Barca Transfers and Rumors

Giginho75

And yet we are here with current Suarez and Kevin Prince Boateng out of all players as our two striker options so of course this will be discussed.

Boateng as only backup is a choice.
If Suarez need to rest or is injured o disqualified, we will play with Leo striker and Coutinho or Malcolm on the wing.

Boateng can play only easy matches in LaLiga, nothing else.

Anyway...for sure we can discuss...
but not in the dramatic way as I read.

Giginho75

When did we buy a striker? :lol:

We are discussing prospects like Maxi Gomez, Jovic etc. who are realistic choices not Mbappe or Kane.

Getting mad about transfer discussions in a transfer thread- Edgelord extreme.

We didn't buy a striker...I know it...
I meant that the board has already completed a great midfield and I don't think they want getting rid of Suarez as many users want.

Abow I read Mbappe.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
As if that would have changed anything lol.

Valverde would have benched Dembele for Griezmann and we would be back to the same problem.

FinBarcelonafan

As if that would have changed anything lol.

Valverde would have benched Dembele for Griezmann and we would be back to the same problem.

Yep. Dembele would be struggling and Suarez would still miss the chances. Griezmann would help a lot our team play with great defense and good build-up though.

Andresito

Staff member
Filipe Luis would be a good short term solution. Left back isn't that big of a priority as Alba is great and Miranda needs time out on loan. Better get Filipe and spend that money elsewhere.

Messi983

Don't know what to think about F.Luis. I've liked him when he was at Deportivo but he had some pretty bad tackles on Messi over the years. He's also been injury prone in last two seasons so what would help us getting him if he would be injured when needed?

If we're looking for veterans with La Liga experience I'd prefer Jaume Costa especially if Villarreal will be relegated. He seems to lose his starting spot to Alfonso Pedraza lately so could consider a move. Or we could even buy Pedraza (his clause is around 20M) though lack of guaranteed playing time could be a problem but I think he could also be used as LW in easier games to get him more minutes.

Alex Moreno (Rayo) is apparently also one of the options we're considering.

If we get a similar backup for right back, Roberto can concentrate on being a midfielder.

I would give Wague a chance.

Arizona Scott

Don't know what to think about F.Luis. I've liked him when he was at Deportivo but he had some pretty bad tackles on Messi over the years. He's also been injury prone in last two seasons so what would help us getting him if he would be injured when needed?

If we're looking for veterans with La Liga experience I'd prefer Jaume Costa especially if Villarreal will be relegated. He seems to lose his starting spot to Alfonso Pedraza lately so could consider a move. Or we could even buy Pedraza (his clause is around 20M) though lack of guaranteed playing time could be a problem but I think he could also be used as LW in easier games to get him more minutes.

Alex Moreno (Rayo) is apparently also one of the options we're considering.

I would give Wague a chance.

Not La Liga at present (but developed with Osasuna & Malaga) but I would add Nacho Monreal to the list of vets out of contract who could fill in for the occasional spell for Jordi for 2 years. 22 caps for Spain so I am sure there is some familiarity. Him and Luis have the most big game experience. Don't want to hear the "but he plays for Arsenal and they have a loser mentality" kind of weak argument. He has been one of the better all around players for many years there, and one of the EPLs most complete LBs, and helped than win 3 FA Cups. More winning (and way more European experience) than any of these others except than the 1 year older Felipe Luis.

Wouldn't have a problem with Moreno (25 years old) or Pedraza (21) if either is a willing understudy to Alba.

Home of Barca Fans