Barca Transfers and Rumors

Nothanks

I like your list, but wouldn't want lemar or a fourth CB.
i say keep vermalean and just promote alena instead of buying lemar.
try to sell deadweight.. try to reduce wages and squad to let more B players

FCBfan22

I like your list, but wouldn't want lemar or a fourth CB.
i say keep vermalean and just promote alena instead of buying lemar.
try to sell deadweight.. try to reduce wages and squad to let more B players

We need a 4th CB. If Vermaelen gets a suitable offer for him, I'd say let him go and get someone like Tah, who is young and 20 million Euros.
Why would I get Lemar? Because having two young creators in the midfield (who can also play on the wings) is a good thing. If we had someone like Lemar right now, we could get past Iniesta and Phil's absence a lot easier. Alena IMHO is a mix of box to box and a creative midfielder and is more at home in the RCM spot. I see him more as a heir to Rakitić in the RCM spot.

Regearding Lemar, as I said, if I was Barto, I would try a cheeky bid of 30-40 million + Gomes + Denis for Lemar in the summer. Maybe Monaco goes for it...

Creators: Coutinho, Lemar, Iniesta
Box To Box: Rakitić, Alena
Destructor, Poacher: Paulinho

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
Anyone seen the 'story' in the news suggesting that Messi and Suarez
supposedly had a sit down meeting and came up with a list of 5 players they decided should be moved on this summer ( or sooner) !?!

From memory the story suggested it was Rafinha , Vidal , D Suarez , Alena and Digne ..

Edit

"Diario Gol say the two players met for dinner and named five players they think should not play.

Vidal, Denis Suarez and Alena were supposedly named, with Messi and Luis Suarez both thinking the trio were out of their depth.

Rafinha and Lucas Digne were also reportedly deemed high-risk as well.

Last edited:

behindbrowneyes

Always this funny stuff aka this player said that and that player said we should sign this player. I wonder how all of those top-secret conversations get leaked all the time. :lol: Maybe a mouse listened to it sitting under the desk?

FCBfan22

Arsenal and Liverpool have been dealt a huge transfer blow as Monaco's Thomas Lemar only has eyes for a move to Barcelona. (Source: Sunday Mirror)

Hehehe.

Barto get on it. Gomes + Denis + 30 million should do it. You can also throw in Deulofeu for free if you want. Our problems with LCM and LW will be solved forever with Coutinho and this guy.

Last edited:

Givenchy

Arsenal and Liverpool have been dealt a huge transfer blow as Monaco's Thomas Lemar only has eyes for a move to Barcelona. (Source: Sunday Mirror)

Hehehe.

Barto get on it. Gomes + Denis + 30 million should do it. You can also throw in Deulofeu for free if you want. Our problems with LCM and LW will be solved forever with Coutinho and this guy.

if Barto actually pulled that off we should make him a statue. i dont know much about Lemar but i always thought he was more of a winger? we need someone to replace Raki as Coutinho will be iniesta replacement

FCBfan22

if Barto actually pulled that off we should make him a statue. i dont know much about Lemar but i always thought he was more of a winger? we need someone to replace Raki as Coutinho will be iniesta replacement

Lemar is basicly very similar player to Phil. His main positions are LW and LCM, while he can also play RCM, RW and a 10. Very versatile player. Also, nothing wrong with buying another creative CM. Especially with Iniesta retiring soon and situations like now, when both Iniesta and Phil are injured. We need another Iniesta type of player more than Griezmann, because Denis and Gomes are simply not Barca material.

Heir to Rakitić should be Alena, ideally. Similar height.

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned

Hehehe.

Presumably in the summer or this window ??

BBZ8800

Lemar is basicly very similar player to Phil. His main positions are LW and LCM, while he can also play RCM, RW and a 10. Very versatile player. Also, nothing wrong with buying another creative CM. Especially with Iniesta retiring soon and situations like now, when both Iniesta and Phil are injured. We need another Iniesta type of player more than Griezmann, because Denis and Gomes are simply not Barca material.

Heir to Rakitić should be Alena, ideally. Similar height.

Then imagine when all players are fit.
Where will you play Messi, Luis, Dembele, Lemar, Iniesta, Rakitic, Busquets.

Not to mention Alena, Gomes, Denis, Rafinha?

Also, Lemar plays in the same area as Coutinho and Iniesta.
People are mentioning on other topics that we can't bench 150m Dembele.
But then, we also won't be able to bench 100-120m Lemar.

Unless if you are planning to play with Messi-Suarez-Dembele, Coutinho-Lemar-Busquets.

That sounds awesome on Fifa, but is contrary to everything which has Ev built with his balanced 442.

I would personally rather play with proven 442 even with players like Paulinho, Rakitic and Gomes than going to a kung fu crazy 433 with 5 attacking players.

Ev has shown how efficient we can be even with only 1-2 attacking players in our team.

Remember how many times Lucho's Msn struggled to score.
While Ev's 442 without attackers hasn't scored only against Juve and Cdr Espanyol (with subs).

khaled_a_d

Then imagine when all players are fit.
Where will you play Messi, Luis, Dembele, Lemar, Iniesta, Rakitic, Busquets.

Not to mention Alena, Gomes, Denis, Rafinha?

Also, Lemar plays in the same area as Coutinho and Iniesta.
People are mentioning on other topics that we can't bench 150m Dembele.
But then, we also won't be able to bench 100-120m Lemar.

Unless if you are planning to play with Messi-Suarez-Dembele, Coutinho-Lemar-Busquets.

That sounds awesome on Fifa, but is contrary to everything which has Ev built with his balanced 442.

I would personally rather play with proven 442 even with players like Paulinho, Rakitic and Gomes than going to a kung fu crazy 433 with 5 attacking players.

Ev has shown how efficient we can be even with only 1-2 attacking players in our team.

Remember how many times Lucho's Msn struggled to score.
While Ev's 442 without attackers hasn't scored only against Juve and Cdr Espanyol (with subs).

tbf it sound more balanced than getting Griezmann, although the later might be cheaper due to his buyout
Overall I would prefer if we sort our bench first atm. Many players either not wanted, or want to leave atm. Rafinha has one leg out, Vermaelen is too injury prone to be counted on, Gomes seem to want out and doubt any of Vidal,Gerard or Denis will stay another year.
If we can get a new midfielder, a new CB I would prefer it over flashy signing like Griezmann & Lemar

BarcaJack

Theoretically speaking Arda Turan (the guy in ATM) should be at least a good sub in 442. What a bad, mistimed transfer. (Of course the major issue with Turan is his personal fault. However, definitely mistimed.)

Zincubus

Banned
Theoretically speaking Arda Turan (the guy in ATM) should be at least a good sub in 442. What a bad, mistimed transfer. (Of course the major issue with Turan is his personal fault. However, definitely mistimed.)

I always liked Turan and even when he joined us he had a really good spell , filing in well when Neymar had his back injury ..

Birdy

No chance we are going for Lemar after Coutinho deal was sealed!

The only player needed in the LW/LM, RW/RM position will be a proven sub basically for cases like Dembele's injury. Ideal for me will be Willian who will cost minimal, is turning 30 and can balance with his experience the inexperienced Dembele. But he will know that he is coming as a squad player totally different to a big signing of an upcoming 22yr old like Lemar.

Giezman is a done deal apparently. I think Suarez need to gradually move to the bench, and maybe one of the best options available at the moment is Griezman, since we can get him for only 100m

There are other areas where we are pretty sore though, like a proper controlling CM/DM

Home of Barca Fans