Barca Transfers and Rumors

khaled_a_d

Barca are working on a major signing behind the scenes that is different from the names being leaked to the press, with it all being led by Abidal.
The player want to come, but there's a difference of 50m between Barca and the club of the player which might be a big hindrance to it happening,
Whether he is reliable or not I really don't know. He's the Editor of the Barca section at Sport and rarely posts stories so perhaps this is one of those cases where he got a really good source on it? Can't tell.

So he is saying, there is a deal, he doesn't know the player, but the negotiation is unlikely to be materialized
So if we sign someone, he told us 1st, if we don't then he also told us. That sound reliable

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Thiago would have been signed long time ago, he is available for a reasonable price but it is clear the board doesn't want to sign him.

Both Chelsea and Man Utd are interested in Milinkovic-Savic who will cost them in the range of 150 mil.

It is possible we are interested in both Kante and Pogba but we prefer Kante.

Maybe Chelsea are the ones who are asking us to pay 150 mil for Kante to finance their purchase of M-Savic but we are only offering around 80 mil?

We might have to wait and see where Milinkovic-Savic lands, if it is United or Chelsea then I suspect we will know who, Kante or Pogba.

Icarium

Lifestealer
The way he worded it seemed like a nonsense news to me. Who cares if we will be unable to pay what was asked anyway. 150M for Pogba would be worth it. But don't think we have that much money and even if we do United might not want to sell him for that unless he does a Coutinho and Dembele and starts throwing hissy fits. I hope that doesn't become a trend.

MTL_Barca

So we may or may not sign a big name, but its difficult because of the price. BREAKING. Idk what to think about these kind of news, could be true but could also be completely made up because thats the kind of stuff that pretty much covers every outcome so he can't be proven wrong anyway but if we sign a big name he can say he was the first one reporting it...

Atm i'd rather hear some good news of players leaving us instead of new rumors for super expensive signings.

Only thing why I wouldnt bring Thiago is because style wise, he is too close to Arthur. Pogba would bring totally other dimension. And for fuck sake: some off you should stop with bullshiting with not wanting Pogba here. Who would say no to Pogba????
Some off you are overreacting. He is not even diva like lot of you mention. He looks really nice guy, all teamates like him. Its just the way he is, sincere, happy, likes to make jokes... Did you watch his motivatioval speech before ARG match I think? I was so surprised hearing this from his mouth. It seems he realy growth up, both ON and OFF the pitch.

FCBfan22

Only thing why I wouldnt bring Thiago is because style wise, he is too close to Arthur. Pogba would bring totally other dimension. And for fuck sake: some off you should stop with bullshiting with not wanting Pogba here. Who would say no to Pogba????
Some off you are overreacting. He is not even diva like lot of you mention. He looks really nice guy, all teamates like him. Its just the way he is, sincere, happy, likes to make jokes... Did you watch his motivatioval speech before ARG match I think? I was so surprised hearing this from his mouth. It seems he realy growth up, both ON and OFF the pitch.

I would say no to Pogba.

Again, do not splash 150 million on him for all that's holy.

Also, if you use WC as the reason why should we get him, take a look how France played and how we play. Almost polar opposites. France is a counter-attacking pragmatic team, while we are a possession based team, who can't counter attack. Even if Ernie brought some pragmatism, our bread and butter is still possesion football.

So, unless you want to sell Suarez and bring a fast goalscoring LW in, it's a no from me for Pogba. Plus, he hasn't really matured. While all the French players were running on the pitch with French flags, he was running around in a flag of, well, himself. That's not Barca mentality, which is one of the reasons why I love this club.

Also, what does Mourinho not liking him tell you? He has a big ego. Mourinho always wanted to be the EGO supreme at whichever club he is. The only one big ego that worked with him so far was Ibra, but that was probably because they didn't achieve anything big before they started working together and their egos were pumped from then onwards.

Another reason is Mino Ra(v)iola. Has he ever done anything except trying to fuck us over?

Last edited:
2 questions for you: 1. So you would rather play with Ivan-Busquets-De Jong/Arthur against let say MAN CITY or RM or would you prefer Ivan-Busquets-Pogba?
You think he is EGOISTIC? 2. How would you feel, being really skilfull player, with lot of attacking potenital and they put you in this antifootball deffensive football of Mourinho with lets say 40% ball possession?

Last edited:

Messi983

According to MD Lazio is offering 25M for Pedro. Don't know if Chelsea will sell for that fee but I'd rather give around 30M for Pedro than 60M for Willian.

FCBfan22

2 questions for you: 1. So you would rather play with Ivan-Busquets-De Jong/Arthur against let say MAN CITY or RM or would you prefer Ivan-Busquets-Pogba?
You thing he is realy EGOISTIC? 2. How would you feel, being really skilfull player, with lot of attacking potenital and they put you in this antifootball deffensive football of Mourinho with lets say 40% ball possession?

1. It doesn't matter, because we don't have players who can counter. Pogba's bread and butter are through balls. With Suarez's touch of a rapist, who would be on the end of them? We also have a player currently who is even better at serving through balls, if we desire to play like this. Against City, I would actually play Coutinho-Busquets-Rakitić/Arthur in midfield, if Dembele improves his defensive contributions. It's the way to expose City's LB's who are one of the weakest links in that side. Cou's long shots are another weapon that can break City down. Also, I would order Suarez to help defensively, otherwise I would sub him for Paco. The most efficient tactic to break City down(but we don't have players for it) would probably be to play a tall striker (like Manđukić) instead of Suarez. I would order Dembele to take on their LB 1 on 1 as much as possible (he would probably win most of the duels) and try to cross the ball either to the CF or penalty spot for Leo.

2. Pogba is suited for pragmatic teams. Not Mourinho teams (most players are not). Mourinho simply tells you that you are nobody and he is a divine being. How can you play for a man like this? Pogba wants to be a leader, but he isn't allowed to be one at United because of Jose and he wouldn't be allowed to be one at Barca. Also, when he plays in a possesion side, he tends to ballhog and kills the flow of the game.

Last edited:
You really didn get the point :) Especially for question nr. 1. It doesnt matter if i mentioned City, Real, or if i would say Bayern/Liverpool or Atletico for example. Point is Arhur or maybe De Jong are nowhere ready to play agains so strong opponents. Do you even realize how big change of level that is for them? From playing against Sao Paulo, Corintihians, Vitesse, Williem II... to European powerhouses with at least 30% stronger, faster, physicaly more prepared, technically better MF like Saul, De Bruyne, Verrati, Fernandinho...

Tekkers

You think he is EGOISTIC? 2. How would you feel, being really skilfull player, with lot of attacking potenital and they put you in this antifootball deffensive football of Mourinho with lets say 40% ball possession?

Great point. Would easily select that group with Pogba. He adds a completely different dimension to Barca and seeing him link up with Dembele the way he did Mbappe would unlock Dembele's potential. His passing was sublime throughout the World Cup. There is no better midfielder out there for Barca.

Edit: Not to dismiss his defensive effort either. He was aerially dominant in that France-Belgium match too.

Home of Barca Fans