Barca Transfers and Rumors

Barcilliant

Imagine Liverpool with Naby Keita in the midfield under Klopp.

I would go for Kante. We need a player who has a real engine and can cover alot of ground. Kante has speed and physicality too. Busquets and Rakitic simply cannot deal with the intensity of quick, aggressive midfields. We've seen this time and time again.

ab739

I think Nianggolan is a good midfielder has just too old at this point, but he's strong and knows how to hold on to the ball

Givenchy

meh we'll probably go into next season as

------------MaTS
----Bob-Pique-Umtiti-Alba
Griezmann-Raki-Busi-Coutinho
---------Suarez-Messi

Semedo and Dembele will be bench warmers as usual under EV. just writing those names down.. our team is so fucking slow, any team with pace and a physical midfield will bulldoze us so I'm expecting another mediocre CL campaign while we wait for Arthur.

edit: was meant to put Coutinho in place of Griezmann

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Coutinho on wing and Eriksen in midfield could work. Sometimes both can play in midfield depending on the opponent. Suarez could play a minimal role next season. No need to sign Griezman then. He can add more to the midfield that what Griezman adds to the attack. But getting him is challenging. A LB and a midfielder would be nice for next season.

Messi983

We were apparently interested in him in the past, I'm wondering if we are still considering him.

[tw]989436949340540930[/tw]

Nothanks

its hard to know what we really need..
if valverde is staying and iniesta is going we should go after a hard working left midfield (who would accept a substitute role to coutinho) assuming valverde sticks to his 4-4-2
if we want to back to 4-3-3 then we need a proper center mid

FCBfan22

Eriksen. That guy would solve so much in our midfield. And he can play a bit deeper than he plays at Tottenham IMO. He proved that to me in the TOT-MUN game. When they went behind, everybody went forward and he was basically left alone in the midfield to organise attacks. He was successful at that, but his teammates turned into absolute donkeys. His workrate is also incredible, he is quite physical too (1.82m) and can't be pushed off the ball easily. I would even go as far, to try and reach a deal with Atleti paying 50 this year for Griezmann and 50 next year and leaving him on load there for one more season (I know, they wouldn't accept), just to have the money to try to get Eriksen.

My dream team for next season (I know, low chances of it happening, but still...)
1st string:
--------------MATS----------------
Semedo----Pique---Umtiti---Alba
-------------Busquets--------------
----Eriksen-------------------------
---------------------Coutinho------
--------------Messi----------------
-Dembele-------------Griezmann-

And most importantly, when defending, we would look like this:

-----------------MATS------------------
---Semedo---Pique---Umtiti---Alba--
----Eriksen--Busquets--Coutinho-----
Dembele--------------------Griezmann
------------------------------------------
--------------Messi Walking------------

... which is much better than now.

2nd string:
--------------Cillesen----------------
Roberto--Mina---Vermaelen--Digne
---------------Rakitić---------------
----Arthur--------------------------
---------------------Paulinho-------
-Alena----------------------Denis*-
--------------Suarez----------------

*He already stated that he won't leave...

So, out: Deloufeu, Paco, Vidal, Rafinha, Gomes and maybe Munir.

Last edited:

stk93

Eriksen. That guy would solve so much in our midfield. And he can play a bit deeper than he plays at Tottenham IMO. He proved that to me in the TOT-MUN game. When they went behind, everybody went forward and he was basically left alone in the midfield to organise attacks. He was successful at that, but his teammates turned into absolute donkeys. His workrate is also incredible, he is quite physical too (1.82m) and can't be pushed off the ball easily. I would even go as far, to try and reach a deal with Atleti paying 50 this year for Griezmann and 50 next year and leaving him on load there for one more season (I know, they wouldn't accept), just to have the money to try to get Eriksen.

My dream team for next season (I know, low chances of it happening, but still...)
1st string:
--------------MATS----------------
Semedo----Pique---Umtiti---Alba
-------------Busquets--------------
----Eriksen-------------------------
---------------------Coutinho------
--------------Messi----------------
-Dembele-------------Griezmann-

And most importantly, when defending, we would look like this:

-----------------MATS------------------
---Semedo---Pique---Umtiti---Alba--
----Eriksen--Busquets--Coutinho-----
Dembele--------------------Griezmann
--------------Messi Walking------------

... which is much better than now.

2nd string:
--------------Cillesen----------------
Roberto--Mina---Vermaelen--Digne
---------------Rakitić---------------
----Arthur--------------------------
---------------------Paulinho-------
-Alena----------------------Denis*-
--------------Suarez----------------

*He already stated that he won't leave...

So, out: Deloufeu, Paco, Vidal, Gomes and maybe Munir.

+1!! maybe a suarez-martial exchange and keep paco/munir.

FCBfan22

+1!! maybe a suarez-martial exchange and keep paco/munir.

Suarez is staying so we can't do that. I think we could realisticly pull around 115-120 million from player sales.

Deloufeu: 15 million
Paco: 30 million (the EPL clubs are after him, we should milk that)
Rafinha: 30 million (was 35 million, Inter wants to reduce the price, so I think 30 is realistic)
Vidal: 10 million
Gomes: 20 million
Munir: 15 million
Marlon: 5 million
-------------------------------------------------------
A little bit optimistic prediction: 125 million euros.

Griezmann -100 million and that leaves us with 25 million + our summer transfer budget, which I believe is cca 60 million. Eriksen for 85-90?

The question is, how did we work the Arthur deal in our budget. If we already set money aside, I think Griezmann+Eriksen is doable this summer.

Home of Barca Fans