Barca Transfers and Rumors

malvolio

paco and munir don't add much firepower and suarez's form seems to be going downhill. there could be more goals from the wings with coutinho, dembele and malcom, but it's not sure if that will be enough.

i think a new midfielder would be needed only if we sell rakitic. he is the one to go in my opinion because he already peaked with us and can fetch a good fee. that said, only a worldclass midfielder can replace him.

jairzinho

CF and LB. Those two areas need to be addressed before the season starts. If Alba happens to do down, can we depend on 18 yr old Mirando to fill in ? I doubt it. Kid has potential but it's too early for him. Up front, Munir isn't good enough. He's kind of 50/50, you really don't know what you will get from him and that's not good enough. I trust Paco more, but i'm open to selling both and getting a quality striker in, before we look at replacing Saurez 'permanently' next summer. If not replacing then transitioning him into more of a supporting role.

Joan

We don't need a LB. Sometimes you need to suffer a bit. Not that we can't cover for that position, besides, I believe Miranda will do the job just fine. Bring someone now, you're blocking the way.

CF, wouldn't mind a tall plan B striker myself.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yes but he's 100% fit now and plays the 'Barca' way

Can you give one convincing argument for signing a 33 year old Santi Cazorla who previously played for Arsenal, has not played for two years and whose future career is still a question mark?

Ascom

I don't agree with signing a LB, Valverde will have to make the most of Miranda.

About a CF i agree but only if we sell Munir and Paco. For both we should get at least 35 million. If so, we should seek a striker that is not just tall, but also fast. Idk if we should sign a proven player like Madzukic or a promising player like Maxi Gomez.

soul24rage

What ?? We were very keen on him before he went to Arsenal where he was their best player before the injuries kicked in. He'd do us great for a season or two ..

it's too much of a risk, even for a free transfer. It's very tragic that he's been out for almost more than 1.5 years and who knows what condition he'll be in. We are already loaded in the positions he play in and plus he'll be 34 at the end of the year. I'd rather give his minutes to young players who have a future than to Cazorla, who I like as a player and a person.

Zidane82

I've read crazy rumours that our 'beloved' Thiago is set to sign for Real Madrid and that there's a chance they're losing Modric..

gr98

Rabiot rejects the renewal offer of PSG, Pogba warns that "there are things that I can not say or they'll fine me", Rakitic has important offers and Barça does not care that other clubs contact Dembélé ... it is going to be a very long month of August.

[tw]1028656887489810432[/tw]

Home of Barca Fans