Barca Transfers and Rumors

Devils

How much money do we really have left to reinforce the squad? We have spent a truckload of money and with Griezmann also incoming, I doubt there is much left, especially for so-called "world class" players (players who play for filthy rich clubs that dont need to sell).

Liverpool have done very well without Coutinho indeed.

iirc our net spend over the entire fiscal year on transfers was ~100m mark. So nothing extraordinary and we should have a transfer fund this year.

Also doubt we will be paying much of the Coutinho and Dembele add ons at the end of the season, we'll start paying most of that next summer after both have had a full season.

FCBfan22

Which attacking/central midfielders should we go for? Everyone give one WC and one BBZ Horror (young talent).

For me, Eriksen and Aouar.

Jombi

iirc our net spend over the entire fiscal year on transfers was ~100m mark. So nothing extraordinary and we should have a transfer fund this year.

Also doubt we will be paying much of the Coutinho and Dembele add ons at the end of the season, we'll start paying most of that next summer after both have had a full season.

I dont think it works like that. The add-ons will be paid just like we are paying add-ons of former signings last summer even though we didnt sign them last summer. Do you really think we have money to splash on a massive superstar signing this summer apart from Griezmann? With 300m for Coutinho and Dembele alone plus Griezmann for 100m + taxes + signing on bonus, and getting knocked out early from the CL, it would surprise me if we are able to splash big this summer.

Devils

I dont think it works like that. The add-ons will be paid just like we are paying add-ons of former signings last summer even though we didnt sign them last summer. Do you really think we have money to splash on a massive superstar signing this summer apart from Griezmann? With 300m for Coutinho and Dembele alone plus Griezmann for 100m + taxes + signing on bonus, and getting knocked out early from the CL, it would surprise me if we are able to splash big this summer.

I'm pretty sure upfront it was 120m for Cou and 100m for Dembele so that's 220m.

And to answer your question, no don't think we will have enough money for another superstar. I think it will be Griezman and Arthur and that will be it.

Jombi

I'm pretty sure upfront it was 120m for Cou and 100m for Dembele so that's 220m.

And to answer your question, no don't think we will have enough money for another superstar. I think it will be Griezman and Arthur and that will be it.

Yeah, but those add-ons are just joke add-ons, like a handful of games played etc. They will be paid and is part of the price, just like the add-ons we paid last summer from signings 2 years ago. We also have to factor in the extremely expensive contracts we have, like Suarez, Messi and soon Griezmann etc. It also reduces our ability to act in the market. We have to hope Arthur will be a huge success.

Last edited:

DAMNit

Sell Umtiti, get a WC fast CB
Get a faster, stronger back up for Busquets.
Promote Alena
Sell a bunch of poor performing players, any of : Luis Suarez, Alcacer, Denis Suarez,Digne, Vidal,Gomes.....
Sell Suarez, get Griezman
Sell Digne
Promote Cucurella
Move Roberto back to the midfield
Allow Semedo play and develop confidence.
Really don't need new CM or AM. . .
Give Dembele and Coutinho more play time

FCBfan22

Sell Umtiti, get a WC fast CB
Get a faster, stronger back up for Busquets.
Promote Alena
Sell a bunch of poor performing players, any of : Luis Suarez, Alcacer, Denis Suarez,Digne, Vidal,Gomes.....
Sell Suarez, get Griezman
Sell Digne
Promote Cucurella
Move Roberto back to the midfield
Allow Semedo play and develop confidence.
Really don't need new CM or AM. . .
Give Dembele and Coutinho more play time

Yeah. Great. You just contradicted yourself. Iniesta is most likely leaving and the only good player we have there is Coutinho. Arthur is arriving in January and Alena won't be a miracle on two legs. Other attacking midfielders/CM's are utter trash (Denis, Gomes...).

SeloBarca

Get the Light and De Jong while their still relativly cheap.
A DM would have been nice, but cant think of any. Weigl?
Arthur would have been nice to get in the summer already.
Promote Alena, but only as backup to Coutinho.
Sell Gomes, Denis Suarez, Paco, Vidal, Digne, and players on loan.
Roberto only as benchplayer, not as midfielder.
Get a backup fullback.
Go back to 4-3-3

Semedo/Roberto/Backup fullback-Pique/De Ligt-Umtiti/De Ligt-Alba/Backup fullback
---------------------Busquetes/Weigl
----Arthur/Rakitic/De Jong---------Coutinho/Alena
-------------------Messi/Backup
---------Dembele/Suarez/Backup-------Griezmann/Suarez/Backup

FCBfan22

Get the Light and De Jong while their still relativly cheap.
A DM would have been nice, but cant think of any. Weigl?
Arthur would have been nice to get in the summer already.
Promote Alena, but only as backup to Coutinho.
Sell Gomes, Denis Suarez, Paco, Vidal, Digne, and players on loan.
Roberto only as benchplayer, not as midfielder.
Get a backup fullback.
Go back to 4-3-3

Semedo/Roberto/Backup fullback-Pique/De Ligt-Umtiti/De Ligt-Alba/Backup fullback
---------------------Busquetes/Weigl
----Arthur/Rakitic/De Jong---------Coutinho/Alena
-------------------Messi/Backup
---------Dembele/Suarez/Backup-------Griezmann/Suarez/Backup

I think the position where we have the least problems is DM. We have Busi, Rakitić and Oriol in the B team. Alena is more at home on the right, so Coutinho backup + Griezmann should be priorities.

PhilS

This year, the team has relied too much on some older players. New blood is needed for next season, which will be a transition year.

I don't think Iniesta has a significant role to play after this season. It seems wrong to ask him to play a smaller role with this team, so it would be best if he moves on, so he can cash in for one more big contract in a lessor league.

Busquets, well, he just is not fast enough these days. I don't know if he would be better playing fewer minutes, but he can no longer be automatic in the first 11.

Of course, the minutes played this year by Rakitic, Messi and Suarez have been way too much. I don't blame Valverde for this, the alternatives to these three have certainly proven that they are just not good enough. Griezman would provide the depth needed up front.

In midfield, I do hope that Coutinho, Dembele and S. Roberto can hold down bigger roles next year. I think they will. But Barca still needs to add at least one more top-level midfielder. I don't know whom, but no one tiny or unable to play excellent defense, please.

If S. Roberto plays a lot in midfield next season, more depth is needed at RB. For depth on the back line, I would keep Verm and Digne. Let Mina go somewhere where he can get on the field. Bring in someone who can cover both RB and CB. Go with 3 CBs and 2 combo CB/FBs.

SeloBarca

I think the position where we have the least problems is DM. We have Busi, Rakitić and Oriol in the B team. Alena is more at home on the right, so Coutinho backup + Griezmann should be priorities.

Cucurella would be a nice backup LAM/LW yes
Oriol as DM backup aswell

FCBfan22

Maybe, just maybe we should try our luck with Miralem Pjanić. He is Messi fanboy #1 and would probably give up everything to play alongside him.

But I'm very doubtful that Juve would sell.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No point buying De Light and promoting younger players as long as Valverde is still in charge. Bench warmers they will be.

Messi91

Maybe, just maybe we should try our luck with Miralem Pjanić. He is Messi fanboy #1 and would probably give up everything to play alongside him.

But I'm very doubtful that Juve would sell.

Excellent player.

If I could choose any midfielder's for us to try and sign it would be Rabiot or Verratti and Aranguiz.

Home of Barca Fans