Barca Transfers and Rumors

opjeoff

30 million for Alcacer is insane. He's worth half that
So you're saying Alcacer is worth less than Bravo who is a 33 year old backup goalkeeper to be? 30million is this market for what Alcacer represents it amazing. He also has high resell value. In a market where defenders are worth 50, Alcacer for 30 seems like a steal to me.

opjeoff

Watching Munir in the last few matches, I don't think Alcacer is that better than him.. Munir and Arda can be good back up for MSN..

I very much disagree, Alcacer scored more goals last season than Munir has games in his career. Munir isn't on Alcacer's level. He isn't the goalscorer that Alcacer is and goes missing in games sometimes. If Munir wasn't a La Masia product we would have sent him on loan long ago. Munir is good but he needs to play more often, we can't have him freezing up in crucial game because he lacks game time. I don't trust Munir to lead the frontline while Alcacer has been leading Valencia for around 3 years.

gasgas

I very much disagree, Alcacer scored more goals last season than Munir has games in his career. Munir isn't on Alcacer's level. He isn't the goalscorer that Alcacer is and goes missing in games sometimes. If Munir wasn't a La Masia product we would have sent him on loan long ago. Munir is good but he needs to play more often, we can't have him freezing up in crucial game because he lacks game time. I don't trust Munir to lead the frontline while Alcacer has been leading Valencia for around 3 years.

How about goals per game ratio comparison between Munir and Paco
I think that would be more telling

Professor Chaos

What's the point of comparing Munir and Alcacer. One is sub and playing few games vs very weak opponents, other one is first attacker in good LaLiga club.

Chances of signing Paco is like 0,1%. We will have another season with Munir as Suarez backup. That means nothing again. Lucho sooner or later will give up on him and place him on the stands along with Douglas and Masip.

raskolnikov

What's the point of comparing Munir and Alcacer. One is sub and playing few games vs very weak opponents, other one is first attacker in good LaLiga club.

Chances of signing Paco is like 0,1%. We will have another season with Munir as Suarez backup. That means nothing again. Lucho sooner or later will give up on him and place him on the stands along with Douglas and Masip.
Or he develops in a solid back. He needs to play more. We need to rotate and sub msn every now and then if we dont want them to burn out again come april.

Raketa10

Robert Fernandez: "We are going to sign a forward. The options are on the table and we will take the most opportune decision.

"It will be before the start of the league season, that is our intention."

:stv171::stv171::stv171::stv171:

Zincubus

Banned

I'm wondering why such a good striker would come to Barca when he's unlikely to play that many matches ...

mark1nhu

Does Paco really make that much of a difference? We might as well get Pedro back then.

Please no.

He is a winger and the last thing we need is this forum melting down AGAIN because "true Barça fans" can't handle Pedro warming the bench for a player they secretly hate (image being the third option below two of them).

BarçaBarça

I'm wondering why such a good striker would come to Barca when he's unlikely to play that many matches ...

He will never play the CL-final, but I think most in here underestimate the amount of games necessary to rotate our squad properly. We have been incredibly lucky with very few injuries the last couple of years + to stay fresh even MSN will need more rest than last year. If we bought Nolito in January I'm sure Lucho would have benched MSN more..

Pablo Escobar

Yeah, he's only 22 and at Valencia what can he hope for? An Europa League run that nobody cares about?

At least if they would be title contenders he could be in the spotlight like Sevilla's players.

Home of Barca Fans