Barca Transfers and Rumors

BADGERBHOY

Do you watch any Chelsea premier league games? Willian is not mediocre. He is a very good player and is certainly an improvement on dembele at the moment. Hopefully dembele will prove me wrong this season but at the moment willian is much better. I can't think of another player like willian you could get for 70 million which is the new 30 million

I've watched enough to know that he will be a massive waste of money.

There's no way he's better than Dembele. Maybe defensively but he's better at nothing else.

Personally I'd rather spend 40m on someone such as Malcom, we've got far too many oldies as it is.

xXKonan

[tw]1021018968050552832[/tw]

We are interested in Sommer who was Ter Stegen's replacement at Gladbach, to be back up to Ter Stegen at Barcelona.

eaman

I've watched enough to know that he will be a massive waste of money.

There's no way he's better than Dembele. Maybe defensively but he's better at nothing else.

Personally I'd rather spend 40m on someone such as Malcom, we've got far too many oldies as it is.

Dembele is not better at the moment. Definetly the potential to be. Yes willian is better defensively but he's also a better passer and links up with better with others. He just understands the game more than dembele does now. He has proven himself on the big stage on many occasions and getting a few years of that is worth 70 million

Barcilliant

Dembele is not better at the moment. Definetly the potential to be. Yes willian is better defensively but he's also a better passer and links up with better with others. He just understands the game more than dembele does now. He has proven himself on the big stage on many occasions and getting a few years of that is worth 70 million

Sorry. It is not worth 70 million. If we win 2 cls on the trot and he contributes you can make a case for him being worth it otherwise forget it. 40 million tops.

Barcilliant

Dembele needs minutes. He needs game time. If we pay 40 million and rotate him with Dembele then fine. However automatic starter over Dembele? Forget it.

Raketa10

Since Kante, Pogba, Verratti etc. are all unavailable I am aware that probably one of Thiago, Rabiot and De Jong will sign for us but to be honest I am not sure which one would I choose.

Thiago - my favorite but he is injury prone as it gets and we have similar player now in Arthur.
Rabiot - he is still not a finished product and he has some serious flaws (his head, lack of pressing in defense, not so effective in the final third...) but he is affordable, young, he is playing in the big club for few years now where he was performing really well. He could really prove to be the right choice but unfortunately he could also flop.
De Jong - this kid has some serious potential and I hope we get him BUT he is young and has only ONE serious season behind him while we already have 2 youngsters in our team in the midfield (Arthur and Alena). Another problem is that he is playing as a CB for some time now. Maybe the best thing would be to lock him for next summer but even than he has to start playing in the midfield or he won't make any progress at all.

As things stand right now choosing anyone out of this three is a huge risk but the reward could also be high. I sincerely hope our scouts do their job and choose the right one since this could maybe turn out to be the crucial signing this summer.

Last edited:

aaron101

[tw]1021018968050552832[/tw]

We are interested in Sommer who was Ter Stegen's replacement at Gladbach, to be back up to Ter Stegen at Barcelona.

It would be a shame to sell Cillessen who said many times in his interviews that he doesn't plan on leaving.

Judoman

From the quality stand point, Thiago is a clear choice. But i understand the board s reluctance to buy hg players for a huge amount. It doesn t make sence to cash out for
a player you invested resources in when he was a kid. The fact that Pep hasn t made any effort to get him also worries me.

All in all there is no clear cut option..

BBZ8800

Croatian sources says today that Barcelona is among clubs who contacted Croatian CB-RB Domagoj Vida this summer, after his world cup performances, but his price (35M for a 29 year old) was too high.
Liverpool, Atletico and Sevilla are also interested.

Who knows if the story is true.
If it is, then we are not actually buying EVERY SINGLE older player whom we like, and we buy a mix of some oldies and some younger players (Arthur, Lenglet).

Jombi

Croatian sources says today that Barcelona is among clubs who contacted Croatian CB-RB Domagoj Vida this summer, after his world cup performances, but his price (35M for a 29 year old) was too high.

If it is, then we are not actually buying EVERY SINGLE older player whom we like, and we buy a mix of some oldies and some younger players (Arthur, Lenglet).

Has anyone ever said we buy every single older player? Vida was mostly a bench warmer in the Turkish league last season. 35m for that, and turning 30 as well seems very steep.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Vida is good but not Barca profile. Could be his agent but it's not like Barca haven't been linked with everyone anyway.

Don't know what Valverde plans but Lenglet is left-footed and can't be long term solution for replacing Pique.

Raketa10

It's just a click-bait nothing more...

Home of Barca Fans