Barca Transfers and Rumors

mia7007

No for Gundogan. Great player but injured 50% of the season
Forget about Eriksen, will not pay 200m on him
Get De Light and De Jong and one WC midfielder Thiago/Pjanic/Kante/Verratti, the three should cost around 200m including Arthur
Sell Marlon, Rafinha, Gomes, Cillessen (buy another GK for 20m), Samper and loan Mina and Oriol. These sales should bring us around 120m including Delo and after deducting he 20m for the GK
Keep Munir, Denis and Alena as backup for the forward
Sell Rakitic or Paulinho if we got any offer after WC, better to sell them now when they have value rather than leaving for free or being unable to offload

Jombi

We dodged a bullet with Griezmann. Now is the time to focus on our midfield. And we signed Dembele for 150m. We have to give him chances even if his style isnt exactly what we need.

Givenchy

Thiago 60-70m - tell Pep Segura to go suck a dick, Thiago is possible and Bayern would probably accept a fair fee
De Ligt 40-50m - within 6months he would probably end up benching Pique, perfect for the future
Arthur 40-50m - unknown in Europe but once he settles in, Raki can gtfo

get a deal on Frankie de Jong for 2019 summer.

sell Marlon 15-20m, Gomes 25m+, Rafinha 30m and loan Yerry. promote Alena

I was thinking of lineups earlier and man does Suarez throw a big fucking spanner in the works.. I'd love to go with a front 3 of
Dembele-Messi-Coutinho with Thiago-Busi-Arthur behind but yeah..

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Coutinho is going to play up front I would bring both Thiago and Eriksen and have that as the midfield pair. De Jong from 2019, Arthur from January and Alena behind them.

That way you don't only get potentially great depth, but also an insurance against injuries(Thiago) + potential replacements for the duo I mentioned.

A great blend of youth and experience.

If Messi is going to play in the middle we have to play him as a false 9. There is no other way.

Either that or we wait it out with Suarez for another season and sign one midfielder with Coutinho as the AM.... I have nothing against the guy, but I want a return to a more fluid setup whether it's 4-3-3 / 4-1-4-1 or anything like that and I really don't see Rakitic as a starting midfielder for us anymore. We can do better, we should do better.

El Guaje

No for Gundogan. Great player but injured 50% of the season
Forget about Eriksen, will not pay 200m on him
Get De Light and De Jong and one WC midfielder Thiago/Pjanic/Kante/Verratti, the three should cost around 200m including Arthur
Sell Marlon, Rafinha, Gomes, Cillessen (buy another GK for 20m), Samper and loan Mina and Oriol. These sales should bring us around 120m including Delo and after deducting he 20m for the GK
Keep Munir, Denis and Alena as backup for the forward
Sell Rakitic or Paulinho if we got any offer after WC, better to sell them now when they have value rather than leaving for free or being unable to offload

There is no way Eriksen is gonna cost even near 200m because he has only 2 years left on his contract. Now that we didnt spend 100m on Griezmann, we can use that money + Rafinha or Gomes + some more money and it should be enough. Give them like 130m + Rafinha or Gomes.

M

MessiCam

Dost, De Jong, De Ligt and Thiago would be a great summer, IMO. We are not getting Eriksen.

Dost is a good option if you want a striker that's good in the air... Free transfer too.

I wouldn't sign him because aimless crosses into the box is not our style but there are some, like yourself, who want that. I'd much rather sign a forward who's more versatile.

M

MessiCam

There is no way Eriksen is gonna cost even near 200m because he has only 2 years left on his contract. Now that we didnt spend 100m on Griezmann, we can use that money + Rafinha or Gomes + some more money and it should be enough. Give them like 130m + Rafinha or Gomes.

130M + Rafinha + Gomes is damn near close to 200 M.

Clubs don't sell cheap when there is 2 years on the contract. They sell cheap only if they want to in the final year of the contract... Some clubs can be spiteful and would rather let a player leave on a free transfer than sell. Levy strikes me as one of those.

