Barca Transfers and Rumors

Sorin

We're not an oil club. We can't afford and frankly we don't need Mbappe.

Never in my post have I said that we should buy him. And even if we're not an oil club, if the price is reasonable, why not. His contract is going to expire after 4 years. Maybe he won't want to continue with PSG. If it comes to that we should absolutely be in for him. Granted, we should only be in for him if he continues to meet expectations.

On your second point, we don't need him now but in 4 years Suarez will be long gone, Messi will be 35 and he's not even playing the same position and depending what we do with Griezmann this summer we may have, or not, a 31 year Griezmann. Unless you propose to play with academy strikers only, we will need to break the bank for a world class one in the near future. Maybe that will be Mbappe, maybe it will be someone else, doesn't exclude the fact that we should look at him if he becomes available.

Last edited:

serghei

Never in my post have I said that we should buy him. And even if we're not an oil club, if the price is reasonable, why not. His contract is going to expire after 4 years. Maybe he won't want to continue with PSG. If it comes to that we should absolutely be in for him. Granted, we should only be in for him if he continues to meet expectations.

On your second point, we don't need him now but in 4 years Suarez will be long gone, Messi will be 35 and he's not even playing the same position and depending what we do with Griezmann this summer we may have, or not, a 31 year Griezmann. Unless you propose to play with academy strikers only, we will need to break the bank for a world class one in the near future. Maybe that will be Mbappe, maybe it will be someone else, doesn't exclude the fact that we should look at him if he becomes available.

PSG will throw so much money at him and his family, that he'll renew soon. And if he is on a contract with them signing him for a reasonable fee is impossible. The world doesn't begin and end with Mbappe. Sane already had a better season and there's no way to know if he won't actually be better than Mbappe. And he cost 60m.

Mbappe is a top player, but people got way ahead of themselves. He is no Messi or brazilian Ronaldo. Get real. He is a top talent and that's it. Didn't do anything vs Madrid. Barely noticed him. Just because he scores 3 goals vs Gijon or whatever, doesn't mean he'll do that vs top teams. Mbappe is not playing as a striker btw. He is playing on the wing, both for PSG and France. We have Dembele who is the same age as him and they play in the same position almost. And we have Coutinho on the left, who is 25. So, you see, we don't actually need him in the next 4-5 years. We have our own 20 years old wonderkid and we'd do best to develop him the right way.

Getting Griezmann sets us up for some good years.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

The story trending suggests that we have agreed to back off from negotiations with Griezmann as they want to keep him ?!?!?!!

They want that, so that basically means we won't be able to pay in installments. We can still pay the clause if Griezmann wants to join.

BarçaBarça

��Barça want to pay more than €100m for Griezmann to keep friendly relations with Atlético - SPORT

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

I think it is explained in the article: To pay the release-clause means you must pay all at once + some taxes, while a transfer-fee can be in installations + with much less taxes.
That means: If we agree on a fee (like Bayern did with us with Thiago) it will be win-win for both parties.

Givenchy

The story trending suggests that we have agreed to back off from negotiations with Griezmann as they want to keep him ?!?!?!!

Griezmann to Barca is already a done deal, chill

I'd prefer we do pull out though and look at other options as i have no idea how we fit Suarez, Messi, Dembele, Coutinho and Griezmann into a formation

Zinedinho

I think it is explained in the article: To pay the release-clause means you must pay all at once + some taxes, while a transfer-fee can be in installations + with much less taxes.
That means: If we agree on a fee (like Bayern did with us with Thiago) it will be win-win for both parties.

If that's mentioned in the article, they're clueless. There are no taxes in the Spanish release clauses. The whole 'let's pay more' makes no sense.

FCBfan22

There are taxes. That's why Nasser wanted to arrange last minute transfer for NeyNey, but Barto told him to fuck off.

ASordidGod

If that's mentioned in the article, they're clueless. There are no taxes in the Spanish release clauses. The whole 'let's pay more' makes no sense.

Not sure about the taxes aspect, but as far as I understand, release clauses are paid as a lump sum, whereas conventional transfers tend to be paid in instalments. In which case it might make sense to pay a little more over a longer length of time, managing the payments kind of thing.

booge

Jese- Messi will love playing with Greizman lol. Short intricate passing.

Will be like Xavi Iniesia, Messi. But this time Busquets, Messi, Griezman. Could do with another guy in the middle.

I think a strong Barca is when they control midfield. I think the fans like this. And when I mean control I mean pass the crap and demoralize the hell out of teams.

That's the kinda Barca I am missing,

Home of Barca Fans