Barca Transfers and Rumors

FC433

^ great post. I would like to secure De Ligt and FD Jong for next season. I also would buy Martial this season and bring either, if possible, Thiago or Kante and we should be good.

Vilarrubi

Sport's news related to the transfer window:

Aleix Vidal will leave Barça in the coming days.

Lucas Digne is close to the exit from Barça.

Barça wants to sell André Gomes before the start of the new season.

Barça has offers for both Marlon and Rafinha.

Barça have decided to sell Yerry Mina.

Barça is already looking for a substitute for Cillessen. Goalkeeper wants to leave.

Yes please, as long as Vidal leaves, even if it is for 5M. I would take 20-25M for Digne and promote Cucurella for a year, and then after Miranda also gets promoted next year, choose between the two or if they both impress, even send one of them out just on loan until Alba is no longer first choice. Hopefully those offers for Marlon and Rafinha are true, would take a combined 40M for them. And great news if we're really starting to do the right thing at the right time and selling, first Paulinho, and Mina now and make a great profit when we still can, we should get 25-30M for him on this World Cup hype alone, cause he won't ever develop the ball playing skill set to defend for us. As for Jasper, it will be a shame if he leaves, if he does, i hope we don't take less than 30M for him, ideally 40M.

So let's say that's: 5+20+15+25+30+35 (Vidal+Digne+Marlon+Rafinha+Mina+Cillessen). So we'd get a cool 130M for these, and then add in Gomes for 20 (if we don't manage to include him in any swap deal), that's 150M! That would be amazing, considering all these are totally expendable players. We should sell one of Paco/Munir too, (i'd actually keep Munir, cause he's more versatile and better with the ball at his feet). So that's possibly an extra 30M for Paco. And getting 50M for Paulinho in January. That's 200M+. There is a lot of money to be made, and it's all from very much expendable players. We'd only have to buy a new 2nd GK, or not even that if we give Ortola that spot. And then we can easily afford that extra world class midfielder or winger we need (Kante? Hazard?). And maybe even save some money for next year.

Time to put the trust a little back to La Masia, at least Alena, Cucu and/or Miranda and at least call up Oriol and Arnaiz/Ruiz for Copa matches from next season, and possibly Ortola. Ter Stegen will play Liga and CL both anyway. While i would give all these promoted players all Copa matches except maybe the final, if we get there. Time to get our priorities straight, Copa has to be pushed way down and just give players like Alena, Samper (if he stays), Oriol, Cucu, Ortola, Munir a chance to prove themselves there and if they take us far, that's even better. If not, then at least they get their chance, the club gets a good look at them to know who to keep and not for next season, and our starting players are properly rested in the 2nd half of the season. That's how it should be. Copa should be a bonus, not one of the main objectives of the season, hopefully Valverde realizes that after the biggest pressure is lifted from him after his first season here.

Nice post.

I wish it could go as smoothly as that but with Barca it never does... can see us only selling 2 or 3 of them, keeping Gomes then only buying Rabiot.. would be a nightmare tbh.

gregorrin10

^ great post. I would like to secure De Ligt and FD Jong for next season. I also would buy Martial this season and bring either, if possible, Thiago or Kante and we should be good.

Oh yeah, that would be perfect, me too (for the Ajax duo). We can easily pay 100M (don't think Chelsea can demand much more) for Kante this year, and reach a pre-agreement for De Ligt and De Jong with Ajax for something like 80M combined for next year, just from the money from these possible sales. That would be the perfect summer for me.

So we'd have Vermaelen leaving next year covered with De Ligt, we'd return to having 2 left footed and 2 right footed CBs again after that. Lenglet and De Ligt would easily challenge Umtiti and especially Pique who would probably get benched by De Ligt in two years tops, so we'd have a fantastic depth there, not to mention with De Jong also coming in to boost our options in midfield and possibly CB, if needed as well.

