Barca Transfers and Rumors

FCBfan22

You really didn get the point :) Especially for question nr. 1. It doesnt matter if i mentioned City, Real, or if i would say Bayern/Liverpool or Atletico for example. Point is Arhur or maybe De Jong are nowhere ready to play agains so strong opponents. Do you even realize how big change of level that is for them? From playing against Sao Paulo, Corintihians, Vitesse, Williem II... to European powerhouses with at least 30% stronger, faster, physicaly more prepared, technically better MF like Saul, De Bruyne, Verrati, Fernandinho...

They are not. That's why we will probably play Coutinho-Busi-Raki (if we play 4-3-3).
You didn't read the answer.

If we want to play Coutinho in attack we should move Raki to LCM and get Eriksen. We need one more attacking CM. Pogba isn't that.

FCBfan22

Great point. Would easily select that group with Pogba. He adds a completely different dimension to Barca and seeing him link up with Dembele the way he did Mbappe would unlock Dembele's potential. His passing was sublime throughout the World Cup. There is no better midfielder out there for Barca.

Edit: Not to dismiss his defensive effort either. He was aerially dominant in that France-Belgium match too.

If we get Pogba, Dembele will only develop ArseCushion 2000, because he'll be benched.

Raketa10

As things stand right now I suppose our next signing could be either Thiago or Rabiot since Ajax is refusing to negotiate for De Jong.

They are not. That's why we will probably play Coutinho-Busi-Raki (if we play 4-3-3).
You didn't read the answer.

If we want to play Coutinho in attack we should move Raki to LCM and get Eriksen. We need one more attacking CM. Pogba isn't that.

You would play 4-3-3, with Coutinho-Busquets-Ivan in MF and Dembele-Suarez-Messi in attack?

Good luck with that, who do you think would protect our deffenders? 2 OR 3 counters from team like Lpool and we are out of CL 1/4

FCBfan22

You would play 4-3-3, with Coutinho-Busquets-Ivan in MF and Dembele-Suarez-Messi in attack?

Good luck with that, who do you think would protect our deffenders? 2 OR 3 counters from team like Lpool and we are out of CL 1/4.

You are putting Messi on the RW again... Messi RW is a suicide...

It's
Suarez-----Messi-----Dembele
Coutinho-----Busi------Rakitić

You would probably play

Cou-Suarez-Messi
Pogba-Busi-Raki

Which is an equal, if not worse, suicide down our right side and eternal suffering for Bob and Semedo (who also have Enterprenour next to them).

Last edited:

BBZ8800

If that's true, we can sell Dembele ASAP. He won't play a lot.

Maybe we should stop mentioning Dembele in every post when we are talking about other players.
How things stand currently, Dembele will be a squad player with or without Pogba.

In that sense, for Barca: it is better to sign Pogba/or some good player who can improve a team.
For Dembele's future: it is irrelevant who we sign, more or less.

Raketa10

Why are you guys so sure we'll play 4-3-3 this season? I don't think 4-3-3 suits us at all with these players. I am almost sure we'll play 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1.
Rakitic is much better as a DM, Coutinho is also better as a LM/LW than CM, Messi is not a RW anymore and Dembele will play a lot for sure so I don't think 4-3-3 is going to happen this season.

Last edited:

eaman

We're signing Pogba. things have been quiet for a while. not to mention Raiola was seen at barca hq a few days ago. i can sense it

Hope not. Doesn't suit Barca at all. I prefer rakitic and I want verratti to replace him. Pogba didn't have a great world cup. He was in a defensive team who won the same way Portugal won the euros and look at their midfield. He is better than them but not a step up on rakitic

Maybe we should stop mentioning Dembele in every post when we are talking about other players.
How things stand currently, Dembele will be a squad player with or without Pogba.

In that sense, for Barca: it is better to sign Pogba/or some good player who can improve a team.
For Dembele's future: it is irrelevant who we sign, more or less.

exactly, right now dembele is a bench player that will be used by valverde to try and outpace defenders late in the game.

coutinho-messi-suarez will almost certainly be the attack. a new player will slide into the midfield to replace iniesta.

dembele is irrelevant right now. he will have the first few months to impress valverde and force himself into the xi or he'll get sold for 50m next summer to a club like arsenal, just like alexis for example.

henias

exactly, right now dembele is a bench player that will be used by valverde to try and outpace defenders late in the game.

coutinho-messi-suarez will almost certainly be the attack. a new player will slide into the midfield to replace iniesta.

dembele is irrelevant right now. he will have the first few months to impress valverde and force himself into the xi or he'll get sold for 50m next summer to a club like arsenal, just like alexis for example.

Good luck with MSC in attack. Coutinho and Suarez as LW/RW or Messi as RW with him leaving the right side for Rakitic to cover him. Good ol' times.

Devils

rumor round up

[tw]1019898485506596864[/tw]

[tw]1019886884573646849[/tw]

[tw]1019884443992051712[/tw]

[tw]1019834928731574272[/tw]

[tw]1019855057750315008[/tw]

BBZ8800

Good luck with MSC in attack. Coutinho and Suarez as LW/RW or Messi as RW with him leaving the right side for Rakitic to cover him. Good ol' times.

1. Messi playing as a RW and not defending
2. Messi playing in the middle and no one playing as a Rw
3. Dembele playing as a Rw and not being able to defend anything

Aren't these 3 options more or less the same?
Messi/Dembele/no one, either way our right side will suck UNLESS if we'll play 442 with Rakitic/Gomes/Paulinho**/ and similar as a RM, like in the last season.

You guys are acting as if Dembele can do anything in a defensive part of our game.

Home of Barca Fans