Barca Transfers and Rumors

Donatello

(Reposted, but I had to post it again for some, because most didn't even saw it)

A basic overview of our transfers vs Real Madrid, done after Pep left :

FC BARCELONA

From 2012-13 to 2017-18:

Money Spent : 729.94 million pounds.
Money Received : 385.2 million pounds

Net spending : 344.74 million pounds.

REAL MADRID C.F

From 2012-13 to 2017-18:

Money Spent : 475.65 million pounds.
Money Received : 399.62 million pounds

Net spending : 76.03 million pounds.

These stats are only possible when you sign right players, which I guess needs good scouting & good negotiation skills.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

(Reposted, but I had to post it again for some, because most didn't even saw it)

A basic overview of our transfers vs Real Madrid, done after Pep left :

FC BARCELONA

From 2012-13 to 2017-18:

Money Spent : 729.94 million pounds.
Money Received : 385.2 million pounds

Net spending : 344.74 million pounds.

REAL MADRID C.F

From 2012-13 to 2017-18:

Money Spent : 475.65 million pounds.
Money Received : 399.62 million pounds

Net spending : 76.03 million pounds.

Despite having lesser net spend, they have a world class & a young squad. While we still rely on our aging old stars. The board has been doing an excellent job I must say...

Real will spend big. And I mean really big in the next 2-3 summer windows. Just watch. Their whole front line will need replacing. And that's just for starters.

Donatello

You are right. But we aren't in a much better situation either. Messi, Pique, Busquets, Rakitic, Alba, Suarez are nearly 30 or more & will soon need replacements. While we still haven't found replacements for Xavi, Iniesta & Alves aswell.

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

You are right. But we aren't in a much better situation either. Messi, Pique, Busquets, Rakitic, Alba, Suarez are nearly 30 or more & will soon need replacements. While we still haven't found replacements for Xavi, Iniesta & Alves aswell.

It all depend on perspective, and things can change pretty fast (for example Suarez being goat-like striker to old+slow and only running offside). Real for sure has made some really smart and great transfers of young talented players in recent windows. But importantly it didn't pay of in the league, so they began to backtrack (Kepa for example) and Ceballos and Theo has been straight flops until now. The young 'feel' of Real is mostly down to young backups and then Isco + Asensio, while we played Rakitic + Iniesta (and that changes from next season already).

Barca has bought younger players as well, some have flopped like Gomes, Denis and maybe Paco. If they broke through our squad would look younger. If we buy Thiago and Griezmann our future team only needs tweaking in the next 3-4 years before we must buy big again. If Arthur is a lucky punch, we might even not need Thiago, and he is only 21. With Alena coming up + Oriol and Arnaiz we might look even younger, as they are all great possible squad-players.

Real buying two Brazilian teens looks more desperate than smart to me. Go for young Ajax-players and loan them out for a season seems more reasonable than splashing 90M for youngster on another continent who has played a great ½ season..

Givenchy

problem is there really is no replacement for Xaviesta. i have faith in Semedo but Alves is also another one of a kind player. Marcelo and Ronaldo will be a huge problem for Madrid when they need replacing.

GOAT_SUAREZ

Madrid will have issues soon regardless if they spend 200 billion for Moneymar and company. You simply cannot replace Ronaldo, Modric and Ramos.

Sorin

The real difference is Madrid will also probably sell big. Wouldn't be surprised to see them cashing some 160 million for crock Bale and bench warmer Kovacic. We on the other hand have spent money on players that will bring us only half of the value, if that. Worse is that they didn't even contribute much.

Don't know why it's so hard to admit that they've made better business decisions than us in the last few years. It's a fact.

GOAT_SUAREZ

The real difference is Madrid will also probably sell big. Wouldn't be surprised to see them cashing some 160 million for crock Bale and bench warmer Kovacic. We on the other hand have spent money on players that will bring us only half of the value, if that. Worse is that they didn't even contribute much.

Don't know why it's so hard to admit that they've made better business decisions than us in the last few years. It's a fact.

It is. The issue was Barca signing half decent players for huge money.

We have to concentrate on
- La Masia
- world class players
- world class talents

Sorin

It is. The issue was Barca signing half decent players for huge money.

We have to concentrate on
- La Masia
- world class players
- world class talents

Pretty much. Another thing is that they are ruthless with players who have passed their prime but still have a few years in the tank. They sell while they still hold solid value. Even their legends who have spent over 10 years at their club are not safe. Now, I rather we send our legends on a high, just like we did with Iniesta but there are players like Suarez and Rakitic who, while still pretty good, will clearly be on their way down in the next few years. They could still be sold for good money right now and younger and better players bought.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

Ok, Drama Queen isn't coming so:

1. Sack Segura for telling people that Griezmann is coming 100%
2. Sell deadweights
3. Buy Lenglet
4. Buy Eriksen
5. Buy Martial
---------------------------------------------
Sucessful summer

Sorin

Ok, Drama Queen isn't coming so:

1. Sack Segura for telling people that Griezmann is coming 100%
2. Sell deadweights
3. Buy Lenglet
4. Buy Eriksen
5. Buy Martial
---------------------------------------------
Sucessful summer

I'd rather we pass on Lenglet and Martial and buy Pavard/DeLigt, De Jong and Thiago/Eriksen. Eriksen might prove to be too expensive though so Thiago will do more than fine.

El Guaje

Meh, sucks that Griezmann decided to stay... but if that means we end up going after and getting Eriksen id be very satisfied. Use the 100m intended for Griezmann and add either Rafinha or Gomes + some money and it should be enough.

Get Eriksen, Werner, Lenglet and get rid of Paco, Gomes, Rafinha, Vermaelen (he is very good when available, but you never know if you can count on him due to injuries) and call it a summer.

Home of Barca Fans