Barca Transfers and Rumors

Zincubus

Banned
mmNot as good as 2014/15 window. Rakitic Suarez bravo mats Mathieu. This window is more about adding depth. None of the signings are going to be starters.

Im not a great fan of Rakitic so I'd be happy for Gomez to be a starter , sooner rather than later ..

Icarium

Lifestealer
You are ruling these youngsters out way too soon but whatever.

I am not ruling anyone out. Signing Suarez alone would have made that window better than this window. I am just mainly comparing the impact the signings will have. Only Umtiti and Gomes have the chance of becoming starters in the near future. I don't know how anyone can make an argument for this window being better than 2014/15. Only way this would equate that is if we sign Dybala instead of Paco Alcacer.

Trickykid

I am not ruling anyone out. Signing Suarez alone would have made that window better than this window. I am just mainly comparing the impact the signings will have. Only Umtiti and Gomes have the chance of becoming starters in the near future. I don't know how anyone can make an argument for this window being better than 2014/15. Only way this would equate that is if we sign Dybala instead of Paco Alcacer.

Compared to what we actually needed at the given time, I think you can compare the two windows in terms of quality. Back then we sold Sanchez and badly needed a 9. We got the best out there. We needed a goalkeeper as well, and got two great ones. Then there was a void to fill after Xavi, and we did that too.
This season we hardly need direct starters, as our starting XI is pretty fantastic. We need replacements for the not too distant future, and we (potentially, because we can't know yet if they actually make the grade of course) did that the best way imaginable as I see it.
So yeah, I think the two windows have been solved just about equally well. In the end, time will tell, though.

SeloBarca

Compared to what we actually needed at the given time, I think you can compare the two windows in terms of quality. Back then we sold Sanchez and badly needed a 9. We got the best out there. We needed a goalkeeper as well, and got two great ones. Then there was a void to fill after Xavi, and we did that too.
This season we hardly need direct starters, as our starting XI is pretty fantastic. We need replacements for the not too distant future, and we (potentially, because we can't know yet if they actually make the grade of course) did that the best way imaginable as I see it.
So yeah, I think the two windows have been solved just about equally well. In the end, time will tell, though.
We did? Neither Rakitic, Denis or Gomes has the needed lvl of playmaker or passing skills.

Messi983

We did? Neither Rakitic, Denis or Gomes has the needed lvl of playmaker or passing skills.

So who would you buy that has required level of playmaker or passing skills? You don't rate Rakitić, Denis and Gomes so you must have some names in your mind that are realistically available to us and would be a clear upgrade over what we currently have. I don't see many out there so please enlighten me.

Yeah, because Lucho plays exactly the same way as Pep did, right? It shouldn't take a genius to see that we don't even utilize a Xavi role anymore.

Yeah, I don't get how some Barça fans (who probably regularly watches most of our games) don't see we don't play Pep's tiki taka anymore and our CMs (and even Busquets in some way) have different roles now than they have with Pep. Even Iniesta plays different now and that's why he had some troubles to adapt during first months of Lucho's first season.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Barcelona aim to complete the signing of Valencia forward Paco Alcacer (22) on Monday, before he joins the Spain NT. [SPORT]

JamDav1982

According to the press in UK Barcelona are one of number of clubs scouting 'the new Bale', Oliver Burke at Nottingham Forrest.

Scottish winger supposedly being scouted by Man Utd, Arsenal, Bayern etc and bids expected for him.

Ritchie

This seasons budget has been increased to 90M after the availability of money from Pedro's sale from last season. If not that probably they are going into next seasons budget. So far we spent 60M net.

We're bad at generating money in sales which effects what we can spend. 90 isn't a huge figure these day. Even crap like Song and Vermalen should fetch a decent fee if they weren't put on stupid wages.

At least after strengthening the squad this summer we may only need a right back next summer if we get the forward in now.Maybe another centre half if Matheiu goes. That'd leave us to be able to invest in some quality teenagers given the dearth in La Masia at the moment.

Last edited:

opjeoff

Ok 'crazy', but we still probably need another RB because he's not a Barca quality RB for sure.

We have Roberto who is improving with every game, Dani Alves wasn't the best right back in the world when he first joined. Vidal is a perfect backup right back. It's too late in the market to be looking for a RB , we'll either have to overpay or panic buy. We're done for this window.

Home of Barca Fans