Barca Transfers and Rumors

Trafalgar

I wish could spend that 100m on pogba, we will have a dream midfield : Pogba, Iniesta, Arthur, Busquets, Paulinho, Rakitic

Cule4life

The Culest
I wish could spend that 100m on pogba, we will have a dream midfield : Pogba, Iniesta, Arthur, Busquets, Paulinho, Rakitic

407.gif

Barcilliant

Pogba would / could be amazing for us ..

Why do we need Griezmann anyways given we have Messi / Coutinho/ Suarez /Dembele already

This.

Pogba on loan would be interesting. A dynamic, physical midfielder would be helpful.

Where the fuck is Griezmann going to play? He is the main man at AM but he plays behind the main striker. Basically the same position as Messi.

SeloBarca

Griezmann is world class, maybe even top 5, but im also wondering a bit where hell play.
too many cooks spoil the broth

BarçaBarça

Griezmann is world class, maybe even top 5, but im also wondering a bit where hell play.
too many cooks spoil the broth

People commonly favours that we buy young centerbacks – “so we are set for the next decade” – but when one single overlapping season with two world-class strikers is a possibility it is rejected as nonsense. I don’t see it as a Real-like galactico-strategy, imo it is planning ahead. And I will bet almost anything that if Suarez plays 2/3 of next season like he did ½ of this season most in this forum will call for his head and splash new CF-names all over the place (who for all we know could cost double the amount of Griezmann by that time).

By getting Griezmann now, we get him to blend in over the course of next season and most likely replace an old and rusty Suarez by from next season onwards. That is what I call great business, when the market is insane, world-class CFs are rare and the utilization of Messis last years at the club is at stake.

We simply can’t afford (financially and in terms of utilizing Messi) to react retrospectively when Suarez has undoubtedly decline. We need to move before the fact, and especially given this golden opportunity, where a WC-striker and proven goalscorer, sure starter in of one of the worlds best national teams, in his prime, with the potential to utilize more of his talent in a attacking-minded team wants to come to us for a bargain price.

Barcilliant

People commonly favours that we buy young centerbacks – “so we are set for the next decade” – but when one single overlapping season with two world-class strikers is a possibility it is rejected as nonsense. I don’t see it as a Real-like galactico-strategy, imo it is planning ahead. And I will bet almost anything that if Suarez plays 2/3 of next season like he did ½ of this season most in this forum will call for his head and splash new CF-names all over the place (who for all we know could cost double the amount of Griezmann by that time).

By getting Griezmann now, we get him to blend in over the course of next season and most likely replace an old and rusty Suarez by from next season onwards. That is what I call great business, when the market is insane, world-class CFs are rare and the utilization of Messis last years at the club is at stake.

We simply can’t afford (financially and in terms of utilizing Messi) to react retrospectively when Suarez has undoubtedly decline. We need to move before the fact, and especially given this golden opportunity, where a WC-striker and proven goalscorer, sure starter in of one of the worlds best national teams, in his prime, with the potential to utilize more of his talent in a attacking-minded team wants to come to us for a bargain price.

Why are we getting Griezmann though? Get a strong, physical cf. I'm tired of the midgets in our team. Why can't we get Timo Werner or someone similar?

In midfield I'd like us to get someone like Fabinho or maybe Pogba on loan. We also need a left back and probably a cb.

Messi983

Where are you getting those ideas about Pogba or Fabinho joining on loan? :lol:

I like Werner but he'd probably also cost close to 100M in todays market playing for a rich club like Leipzig who doesn't want and need to sell and he's far less proven than Griezmann who I think will also be much more compatible with Suarez (until he's here).

Good post.

At first I was sceptical about Griezmann because I was worried that it could be an offensive overkill but the more I think about that more I like the idea of him joining. Messi and Suarez are over 30, Dembele is still developing and Coutinho will play mostly in midfield with Iniesta potentially leaving. There will be injuries, suspensions, drop of form,... so I think they would all get their minutes.

Barcilliant

Where are you getting those ideas about Pogba or Fabinho joining on loan? :lol:

I like Werner but he'd probably also cost close to 100M in todays market playing for a rich club like Leipzig who doesn't want and need to sell and he's far less proven than Griezmann who I think will also be much more compatible with Suarez (until he's here).

Good post.

At first I was sceptical about Griezmann because I was worried that it could be an offensive overkill but the more I think about that more I like the idea of him joining. Messi and Suarez are over 30, Dembele is still developing and Coutinho will play mostly in midfield with Iniesta potentially leaving. There will be injuries, suspensions, drop of form,... so I think they would all get their minutes.

Where's the harm in getting Pogba or Fabinho? Fabinho is the more versatile player but a midfield of Coutinho, Pogba, Rakitic and Busquets would be beast.

FCBfan22

Pogba is nowhere good enough to play here. I watched the Russia-France game and while he scored a FK and provided an assist (which was one of his few forward passes), he did none of the things that are required from a Barca midfielder. I'd even say that Rakitić is better at the moment.

Pogba is nowhere good enough to play here. I watched the Russia-France game and while he scored a FK and provided an assist (which was one of his few forward passes), he did none of the things that are required from a Barca midfielder. I'd even say that Rakitić is better at the moment.

It's sad to see the immense disrespect Rocketic is getting from Barca fans despite being one of the best tactically defensive midfielders in the world while also scoring stunners in crucial games.

With respect to Pogba, he can't defend worse than Paulinho. Can he?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans