Barca Transfers and Rumors

LordLichtenstein

Since Abidal replaced Roberto Fernández as the club's director of football, in June 2018.

2018-19

Player Departures:
€042.00M - Paulinho
€030.25M - Mina
€020.20M - Digne
€013.00M - Deulofeu
€012.00M - Marlon
€008.50M - Vidal
€005.00M - Arnáiz
€002.25M - Gomes
€002.00M - Alcácer
€135.20M - Total

Players Arriving:
€041.00M - Malcom
€035.90M - Lenglet
€031.00M - Arthur
€018.00M - Vidal
€005.00M - Wagué
€130.90M - Total

Balance:
€004.30M - Total

---------------------------------------------

2019-20

Transfer Budget:
€004.30M - Balance 18-19
€004.30M - Total

Player Departures:
€021.00M - Alcácer
€001.05M - Munir
€022.05M - Total

Players Arriving:
€086.00M - De Jong
€000.00M - Todibo
€086.00M - Total

Balance:
€059.65M - Total

---------------------------------------------

Sell:
Rakitić
Gomes
Denis
Rafinha
Cillessen

Last edited:

Raketa10

I am truly shocked that no one in our club thinks that we need a LB backup! If Alba getst injured before an important CL game we'll be fucked!

raki

Since Abidal replaced Roberto Fernández as the club's director of football, in June 2018.

2018-19

Initial Transfer Budget:
€60.00M - Transfer Budget 18-19
€60.00M - Total

Player Departures:
€50.00M - Paulinho
€30.25M - Mina
€20.20M - Digne
€13.00M - Deulofeu
€12.00M - Marlon
€08.50M - Vidal
€05.00M - Arnáiz
€02.25M - Gomes
€02.00M - Alcácer
€143.20M - Total

Players Arriving:
€41.00M - Malcom
€35.90M - Lenglet
€31.00M - Arthur
€18.00M - Vidal
€05.00M - Wagué
€130.90M - Total

Transfer Budget Balance:
€72.30M - Total

---------------------------------------------------------

2019-20

Initial Transfer Budget:
€72.30M - Transfer Budget 18-19
€60.00M - Transfer Budget 19-20
€132.30M - Total

Player Departures:
€21.00M - Alcácer
€01.00M - Munir
€22.00M - Total

Players Arriving:
€86.00M - De Jong
€00.00M - Todibo
€86.00M - Total

Transfer Budget Balance:
€68.30M - Total

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Frenkie price is 75, right?

Riordon

Who are you thinking about as a LB reinforcement? I would love to see F.Mensy here but he certainly won’t come to play backuplb. Which LB out there will be willing to be 100% backup?

Messi983

Who are you thinking about as a LB reinforcement? I would love to see F.Mensy here but he certainly won’t come to play backuplb. Which LB out there will be willing to be 100% backup?

I like Junior Firpo but rumours over the past few weeks/months were linking him with a move to Madrid in summer though I think if Solari stays next season he really likes Reguillon and they can also bring back Theo from loan if Marcelo leaves. They'll also spent a lot of money on Hazard, Militao and possibly Eriksen so they probably won't be willling to give up 50M for Firpo and Betis won't sell for less. Of course it's likely Madrid would try to include some of their own players (Serra apparently likes Mariano) to lower Firpo's price but I don't think it's a given he will really leave Betis.

I would use our good relations with Betis/Serra Ferrer and do something like this. We are apparently trying to get a co-ownership with them for Brazilian RB Emerson so let's do some more business.

If they are really interested in him loan them Denis (just tell him he won't play again this season if he won't want to leave) with a 10-15M buy option in summer but try to negotiate a first option or even agree a possible future transfer fee (a similar deal we had for Arthur) even if it's in the range of 40-50M for Firpo which we could use until let's say 2021. Then we hope Betis can convince Firpo to stay with them for another season if needed by giving him a pay raise and higher buy out clause (for other clubs) which would probably turn Madrid/City interest away but in case one of those clubs is willing to pay let's say 70-80M (his proposed new buy out clause) then we'll just have to look for other options. I don't think this is very likely though. Market is crazy but I don't see Betis turning into Ajax and selling their players (and defenders after all) for 70M+.

Next we'll see how the 2019/20 season will progress (Alba's potential decline, Miranda's development and how Cucu would do as a backup if we'll bring him back) and we can decide to either pay 50M for Firpo or leave him at Betis for another season. Alternatively we could also buy him in 2020 and loan him back to Betis or another club to play regularly. With FDJ and new striker coming this summer we probably won't have that many glaring holes in our team by then so financially we could probably afford that operation.

I know this is not a very realistic scenario but I believe Betis would like to keep Firpo for at least one more year and we would buy ourselves some time to re-evaluate things again next year. Of course if a club will pay his buy out clause this summer there is not much neither Betis nor we could do about that.

Dealing with Betis I would also like to get a future option on Lo Celso who they'll 99% buy this summer. He'll probably get a high release after investing 25M (IIRC) in him. Maybe not 100M (W.Carvalho) but could be in the 80M range. If we could lower this future price to let's say 60M I would absolutely give them some discount for our rejects like Denis and loan them B players like Oriol or Puig in the future as long as they have Setien or a similar type of coach.

Leo_Messi

I like Junior Firpo but rumours over the past few weeks/months were linking him with a move to Madrid in summer though I think if Solari stays next season he really likes Reguillon and they can also bring back Theo from loan if Marcelo leaves. They'll also spent a lot of money on Hazard, Militao and possibly Eriksen so they probably won't be willling to give up 50M for Firpo and Betis won't sell for less. Of course it's likely Madrid would try to include some of their own players (Serra apparently likes Mariano) to lower Firpo's price but I don't think it's a given he will really leave Betis.

I would use our good relations with Betis/Serra Ferrer and do something like this. We are apparently trying to get a co-ownership with them for Brazilian RB Emerson so let's do some more business.

If they are really interested in him loan them Denis (just tell him he won't play again this season if he won't want to leave) with a 10-15M buy option in summer but try to negotiate a first option or even agree a possible future transfer fee (a similar deal we had for Arthur) even if it's in the range of 40-50M for Firpo which we could use until let's say 2021. Then we hope Betis can convince Firpo to stay with them for another season if needed by giving him a pay raise and higher buy out clause (for other clubs) which would probably turn Madrid/City interest away but in case one of those clubs is willing to pay let's say 70-80M (his proposed new buy out clause) then we'll just have to look for other options. I don't think this is very likely though. Market is crazy but I don't see Betis turning into Ajax and selling their players (and defenders after all) for 70M+.

Next we'll see how the 2019/20 season will progress (Alba's potential decline, Miranda's development and how Cucu would do as a backup if we'll bring him back) and we can decide to either pay 50M for Firpo or leave him at Betis for another season. Alternatively we could also buy him in 2020 and loan him back to Betis or another club to play regularly. With FDJ and new striker coming this summer we probably won't have that many glaring holes in our team by then so financially we could probably afford that operation.

I know this is not a very realistic scenario but I believe Betis would like to keep Firpo for at least one more year and we would buy ourselves some time to re-evaluate things again next year. Of course if a club will pay his buy out clause this summer there is not much neither Betis nor we could do about that.

Dealing with Betis I would also like to get a future option on Lo Celso who they'll 99% buy this summer. He'll probably get a high release after investing 25M (IIRC) in him. Maybe not 100M (W.Carvalho) but could be in the 80M range. If we could lower this future price to let's say 60M I would absolutely give them some discount for our rejects like Denis and loan them B players like Oriol or Puig in the future as long as they have Setien or a similar type of coach.

Júnior Firpo has impressed me immensely this season as well and I could very well see him turn into a long-term replacement of Jordi Alba. Really impressive offensively and he has the physical tools as well to succeed at the highest level. Young, knows the league, Spain, Spanish, looks set to feature for the Spanish national team eventually as well. All adds up and makes him attractive for us given the board's natural tendency to look within Spain first when looking to strengthen the squad.

Le Celso is a promising talent as well but not sure if he is what we should be looking for.

Home of Barca Fans