Barca Transfers and Rumors

Zidane82

Giroud on a free anyone?

Decent plan B option imo.

Yeah .. I’ve always liked him his holdup play is great , fab first touch and technique .. third highest scorer for the French national team as well .
Remember the scorpion kick goal :).
https://youtu.be/wP_Dxy4Gb24

https://youtu.be/wP_Dxy4Gb24

Last edited:

FC433

We signed:

Romário when he was 27 played 33 scored 30 and 0 assists

Ronaldo when he was 19 played 37 scored 34 and 4 assists

Kluivert when he was 22 played 35 scored 15 and 13 assists

Saviola when he was 19 played 36 scored 17 and 9 assists

Eto'o when he was 23 played 37 scored 25 and 5 assists

Henry when he was 29 played 30 scored 12 and 10 assists

Ibrahimovic when he was 27 played 29 scored 16 and 9 assists

Villa when he was 28 played 34 scored 18 and 10 assists

Suárez when he was 27 played 27 scored 16 and 16 assists

SeloBarca

Suarez is the perfect type of striker for us imo, but hes getting old.
I dont watch other leagues that much, but what other strikers out there plays similiar?

Jovic would cost us 60M, while Piatek was sold for 35M :/

serghei

Thing is, we need a plan A, and then we will need to make Suarez plan B

There are about 2 players who could realistically replace Suarez right now, and we have zero chances of getting any of them. So, we'll actually get a player who can grow, so that he can replace Suarez. How long that will take we shall see. Hopefully a single season.

Chances are very high that Luis is still going to be our main 9 in 2019-20. The key is to have an in form young striker, ready to take over from 2020-21 onwards. By that time Suarez' age will show even more. He'll be 34.

Last edited:

PhilS

Jovic in, Coutinho and Boatang out. No other changes needed for the forwards and midfielders, with De Jong coming. Some midfielder could leave because of excess numbers.

Messi983

According to Sport we're following Fernando Ovelar.

Don't know anything about this kid but scoring against your team's biggest rival when you're not even 15 is very impressive. :worthy:

[tw]1113059608942309376[/tw]

Ovelar made his professional debut for Cerro Porteño in a 1–1 Paraguayan Primera División tie with 3 de Febrero on 28 October 2018.[1] Ovelar scored his first professional goal the following week in the Paraguayan Superclásico against Club Olimpia on 4 November 2018.[2] Ovelar is the youngest player to ever play in the Paraguayan Primera División, and also the youngest ever scorer in the league,[3] at the age of 14 years, 9 months and 27 days.[4]

[youtube]OSVW9ytJpOg[/youtube]

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Wonder if Benjamin Mendy is a realistic option on loan. Knowing Pep, I struggle to imagine Mendy remaining in the squad after failing to adhere to rehab guidelines, again. I suppose it's linked to what happens with the UEFA/FFP investigation but could be a win win. Player is not on high wages and needs to play more regularly if not stay healthy for an extended period of time.

Messi983

Wonder if Benjamin Mendy is a realistic option on loan. Knowing Pep, I struggle to imagine Mendy remaining in the squad after failing to adhere to rehab guidelines, again. I suppose it's linked to what happens with the UEFA/FFP investigation but could be a win win. Player is not on high wages and needs to play more regularly if not stay healthy for an extended period of time.

How would he get more regular playing time here? We also need someone who would be actually healthy when Alba will be rested. Mendy has played 16 league games since joining City so I don't have any confidence in him to stay healthy.

But let's say City would actually loan him to us and he would stay healthy and play good. Then they would just take him back after a year. We are not a farmer club for City/Pep. Only way I would consider (but in the end probably still reject because of the injury concerns) your idea is if we would also have a buy option around 20-30M but City would never accept this.

Home of Barca Fans