Barca Transfers and Rumors

Messi983

So apparently we are going cheap and might not sign Firpo after all, instead Flilip Luis. So what is going to happen when both Alba and Luis are too play to play in a few years? Then we will buy a replacement?

Spending 120m on Griezmann and yet don't want to spend 30m on a proper, long-term LB. This club is so long on present time and short on future.

Tough times ahead for Barca fans to endure. But we will.

Serra Ferrer leaving Betis could be a big part of why we think it will be harder to get Firpo now than a week or two ago. Betis are in a bit of mess institutional wise, fans don't like their board and won't take it easy if they'll sell Firpo for less than 40M or so.

It won't be the end of the world if we get Filipe Luis on a 1-2 year contract. With Valverde here it's also very likely he would trust a veteran player like Filipe more (so give more rest to Alba) than he would a younger player.

It's very likely Firpo will stay at Betis for another season (RM won't buy him now and there were not a lot of rumours linking him to other clubs) so we can still get him in a year or two and other younger players could emerge in that time. We'll also see how Miranda and Cucu (I assume he'll be sold with a buy back option) will develop.

As much as I like Firpo he's not a can't miss prospect and had muscly injuries over the last two seasons and those shouldn't be taken lightly. Sure, if we could get him for 20-30M and maybe include a player like Miranda (loan or permanent transfer with buy back option) in the deal he could still be worth a risk but for 40M+ I prefer to wait for another season and see how he'll do next year. If he can finally stay healthy and improve furtherly and if Alba will show signs of decline we can still go for him next year. In the meantime Filipe will do his job.

Another thing is Firpo has been used mostly as a wingback in 3-5-2. With Rubi probably using 4-3-3 next season he'll need to improve defensively and his adaptation to Barça would be easier with more experience in 4-3-3 as well.

Arizona Scott

Young players with regular minutes, are you high? That shiet wont happen under this greatest coach.

Why are these myths perpetuated. Lenglet, Arthur, Dembele and Semedo all are young and got lots of minutes last year. Three bonefied starters when healthy--getting the majority of minutes even with veterans available at their positions, and another who started just over 50% of the available RB minutes in La Liga and Champions League.

Messigician

Ideally I want us to sign Neymar and go for a more offensive system. We would play Messi at False 9 flanked by Neymar and Dembele I would lineup like this in 2020 but for now I'd keep Neymar Suarez Messi for one more season as Dembele adapts and becomes more consistent with less injuries.

Neymar Messi Dembele
Coutinho De Jong Arthur
Alba Umtiti Pique Roberto
Tee Stegen.

Zidane82

Ideally I want us to sign Neymar and go for a more offensive system. We would play Messi at False 9 flanked by Neymar and Dembele I would lineup like this in 2020 but for now I'd keep Neymar Suarez Messi for one more season as Dembele adapts and becomes more consistent with less injuries.

Neymar Messi Dembele
Coutinho De Jong Arthur
Alba Umtiti Pique Roberto
Tee Stegen.
De Ligt and Samedo in for sicknote and numbnuts and we’re talking ..

Sidewinder

Why are these myths perpetuated. Lenglet, Arthur, Dembele and Semedo all are young and got lots of minutes last year. Three bonefied starters when healthy--getting the majority of minutes even with veterans available at their positions, and another who started just over 50% of the available RB minutes in La Liga and Champions League.

Myth?

t7iq9v.jpg

Look at the top 7

serghei

Lol except Stegen the ones who play by far the most are all over 30.

Some rebuilding... :lol: Only manager in the world who rebuilds a team with the same players only several years older.

Arizona Scott

Myth?

t7iq9v.jpg

Look at the top 7

convenient to leave out leave out #8. our 2nd highest minute cb is a young player in his 1st year. how many minutes did OD and Arthur play per match when they were available, let alone fully fit?

yes a myth. when 3/4 were fully fit they were regular starters, and semedo got right at 50% of the rb minutes despite his performance metrics not as good. "young players" who performed better than alternatives played when fit, period.

George_Costanza

-------------------------Mats-----
Semedo/???----Pique/De Ligt---Lenglet----Alba/(Candido)

-------------Ndombele (Busquets)

----De Jong (Puig)------------------Arthur (Alena)

Demeble-------Messi----------???

This team can be mature and competitive post Messi

mia7007

-------------------------Mats-----
Semedo/???----Pique/De Ligt---Lenglet----Alba/(Candido)

-------------Ndombele (Busquets)

----De Jong (Puig)------------------Arthur (Alena)

Demeble-------Messi----------???

This team can be mature and competitive post Messi
I would see FDJ as CDM with Busi on the bench. We need one creative midfielder out of the 3, these 3 have low creativity, I would play FDJ Arthur and get a creative one or play Coutinho if he did not leave or even give the trust to Puig rather than play with these 3

Messi983

Neto+10-15M for Jasper would be ok.

Or if they also want Denis and Rafinha I would take Denis+Rafinha+Cillessen for Neto+30-40M.

Before doing any deal with them I would still prefer to see what we can get for JC from EPL teams.

Home of Barca Fans