs to have player like that. In case Suarez gets injured we will be in huge trouble.

In case Suárez gets injured, we could play with Neymar-Messi-Arda or Neymar-Munir-Messi. But I (kind of) agree with you that we need a different kind of striker and that's why I would have loved Mario Gómez here. Now, there aren't that much options to consider for that role and I don't think there's someone out there that's better than Munir (and will accept a role as 'bench warmer'). To spend €30M on Alcácer isn't wise, especially when we have a similar player like Munir already in the team. I love Paco Alcácer, but I don't think we need him right now. Carlos Bacca would have been great, Mario Gómez would have been awesome. Paco? Not the type we need.

xXKonan

img_eoribes_20160822-010503_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_no_archivables_22portada.jpg

Tidbit on MD says again "Final Assault for Alcacer"

Same crap they have been writing for the past two weeks. :lol:

Messi983

I think they are right and we'll try to make final effort to get Paco this week. Bartomeu and/or Robert have probably talked a lot with Peter Lim so they must have a feeling that he's willing to sell Paco no matter what other people inside Valencia are saying. It's Lim's decision.

Egert

Estonian Culé
SKY and SPORT saying Cillessen will be official today. 5-year deal.

Munir (20) will decide his future this week. Valencia, Celta, Real Sociedad and Tottenham are interested in him. Buyout fee is €15M. [SPORT]

Last edited:

Barcilliant

SKY and SPORT saying Cillessen will be official today. 5-year deal.

Munir (20) will decide his future this week. Valencia, Celta, Real Sociedad and Tottenham are interested in him. Buyout fee is €15M. [SPORT]

Hope he goes to a la liga club. None of our youngsters have done well in the EPL.

Barcilliant

I think they are right and we'll try to make final effort to get Paco this week. Bartomeu and/or Robert have probably talked a lot with Peter Lim so they must have a feeling that he's willing to sell Paco no matter what other people inside Valencia are saying. It's Lim's decision.

30 million for Alcacer is insane. He's worth half that

Home of Barca Fans