And with the existing yearly budget from this year saved we can easily look for a good winger as well. I'm not quite sold on Martial, even though he could be a real bargain, if he comes under a manager, who gives him the necessary freedom in his game. Cause Mourinho is surely not that. Just not sure that Valverde is that guy either. Maybe if we wait on next year, maybe a new, better player would pop up until then, and if Valverde maybe leaves by then too...? Not to mention if we wait, we have next year's annual budget added to that saved one from this year. AND maybe we finally decide to sell Suarez by next year (we really should!) too, and get an extra 50M from that as well, so we'd have 150-170M to spend, and we would really only need to reinforce attack and nothing else. That's more than enough money to spend on a really great striker/winger.

FC433

^Exacly. That what I was thinking too. We should secure our defence and midfield this season and focus on our attack next season.

No one seems to be interested in De Ligt just yet, which is good despite having a great season.

gregorrin10

^Exacly. That what I was thinking too. We should secure our defence and midfield this season and focus on our attack next season.

No one seems to be interested in De Ligt just yet, which is good despite having a great season.

There was talk that Juve were really interested in him, especially if Rugani leaves for Chelsea, which is still likely to happen. Would really love it if we could move quickly and lock him and FDJ down before someone else comes calling for them. Especially De Ligt, i'm not that worried for a true Cule, like FDJ seems to be, so he's willing to wait for us. Thing is, this is what thinking ahead looks like, we know Vermaelen is gonna leave by next summer for sure, why not lock down both Ajax jewels now, since we know they would be perfect for us. Ajax would be happy, since they get to keep both of them for another year like they planned, and we avoid waiting for a year and then looking frantically for a new up and comer for CB next year when Vermaelen leaves. Bayern does it every year for someone from Bundesliga (Sule,Goretzka, not surprised if Werner is gonna be next), Liverpool did it with Naby Keita, why not us too? It's really baffling.

I'm gonna be so pissed when nothing of this comes true (there's not even rumours about us being interested in De Ligt anymore) and we instead help PSG with their financial fair play, overpay for Rabiot, who has only 1 year remaining and if we really still wanted him, we could get him for free in 6 months, but instead we'll pay like 50M now and he'll be another flop like Gomes. EV will get an extra excuse to bench Arthur and ruin him and Alena, and to top it off, we'll screw up with Ajax too and not even get FDJ, much less De Ligt, when we could lock them both down for next year now.

FC433

^ I think it is safe to assume that FD Jong is going to come at some point. I do not really doubt that, but De Ligt, unfortunately, I do not see him at Barca. As you said, Vermaelen is leaving next season and Pique is going to be 32 by the end of this season.

gregorrin10

^ I think it is safe to assume that FD Jong is going to come at some point. I do not really doubt that, but De Ligt, unfortunately, I do not see him at Barca. As you said, Vermaelen is leaving next season and Pique is going to be 32 by the end of this season.

Okay, i guess i was being a little overdramatic for effect there, i too believe that we will get FDJ at some point. Thing is, with an improved midfield, we can rely on Suarez for one more year i guess, not to mention we can put Coutinho up front and bench Suarez, if he still wouldn't get better. And then sell him next summer in any case and still get some decent money for him to invest it in a new forward, money from his sale along with both yearly budgets. Cause the club clearly isn't ready to sell him this year yet, and it's safe to assume that he'll be playing one way or the other until he's here. So fix all other areas, give Suarez a great midfield behind him, give him all the conditions to have a kick ass last season with us. Then sell him next summer. And we'd really only need 1 or maybe 2 new forwards by then, if we properly fixed all other areas this summer, and that would be perfect planning.

I just hope that we don't get Willian and/or Rabiot this summer. Go big for Kante or Eriksen, who would inject world class quality into our midfield right away, or go home and trust big in Arthur and Alena and De Jong from next year. Enough with these in between solutions, getting mediocre players like Gomes, Paco, Rabiot, Willian, still paying premium for them, and then getting rid of them with huge losses 2-3 years later, even though we all saw even from before we bought them, that they're not Barca quality and that they won't ever make it here, let it be from the lack of quality or attitude (Rabiot?) or wussy personality (Gomes lacks in both quality and personality actually) issues.

