Barca Transfers and Rumors

PhilS

were not even looking for midfielders and most probably wont sign any .

If that is true, I just can't face it. The play from the Barca midfield this year just has not been good enough, due to Iniesta fading, maybe Busquets fading, Rak coming down a bit from his fine early play with this team, and then the large cast of alternates just not being good enough to play substantial roles.

OK, Sergi Roberto might improve as a midfielder, same with Rafinha and D. Suarez. But I just don't think the current roster has the future midfield talent needed. Nor do I see them at Barca B or out on loan.

xavi_the_Boss

If that is true, I just can't face it. The play from the Barca midfield this year just has not been good enough, due to Iniesta fading, maybe Busquets fading, Rak coming down a bit from his fine early play with this team, and then the large cast of alternates just not being good enough to play substantial roles.

OK, Sergi Roberto might improve as a midfielder, same with Rafinha and D. Suarez. But I just don't think the current roster has the future midfield talent needed. Nor do I see them at Barca B or out on loan.

It´s not.Robert said we are looking to bring in a Midfielder and a RB.

Zincubus

Banned
It's his opinion, but personally I've never seen anything really special in Coutinho apart from his golazos. A player who supposedly is one of the best in the PL and the offensive catalyst, should stand out more than Coutinho actually does. He disappears way too much IMO. His dribbling and creativity overrated when he doesn't have much to show for.

I am more impressed by Manè and Firmino whenever I've seen Liverpool play.

To be fair to the lad if he playa well , Liverpool play well .

They're nothing special without him .

His through balls are a thing to behold and he was brilliant with Suarez when they played together and also with Neymar for Brazil .

Coutinho would be amazing in the Barca midfield alongside Messi and Busquets ..

I hope they sell, and not loan, Arda, Paco, Vermaelen, Douglas and maybe Denis or Rafinha.
I'd agree with that lot apart from Arda who's a great super sub for Iniesta .
The rest with Matheau and Rakitic can sling their hooks for me .

I hope they sell, and not loan, Arda, Paco, Vermaelen, Douglas and maybe Denis or Rafinha.

And sport say we're already negotiating for bellerin, that signing him is a priority. Yikes. Hope not :yuck:

Hed be fantastic for Barcelona !!!

Isn't he an ex Barca youngster as well ??

Compared to what we've got and what we've had to tolerate since Alves left you should be grateful he may be coming .

Zincubus

Banned
[tw]844312440473075714[/tw]

Says according to Rac1 and Diego Torres we made an offer to Isco, but the player hasn't decided yet.

I'd prefer Coutinho but Isco would be nearly as good for us unless we can get Thiago back somehow .

Aleix is better than Bellerin.

At what !?

Certainly not football or being a right back .

its not like were in need of another midfielder anyway. I prefer Denis to Isco and we have plenty of exciting midfielders in the b team anyway.

They're completely different players but Isco does seem to be far more effective .. wasn't he called the new Xavi a few years ago ?

Jombi

Says alot about our transfer policy if we have to beg RM for their backups like Isco. We had the best midfield in the world by far and what have we done to smooth the transition to a post-Xavi/Iniesta era? Gotten rid of Thiago and bought Arda and Gomes?

Zincubus

Banned
its not like were in need of another midfielder anyway. I prefer Denis to Isco and we have plenty of exciting midfielders in the b team anyway.

Then again ... If we want to actually win something ...we need some actual quality .

We never replaced Puyol , then Xavi , then Alves , now Iniesta is quickly fading and these guys are not being replaced with true quality ...

Why would Thiago come back
He's now the main man at Bayern who are not a selling team

How can Bayern sell their man to UCL rival?
especially one with a board that can not even negotiate that well

Let's just focus on players we can ACTUALLY get

Maybe he's not liking the way Ancelloti's realms play for one ....plus he'd love to play for Barca again I'm sure .

it seems like thiago will renew contract with bayern so we can forget about him,veratti is just unrealistic,madrid won't sell isco to us so only coutinho is left of top midfielders that we've been connected with

Contracts mean nothing nowadays to be fair

[tw]844530372755013635[/tw]

Catalan press on fire, with the prospect of 2 catalans coming back.

Deulo and Bellerin everywhere.
Excellent .

I saw Deulo the other night and he was unplayable . Down the right side in a dominant Barca he'd be fantastic with Bellerinto cover for him and overlap . Messi will move into midfield of course .

F

FlaFCB

Arda is awful as a sub for Iniesta. He has nothing to offer, needs to be sold.

F

FlaFCB

People were raving about Arda not long ago ...saying how he'd improved since last season ..

The only position he plays somewhat well is LW, and we have Neymar. Also, arda only performs against minnions. He was a flop in each game a bit more important that he played on.

xXKonan

1490222716265.jpg

Need to sell some papers.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Doubt Deulofeu will ever become a super star. Too many excuses are made for him, have been made for him throughout all these years. Sometimes these players(Deulofeu, Adama, Halilovic) just need to grow up and take some responsibility themselves too.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Certainly not when sitting on the bench.

And playing at the RW where all he does is those step-overs and crosses the ball, and tries to score from impossible angles. He's been doing better in Milan, but in a different position.

He's 23 years old. He had lots of potential, but so did other players before him like Bojan. I think he has the potential to become decent or good player, but certainly never a starter for an elite tier team like Barca.

It's a pity Deulofeu, Adama and even Halilovic seem to have some significant holes in their play/mentality

If we bring him back then I think it'll be to keep him one season before signing someone else while selling him for a good fee too.

Home of Barca Fans