Catta

So you guys don't want Gundogan, but want Thiago. Gundogan on form is the closest thing to Xavi I have seen. The best thing to do would be to get both Gundogan and Thiago, each of them will be injured for half a season, so together they would make a complete player.

El Guaje

130M + Rafinha + Gomes is damn near close to 200 M.

Clubs don't sell cheap when there is 2 years on the contract. They sell cheap only if they want to in the final year of the contract... Some clubs can be spiteful and would rather let a player leave on a free transfer than sell. Levy strikes me as one of those.

One of Gomes and Rafinha, not both. Clubs are forced to sell cheaper if they dont want to sell for even less later on. Nobody will pay 200m for a player with 2 years left of his contract if they can get him for 100 or less 1 year later. And in this case we have 2 players they are interested in which most probably will make Levy more tempted to negotiate and settle for a fair deal.

Jombi

One of Gomes and Rafinha, not both. Clubs are forced to sell cheaper if they dont want to sell for even less later on. Nobody will pay 200m for a player with 2 years left of his contract if they can get him for 100 or less 1 year later. And in this case we have 2 players they are interested in which most probably will make Levy more tempted to negotiate and settle for a fair deal.

Player swaps almost never happen. So forget about that.

mc_lovin

Dont really mind if we get thiago or not. He surely has some redflags (injuries, leaving barcelona in the first place), which would justify in my opinion if the board stays back, but would be a decent addition. If not that leaves Eriksen as the only other "worldclass" midfield option... and Im not too fond of him - I really dont get what everybody else sees in him. I mean he surely is a good player, but far too expensive and doesnt exactly look like a midfield great (in my opinion) - hes just very good. Pjancic has the same problems.

I do believe that a midfield of Rakitic-Busquets-Coutinho is - besides the previously mentioned players - not upgradable (not a fan of Savic as well :D). For me that means you have to add depth via buying world class talents and let them suprise you aka Frenkie de Jong and Arthur (no half ass solutions like Gomes please). The thing I like about those two is that they look physically ready to compete at the highest level (in bleak comparison to Alena, whos just not there yet - and maybe never will). Are they mentally ready? Thats the big question mark, but for me its worth the gamble looking at the other options. Inconsistency shouldnt be a problem either, because Rakitic is still alright and Paulinho is a nice roleplayer to have.

2 of Arthur, de Jong and Thiago (in the summer) should be affordable while also fixing the other problems the squad has (1 centerback, 1 attacker).

The centerback position is pretty easy to strenghten (get Lenglet), that leaves the far bigger problem: we need 1 more good attacking option. Suarez needs competition (same thing as with Rakitic/the midfield situation really). The only(!) affordable worldclass option fell through (aka Griezmann), so who are potential targets? Ideally a goalscoring/inverted winger:

1) Martial? Not sure about him though he showed plenty of promise in monaco. Wouldnt mind him behind Suarez. Just 22years old, a change of scene would do him wonders I think.
2) Malcolm?! Would be my preference. I personally see something special in him and we made really good experiences with Ligue 1 players. Dont know if hes already off to Bayern(?), I hope not. Dont like that hes left footed, but Dembele should be flexibe enough to compensate for that.
3) Any other options? Cant really think of any.

Sooo long story short (aka my ideal squad):

Ter Stegen+2Backup keeper
Roerto/Semedo - Pique/Lenglet Umtiti/4th choice defender - Alba/Dinge
De Jong/Rakitic - Busquets/Paulinho - Coutinho/Arthur
Dembele - Messi - Suarez/Malcolm

-->21 players with honorable mentions to Denis, Alcacer and Alena. Rest (Gomes, Rafinha etc) should be gone.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So you guys don't want Gundogan, but want Thiago. Gundogan on form is the closest thing to Xavi I have seen. The best thing to do would be to get both Gundogan and Thiago, each of them will be injured for half a season, so together they would make a complete player.

He was. That Gundogan is no more after his back injury.

Home of Barca Fans