Barca Transfers and Rumors

soul24rage

Would Mascherano on loan be a bad idea? haven't seen how mascherano, ivanovic and skrtel have been playing recently, but el jefecito knows our playing style and wouldn't need an adjusting time.

xXKonan

Would Mascherano on loan be a bad idea? haven't seen how mascherano, ivanovic and skrtel have been playing recently, but el jefecito knows our playing style and wouldn't need an adjusting time.
Mascherano is apparently going back home to Argentina to join River plate once his deal ends in China.

As for Ivanovic and Skrtel, Both are the same age but it would be awkward as hell for Ivanovic to come here considering Suarez bit him in the past. Suarez and Coutinho are very familar with Skrtel as all three of them played for Liverpool for a number of years together.

Devils

Masch wouldn’t come back for EV. EV’s no-rotation policy last season was the reason why Masch left in the first place.

soul24rage

Mascherano is apparently going back home to Argentina to join River plate once his deal ends in China.

As for Ivanovic and Skrtel, Both are the same age but it would be awkward as hell for Ivanovic to come here considering Suarez bit him in the past. Suarez and Coutinho are very familar with Skrtel as all three of them played for Liverpool for a number of years together.

According to transfermarkt, Masche's contract with Hebei runs till Dec. 2019, so I don't think this will halt his plans to move to River Plate when the current deal ends. Since the Chinese League starts in the beginning of March, maybe Mascherano could do a loan deal similar to how Beckham did for AC Milan or Larsson with Man United? The only problem I see is that the loan deal would have to end at the end of Feb.

Ivanovic would be awkward as you said but maybe they both moved past that incident? Can't really tell which of those 3 would be the most helpful as I haven't seen them play recently, but Masche would be my pick as he is familiar with the squad and the club and maybe could perform right away.

Masch wouldn’t come back for EV. EV’s no-rotation policy last season was the reason why Masch left in the first place.

plus he desperately wanted to be in prime condition for the WC. Maybe now with the WC over and the Chinese League in break time, maybe he might be willing to help us?

Joan

No, hope not. Masche is one of my favorites, but that's a closed chapter. No need to ruin his legacy here.

khaled_a_d

Mascherano has left because even Vermaelen was ahead of him, he has declined badly and there was a big offer financially from China, the club actually wanted him to stay but he insisted to leave.
I don't see him even thinking about coming back, he won't play much, he won't get same money.
It is likely an Albertini type of transfer or Christensen if Chelsea willing to let him out on loan

Messigician

No it wouldn't be awkward. Chiellini said he wants to play with Suarez. It's a bite big deal they're grown men it's like get over it.

Porque

We definately need a CB this winter. There are 2 veteren options who can do Ok but will let us down if called upon in Europe (Pepe, Ivanovic).

Then there are 3 opportunities of the market.

Christensen - Out of favour with Sarri and out of form. Great potential and good on the ball. Chelsea may be interested in a loan. Perhaps they could loan him out and replace by recalling Zouma?

Militao - Highly rated. Only 20. 50m buyout clause. Could close door to De Ligt due to age. Also doubts of instant impact and actual level coming from Portuguese football. Bonus is can play rightback.
Note- have not watched myself.

Djene - LaLiga adapted. Good age. 40m buyout clause. Should not cause problems with De Ligts integration. Can play RB.

gregorrin10

Since getting De Ligt right now is practically impossible, i would get Christensen from Chelsea, possibly on a loan with a buy option, since the club is looking for something like that. Not to mention Christensen is actually a possible great defender in the making, but is being surprisingly frozen out by Sarri, so this might be the ideal time to try and get him, possibly with a loan up front he would come even cheaper in the end. De Ligt still being my top choice obviously, but we could get Christensen right now and see how he does for 6 months, and if he turns out good, buy him outright alongside De Ligt in the summer.

We can still get a good defender, even if we are looking for a stop-gap, so there's no need to waste it on not oldies, but practically finished players like Ivanovic, Skrtel and Pepe.

Last edited:

Bulgroz

Surprised that no one mentioned a rumor that I've heard in several french and brazilian medias (but maybe spanish websites didn't talk about it at all): Pablo, from Bordeaux.
CB, 27, Brazil NT player, best defender in the brazilian league in 2017, and probably one of the best CB in Ligue 1 this season. Rumor has it that United and Barca want him.

He was bought by Bordeaux in 2015 after a very good season in Brazil (apparently) but he got injured quickly, and failed to adapt to Ligue 1. Was then loaned to Corinthians for a full year, where he won the league and was, as mentioned, voted best defender. Came back to Bordeaux last January, and he was completely changed (he said that his coach with corinthians helped him improve drastically). He's one of the main reasons (with our other CB, Jules Kounde, very promising 21yo) why Bordeaux went from the 15th place in december to the 6th in june. Krasnodar apparently offered 12 millions for him in august, but the player refused to go there. He's been very good since the beginning of this season, which allowed him to play twice for the brazilian NT.
He's a big guy, but not too slow for his size and weight, and even though he's no Beckenbauer, he's actually rather good with the ball.

Not saying he would be a perfect fit, just thought it was curious that nobody mentioned him here. I think he's good enough to be a backup CB in a top team, but I'd be surprised to see Barca pay 15 millions (his alleged prize right now, which doesn't shock me considering the current market) for, well, a backup CB who's already 27.

Home of Barca Fans