Last edited:

FC433

^As much as I want us to sell Suarez, I do not think it is smart to sell him now just yet. We do not have options on the market at all. Even if we want to get an unrealistic forward there are only two, Firmino and Mbappe.

Keeping Suarez is a great decision.

gregorrin10

^As much as I want us to sell Suarez, I do not think it is smart to sell him now just yet. We do not have options on the market at all. Even if we want to get an unrealistic forward there are only two, Firmino and Mbappe.

Keeping Suarez is a great decision.

Werner might be a solution, if he doesn't go to Bayern first. He's a great ST/LW kind of an attacker, he reminds me very much of Villa. In any case, i am content with us keeping Suarez for one more year, but keeping him after that (he'll be 33 next summer) is really pushing it, especially since he doesn't seem to take care of himself and is quite fat, to put in bluntly. So he'll be losing even more speed and agility at an even faster rate this season. So i think this should be his last one here.

And just fix the midfield and defense this summer. And i know that getting some big star like Kante or Eriksen is very unlikely, so I would be content with only getting FDJ alongside Arthur, just as long we don't do PSG a favor and overpay for a mediocre talent and a bad attitude, that is Rabiot, even if they are doing it to improve the relationship with them in hopes of landing Mbappe in a few years. Or even worse, replace one 30year old mediocre on a big wage in Paulinho with another in Willian, who would also limit Dembele's playing time.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
De Ligt would be very tough to get. In addition to Juve, Bayern might be interested in getting him this summer especially if they sell Boateng to PSG.

The same goes for Werner. There simply aren't that many CF/strikers available right now. Agreed that we will have to get someone in 2019.

FC433

^ I have not really watched Werner, but I do love German players' attitude. I think our interest in Willian is genuine, but I cannot see him coming because Chelsea will not be willing to let him go without a replacement. We actually offered about 40m for Di Maria last season, but PSG rejected the offer. We seem to target 30+ wingers and I have no idea why.

De Ligt would be very tough to get. In addition to Juve, Bayern might be interested in getting him this summer especially if they sell Boateng to PSG.

The same goes for Werner. There simply aren't that many CF/strikers available right now. Agreed that we will have to get someone in 2019.

I cannot see BM spending 40m+ again for a talent especially not for a CB. They have got Hummels, Süle, Martínez and Alaba who could play there. And also their new coach seems to like playing with three CBs.

I am only concerned that Madrid is going to go after him. They need a new CB I would assume. Spurs lost interest, does anybody know why?

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
^ I have not really watched Werner, but I do love German players' attitude. I think our interest in Willian is genuine, but I cannot see him coming because Chelsea will not be willing to let him go without a replacement. We actually offered about 40m for Di Maria last season, but PSG rejected the offer. We seem to target 30+ wingers and I have no idea why.

I cannot see BM spending 40m+ again for a talent especially not for a CB. They have got Hummels, Süle, Martínez and Alaba who could play there. And also their new coach seems to like playing with three CBs.

I am only concerned that Madrid is going to go after him. They need a new CB I would assume. Spurs lost interest, does anybody know why?

Martinez is a half-baked CB, Alaba has not played CB for a long time so I'd think it is natural that they would need another CB, especially if someone like Boateng leaves.

Givenchy

Werner isn't what we need, probably ever. Think the kid is a bit overrated too

I wont pretend i know all that much about him but he was awful at the world cup, most of the German team were shit though so not sure how much we can take away from that. i'd like to see us go with a tall, aerial threat forward

gsgosal

If buying Kante will make central defenders like ageing Morgan and Huth at Leicester look good he’s a must. But Arthur does have CDM attributes which may complicate these rumours or my wish I should say.

Hazard is playing at the top level now, been the World Cup Star by far. Real have lost Ronaldo and I’m sure both clubs will have bidding war. The quartet of Messi Coutinho Suárez and Hazard will be phenomenal. Absolutely phenomenal. Surrounded by the rest of the Barça stars of course

Home of Barca Fans