Barca Transfers and Rumors

raki

Malcom is a great buy. 21 years with the speed of Douglas Costa, huge talent, amazing left foot and awesome winger in both sides.

If the deal goes through we bought 3 great young players for decent prices.

Only a midfielder missing but first they need to sell 5 players. Gomes, Alcacer or Munir, Rafinha?, Vidal, Digne?, Mina or Vermaelen.

TitoTata

Banned
Malcom looks wonderful but doesn't he play the same area as Dembele ??

Ernesto was too scared to play Dembele so I don't see him changing to playing one of them nevermind, both ..

Nothanks

well considering that coutinho now moves to the left because iniesta left, no more deulofeu and paulinho who were the only ones that played RM it's safe to say dembele is most likely to be starter in RM/RW if malcom comes, now if william comes then back to the bench dembele goes.

Nucky

Willian won't come. Malcom is a much better buy than Willian. Malcom is 21y, can play as CAM/winger, 41m. No need to say more.

Donatello

Aren't we becoming more and more like RM. We keep going for high profile transfers each year, and even for backup we look outside, instead of La Masia.

Our squad is stacked imo, no chance for youngsters to make it here. It is a major reason why players leave at young age.

When will we see La Masia flourish?

Judoman

Aren't we becoming more and more like RM. We keep going for high profile transfers each year, and even for backup we look outside, instead of La Masia.

Our squad is stacked imo, no chance for youngsters to make it here. It is a major reason why players leave at young age.

Part from last season, when Neymar left and we got Coutinho/Dembele, what was the last "high profile" transfer? Do Arda, Gomez, Paulinho count as high profile?

Ritchie

No, Real actually know what they're doing with transfers.

La Masia talent factory dried up after Thiago. The few decent ones that the club keep hold of at 17 do get chances (Sergi Roberto, Rafinha, Deulofeu). Barca should be buying up the best young players but not paying Dembele prices for anything but the finished product.

Donatello

Part from last season, when Neymar left and we got Coutinho/Dembele, what was the last "high profile" transfer? Do Arda, Gomez, Paulinho count as high profile?

Arda, Gomes, Vidal, Paco, Verm do qualify as "Backup". Read it properly.

Now they're just deadweights.

Last edited:

Judoman

Arda, Gomes, Vidal, Paco do qualify as "Backup". Read it properly.

I get it, but the question stands. Part from last year, when was the last high profile transfer made? I think that was Neymar back in 2013.
So no, we are not becoming like RM. I m sure we wouldn t be buying outside rotation players if the quality was there in La Masia.

Also, i don t think there are many top level clubs with higher % of home grown players in the first team. If any.

Donatello

I get it, but the question stands. Part from last year, when was the last high profile transfer made? I think that was Neymar back in 2013.
So no, we are not becoming like RM. I m sure we wouldn t be buying outside rotation players if the quality was there in La Masia.

You forgot to add Suarez. We were beaten by RM for Vinicius and Rodrygo. We wanted Griezmann, but he rejected us. So, basically board doesn't trust LaMasia.

Donatello

Well, you forgot to add Suarez. We were beaten by RM for Vinicius and Rodrygo. We wanted Griezmann, but he rejected us.

We just bought Arthur, and we're also interested in signing Rabiot, De Jong.

Munir is definitely a better pick over Paco, but we are willing to keep him. While Munir's future is uncertain.

So, the only explanation is either board doesn't trust LaMasia or maybe La Masia is dead.

Last edited:

Joan

Well, you forgot to add Suarez. We were beaten by RM for Vinicius and Rodrygo. We wanted Griezmann, but he rejected us. So, basically board doesn't trust LaMasia.

Nope. La Masia won't always produce. It's also up to a coach.

This generation is very talented, let's see how that turns out.

Not that we let some world beaters go.

Home of Barca Fans