Barca Transfers and Rumors

Riordon

Yeah, for now there are no CHO rumours but with Coutinho either being sold or moved permanently to midfield and Malcom probably sold, I think we need both a LW and 9. No rumours for now but I hope they will emerge as I consider CHO a big, big talent.

MTL_Barca

Considering there is like a 0% chance to become a starter here this sounds like quite a bad move for a talent like CHO.

Riordon

Considering there is like a 0% chance to become a starter here this sounds like quite a bad move for a talent like CHO.

Well, with Bayern very likely to get Pepe, Werner and Havertz I can't see him start right away there as they already have Coman too.

Looks like Liverpool Liverpool also is in the race for him now too.

MTL_Barca

Well, with Bayern very likely to get Pepe, Werner and Havertz I can't see him start right away there as they already have Coman too.

Looks like Liverpool Liverpool also is in the race for him now too.

No way they sign all these players at once tho. That would be too much and they also don't have unlimited money (they are already spending 125M on defenders)

He can beat Coman (always injured anyway) or Gnabry but Dembele? Like i would take him but i feel the kid would be stupid to join us just to rot on the bench or hoping for Ernie playing Messi as 9 again.

FC433

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="pl" dir="ltr">Trójka priorytetów. Jović, de Ligt, Moreno. <a href="https://t.co/cYTCYlfFVP">pic.twitter.com/cYTCYlfFVP</a></p>— ■neurophate (@neurophate_) <a href="https://twitter.com/neurophate_/status/1110320690270519296?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 25, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> [/tw]

Great targets. I would like a LW if that is possible and maybe Rabiot too if we manage to sell Rakitic and Vidal.

Arizona Scott

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="pl" dir="ltr">Trójka priorytetów. Jović, de Ligt, Moreno. <a href="https://t.co/cYTCYlfFVP">pic.twitter.com/cYTCYlfFVP</a></p>— ■neurophate (@neurophate_) <a href="https://twitter.com/neurophate_/status/1110320690270519296?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 25, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> [/tw]

Great targets. I would like a LW if that is possible and maybe Rabiot too if we manage to sell Rakitic and Vidal.

Moreno would be just useless at Barca, Bob makes a much better back-up anything/anywhere. I did see a post with Moreno palling around with Lucas Leiva in Lazio. Would be a good move, he isn't going to cut on technique in Spain nor physical attributes in England. Luis and Monreal are older but still 10x the LB than him.

FinBarcelonafan

Alberto Moreno :lol: Can't even start ahead of Milner..

People always complain about our subs. You have to understand, that not every bench player will be World Class. World Class players don't want to be bench players and Alba will play 80% of the minutes or more, so I don't see it as a big deal.

I remember people complaining about Digne who was a good sub but wanted to leave. Shame. We could have used him.

Messi983

People always complain about our subs. You have to understand, that not every bench player will be World Class. World Class players don't want to be bench players and Alba will play 80% of the minutes or more, so I don't see it as a big deal.

I remember people complaining about Digne who was a good sub but wanted to leave. Shame. We could have used him.

True.

I'm not totally sold on Moreno and would prefer Filipe Luis but maybe he wants to go to a club where he'll play more/he wants more money than we're willing to offer or Barça is a bit affraid of his injury problems over the last few years though Moreno was injured last season too. He didn't play much this season so it's questionable in what form he would come to us but on a cheap short-term contract (max. 2 years) I wouldn't mind him. I still expect at his age (he'll turn 27 in summer) he wants to play more than he would here so maybe a return to Sevilla or going to another club would make more sense. On the other hand he probably also wants to win something in his career so coming to Barça for a few seasons to win at least La Liga and maybe CL before going to Sevilla or another smaller team is probably also an attractive option for him.

