Barca Transfers and Rumors

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Overpaying a bit there IMO.

Ah well, let's see how he'll do.

Imagine the banter if he becomes 1st choice :song:

Last edited:

gregorrin10

Now would be the absolute worst time to go after Luan...his good performances at the Olympics mean that his current club won't let him go under 30M for sure, and that is talking optimisticly...especially if that club is as big as Barca. He's not worth it. Much rather risk that 30M on a La Liga proven and home national Paco then or just trust Munir. Paco or no one for me.

Messi983

Sport is mentioning Rodrigo Caio and there were already rumours in the past week that we might look to add 5th CB because of injury concerns over Mathieu. I wonder if Robert and co. are really looking after him. I know it's only Olympics but I really like what I've seen from him. And Sevilla (Monchi) wants him too so that's always a good sign. Apparently his price is only 12M and according to TM he has Italian passport so he won't count against our non-EU quote. He can also play as DM. I like Marlon and think he could have a future here but we'd most likely have to replace both Mathieu and Masche over the next two seasons. Of course he'd probably prefer to go to Sevilla where he'll play more.

Yes, we are most likely after Luan or maybe Gabigol but it also wouldn't surprise me if we are seriously considering Caio as well.

BarçaBarça

Well, Robert really tried to get things done before league-start, but it couldn't be done.

Cillessen seems like an all right option, he is a good passer and has good reflexes 1on1, afaik. The price seems a little high, but maybe we cannot avoid that - I still believe we only should sell if Bravo insists, because we are not going to make notable money out of this deal. I have no strong feelings towards either Cillessen or Alves, main thing is that they aren't going to rebel against being 2nd-keeper.

I would rather that we go the whole hog with Alcacer and maybe fail than buy Luan, who imo would be a waste of money. Munir seems just as good plus he is a La Masia-product. We should only replace our own players if we are certain they are better or with much better potential, and I really can't see that with Luan. At the same time we aren't exactly swimming in cash, and therefore have to spend wisely.

Lastly, I like that we are looking at 5th CB-options. Marlon and Tarin could be options for the future, but next summer we might have to replace our starting CB Mascherano and the former first-sub Mathieu. Therefore we have to be in the market for new CB, so we don't make any panic-signings, when Mascherano executes his 'leave for free'-clause in his new contract :)p).

Last edited:

Jombi

Alcacer would be a waste of money. Lets hope we dodge that bullet. He's nothing special. Meaningless to get rid of Munir for him.

khaled_a_d

Sport is mentioning Rodrigo Caio and there were already rumours in the past week that we might look to add 5th CB because of injury concerns over Mathieu. I wonder if Robert and co. are really looking after him. I know it's only Olympics but I really like what I've seen from him. And Sevilla (Monchi) wants him too so that's always a good sign. Apparently his price is only 12M and according to TM he has Italian passport so he won't count against our non-EU quote. He can also play as DM. I like Marlon and think he could have a future here but we'd most likely have to replace both Mathieu and Masche over the next two seasons. Of course he'd probably prefer to go to Sevilla where he'll play more.

Yes, we are most likely after Luan or maybe Gabigol but it also wouldn't surprise me if we are seriously considering Caio as well.

We wanted Caio 2 years ago and he got injured so we decided to sign Douglas.But he was the player we wanted from the start and there is probably a very good scouting reports on him
AM & Valencia tried to sign him last year IIRC but failed medical
http://www.sport-english.com/en/new...edicals-rodrigo-caio-will-stay-brazil-4328839
Obviously when Barca,Valencia&AM tries to sign a player it is a good sign,may be if he is healthy and well recovered we should get him,but his situation gives me scary memories of Milito situation.

opjeoff

We have Pique, Masch, Umtiti, Marlboro man and Marlon - that's 5 players. If it's anything we need it would be a Digne for the right side and maybe a CF backup.

We have Digne for the right side, his name is Sergi Roberto. He may not be the second choice but he and Digne are both young prospect who should be trusted

USWAY

Cillessen is a great option. He's also entering his prime meaning his hunger to play will keep Ter Stegen on his toes. Much rather have that than a Reina or Alves who seem content on being second keeper and collecting trophies.

F

Flavia

We are greatly weakening our squad for no profit. Thats the reality we have to deal with.

No much to do when a player wants to leave. Keeping them against their will is not a good thing, anyway.

JamDav1982

We are greatly weakening our squad for no profit. Thats the reality we have to deal with.

Not greatly weakening as it wont be a direct replacement. Ter Stegen will most likely be No.1 in CL and League.

What do you suggest the club do? Keep Bravo against his will?

Are you saying Cillisen and Bravo will both be sold for same price?

Jombi

No much to do when a player wants to leave. Keeping them against their will is not a good thing, anyway.

Does he only want to leave for Man City? Has he stated that he wants to leave for lots of clubs or only City?

City are after all one of our biggest CL rivals. We shouldnt be weakening our own squad while strengthening theirs. Thats like the Ibra-Eto'o transfer all over again which gifted Inter the CL.

JamDav1982

Does he only want to leave for Man City? Has he stated that he wants to leave for lots of clubs or only City?

City are after all one of our biggest CL rivals. We shouldnt be weakening our own squad while strengthening theirs. Thats like the Ibra-Eto'o transfer all over again which gifted Inter the CL.

Only club it has been reported he has wants to go to is City.

Either there are no other clubs that want him or clubs that do that he doesnt want to go to.

Home of Barca Fans