Barca Transfers and Rumors

George_Costanza

We are greatly weakening our squad for no profit. Thats the reality we have to deal with.

Weakening our squad? How? the GK position will be covered by MATS. You only need one goalkeeper the whole season and a backup keeper in case of injury.

Two WC Gkeepers never worked in any clubs before. Diego Lopez and Iker? Petr Cech and Courtois?..etc. Team's harmony and stability in the dressing room is more important than forcing a WC keeper to stay on the bench or sell for few more millions.

Icarium

Lifestealer
1. Samper will not play enough games as Busi backup to develop, no matter how confident he is.
2. Munir needs game time, he wont get enough with MSN here.
3. Alcacer is a better player than Munir, its not wasting money. If you can strengthen your team, you should.
4. Bravo wants to leave, he is pushing for a move because he wants to play regularly , its not the club thats driving him out.

However, the longer the transfer window goes on , the more I feel like Munir and Samper are going to stay and we will buy Cillessen as Bravo replacement. This is probably the least favourable outcome in my opinion.

I also feel that the reason nothing is happening , because Valencia are still deciding on what to do, the Mustafi deal to Arsenal still hasnt been closed so i feel like its more of a Valencia stalling on all outgoing transfers than them rejecting Alcacer to Barca.

1. Samper might get ahead of Masch and Roberto to be the main backup of Busi, I doubt it but if Lucho trusts the kid it will happen. It would be better to move on loan but if he wants to stay and fight we should do that.
2. We are trying to sign a young striker, seems ironic that Munir will not get it and the new kid will get it. Very good player will definitely not come to sit on bench, we will only get the mediocre or overrated players. So I would rather keep Munir instead of spending 30M or 45M if we believe the rumors regarding alcacer, plus he has improved a lot over last 2 seasons.
3. If we go by that logic we can sign lot more players and sell lot of our players. Good sports directors will know when to spend and when not to. Wait one more year and go for Dybala directly. Alcacer is decent but his potential is not as high as Dybala.
4. If he wants to leave, then we will let him leave. But definitely not without a good replacement and a decent price for him. We do enough charity as it is, sometimes players also have to respect the contract.

Ideal situation would be to send Samper on loan to a la liga club and convince Bravo to stay for one more season. No need to spend 40M on Alcacer. If he is available for 20M sure I would have loved to have him here, but signing him for 40M would be a waste, I don't think his potential is that high to replace Suarez in 2 years. And if he is just a backup spending that much doesn't make sense.

God Serena

Does he only want to leave for Man City? Has he stated that he wants to leave for lots of clubs or only City?

City are after all one of our biggest CL rivals. We shouldnt be weakening our own squad while strengthening theirs. Thats like the Ibra-Eto'o transfer all over again which gifted Inter the CL.

He specifically wants to leave for Man City. And since when are City one of our biggest CL rivals? They have never in their history been anything but a joke in the CL and every time we've played them we've disposed of them quite handily. Maybe you think Pep being there makes them threats but, come on now, we systematically demolished Pep the last time we met him in the CL and he had a Bayern squad that is much better than this current City side, just as Real Madrid had done the season before.

mazp

Does he only want to leave for Man City? Has he stated that he wants to leave for lots of clubs or only City?

City are after all one of our biggest CL rivals. We shouldnt be weakening our own squad while strengthening theirs. Thats like the Ibra-Eto'o transfer all over again which gifted Inter the CL.

Bravo wasn't even Peps first choice Mats was..

F

Flavia

Ofc he only wants to move to city. Where else would he go?

Nucky

MD saying it's done.. Cillessen will be comfirmed tomorrow.. Well I think for Copa he will be fine.. Ter Stegen will be the GK in UCL and La Liga matches..

khaled_a_d

Bravo stated nothing,he has been professional about the issue and didn't talk to the media.
But there is like 90% chance he only wants to leave to City,mainly because they are the only club that will go for him and let him get the number one spot.
No club in his right mind would pay 20M€/17M£ for a 33 years old GK ,but City really wants him and Bravo wants to join them. we are getting a good deal for him that makes him 4th most expensive GK in history
Too bad we aren't getting a bargain with Cillisen tbf . He isn't a bad GK but we are overpaying.
Who knows,may be Unzue will get the best out of him.

God Serena

If Lucho and Unzue want him I'm more than willing to reserve judgement. The Claudio Bravo that was brought in was nowhere near Barca level, and we all see how he turned out. I'm sure Unzue can get the best out of this guy and make him be the best that he can be.

Jombi

Bravo stated nothing,

So why do people claim he has said he wants to leave? If what you say is true, and he would rather stay at Barca instead of being a guaranteed no.1 somewhere other than City, we should just keep him.

This sounds like charity.

F

Flavia

So why do people claim he has said he wants to leave? If what you say is true, and he would rather stay at Barca instead of being a guaranteed no.1 somewhere other than City, we should just keep him.

He wouldn't be sold if he wanted to stay. And bringing cillessen just makes it even more obvious.

khaled_a_d

People didn't claim he said he wants to leave in public,but it is crystal clear he is forcing his way out of the club.
Bravo is very appreciated in the club whether it is the coach or the board, I highly doubt we will ever consider letting him go without him asking to leave.

Egert

Estonian Culé
So tomorrow will be the day we sell Bravo and sign Cillessen. MD saying that Bravo emptied his locker earlier today already.

Home of Barca Fans