Anyway I think we're still considering different options at LB while it's pretty obvious De Ligt and Jović are our top targets at CB and ST and we're focusing on them now. I would be more than ok if we could guarantee one (or ideally both) of them before summer transfer window even starts and then we can focus on getting a backup LB and selling players. Could be a bit boring summer when it comes to our transfer activities in that case but after last two years full of transfer sagas (first Neymar and Dembele/Coutinho and then Griezmann) I would take that. At the same time it would also mean Barça had good plans if we could have most of our team set before a pre-season so new players would have enough time to adapt. Messi, Suarez, Arthur and Coutinho/Vidal (if they stay) will probably get a week or two more rest after Copa America but other players should all be there for the start of preseason.

BarçaBarça

Bring Grimaldo back home, use that sell on clause in his contract to negotiate a lower fee and ensure continuity from Alba to Grimaldo

Not really good enough to be future starter here, is he?

True.

I'm not totally sold on Moreno and would prefer Filipe Luis but maybe he wants to go to a club where he'll play more/he wants more money than we're willing to offer or Barça is a bit affraid of his injury problems over the last few years though Moreno was injured last season too. He didn't play much this season so it's questionable in what form he would come to us but on a cheap short-term contract (max. 2 years) I wouldn't mind him. I still expect at his age (he'll turn 27 in summer) he wants to play more than he would here so maybe a return to Sevilla or going to another club would make more sense. On the other hand he probably also wants to win something in his career so coming to Barça for a few seasons to win at least La Liga and maybe CL before going to Sevilla or another smaller team is probably also an attractive option for him.

Anyway I think we're still considering different options at LB while it's pretty obvious De Ligt and Jović are our top targets at CB and ST and we're focusing on them now. I would be more than ok if we could guarantee one (or ideally both) of them before summer transfer window even starts and then we can focus on getting a backup LB and selling players. Could be a bit boring summer when it comes to our transfer activities in that case but after last two years full of transfer sagas (first Neymar and Dembele/Coutinho and then Griezmann) I would take that. At the same time it would also mean Barça had good plans if we could have most of our team set before a pre-season so new players would have enough time to adapt. Messi, Suarez, Arthur and Coutinho/Vidal (if they stay) will probably get a week or two more rest after Copa America but other players should all be there for the start of preseason.

A squad ready before summer would be extremely satisfying.

Regarding Moreno I would prefer others like Filipe Luis as well. Media are reporting Filipe Luis wants to win stuff, and therefore could be persuaded by us, I hope that is true.

Messi983

Not really good enough to be future starter here, is he?

A squad ready before summer would be extremely satisfying.

Regarding Moreno I would prefer others like Filipe Luis as well. Media are reporting Filipe Luis wants to win stuff, and therefore could be persuaded by us, I hope that is true.

Re Grimaldo: Haven't really followed him much in Benfica so don't know if he's good enough but I'm sure he wants to play regularly so returning now wouldn't make much sense for him so don't believe he's one of our options.

Re squad: There will probably still be some things to do (like finding a new club for Rafinha after his injury - TBF I would be happy if we can get 10-15M) but if we can get most/all incoming transfers (CB, forward, LB) and sell players on loan mainly Gomes and maybe Denis (I don't have high hopes about that though as he'll probably again be stubborn he can succeed here and won't want to leave :lol:) before July it would be great. Malcom should be sold before then too (I know people here like him but he doesn't have a future at the club). He's still young and probably interesting enough to other clubs to maybe get all the money we spent on him back but I think we should get at least around 30M.

And we should make decisions about Raki, Vidal and Coutinho. I think we'll sell Cou if we can get 100M but Raki and Vidal will probably stay. We'll likely spend over 200M for MDL and Jović alongside FDJ and I doubt we can do that without selling one player for big money. And Cou is our best bet for that unless he'll suddenly show a big improvement over the next two months.

Zidane82

Alberto Moreno :lol: Can't even start ahead of Milner..

He’s an oddity to be fair .. he’s extremely good going forward, not unlike Alba in that respect ... but he does get caught out of position... that shouldn’t be an issue for some in here as that’s what happens to Roberto but he’s seen as a demigod

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans