Barca Transfers and Rumors

JamDav1982

He's had some real good games and loads of great spells . It's difficult to look good in this ManU team who are not playing well ...

They are not playing all that well as likes of Pogba have been poor recently.

He looks like he doesnt want to defend half the time.

Co0ter

He hasn't lived up to his potential. He's not a kid anymore and entering his prime, same for Neymar. United have spent tons of money on players, he has quality around him. When you're supposed to be the big boy you need to make an impact, not have 1 really good game every 4-5 matches.

PhilS

He hasn't lived up to his potential. He's not a kid anymore and entering his prime, same for Neymar. United have spent tons of money on players, he has quality around him. When you're supposed to be the big boy you need to make an impact, not have 1 really good game every 4-5 matches.

Um, no, not like Neymar. I know that there are a lot of broken hearts sine Neymar jilted Barca, but Pogba has not been the quality of player of Neymar. You can say that Neymar should be even better than he is. But as he is is extremely good, a truly dominant player, a nightmare for any defense. Pogba, only sometimes.

Givenchy

Um, no, not like Neymar. I know that there are a lot of broken hearts sine Neymar jilted Barca, but Pogba has not been the quality of player of Neymar. You can say that Neymar should be even better than he is. But as he is is extremely good, a truly dominant player, a nightmare for any defense. Pogba, only sometimes.

correct, Neymar has proven himself time and time again of the big stage. Pogba goes missing in every big game I've seen him and the whole 'potential' thing is becoming an excuse. Coutinho will be the better player eventually and Arthur will be a better fit for us

khaled_a_d

He compared both in being at their primes and not just kids. Not there level
And this is true, they are 25 (almost) and 26 right now

Nothanks

So any more rumors on iniesta potentially leaving us?
i see us having many issues if he does, coutinho will be starter no doubt but his backup??

Messi983

[tw]968609564487806977[/tw]

Says Fabian Ruiz and F. De Jong are our midfield options and one of them will come this summer if we can complete outgoing transfers (probably Gomes, Denis, Rafinha, Vidal, Deulofeu, Paco... to get enough money to invest after probably already spending 130M on Griezmann and Arthur) successfully. If not we'll buy and leave player we'd buy on loan until 2019.

With Arthur on his way and Alena promoted don't really see this happening but wouldn't mind getting either one of them even if we would let him on loan at Betis/Ajax so he could play regularly. And then in 2019 if/when Paulinho, Iniesta or Raki could leave we would have some open spots in midfield and could bring him back.

wisconsincule

[tw]968609564487806977[/tw]

Says Fabian Ruiz and F. De Jong are our midfield options and one of them will come this summer if we can complete outgoing transfers (probably Gomes, Denis, Rafinha, Vidal, Deulofeu, Paco... to get enough money to invest after probably already spending 130M on Griezmann and Arthur) successfully. If not we'll buy and leave player we'd buy on loan until 2019.

With Arthur on his way and Alena promoted don't really see this happening but wouldn't mind getting either one of them even if we would let him on loan at Betis/Ajax so he could play regularly. And then in 2019 if/when Paulinho, Iniesta or Raki could leave we would have some open spots in midfield and could bring him back.

This would be ideal. Have we ever bought someone and immediately loaned them back for the year? Something Real should have done with Ceballos.

gr98

If I was Bartomeu I'd get rid of Gomes, Denis, Paulinho, Vidal and maybe Rakitic then sign de Jong, Arthur, Fabian Ruiz, Griezmann and promote Alena.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If I was Bartomeu I'd get rid of Gomes, Denis, Paulinho, Vidal and maybe Rakitic then sign de Jong, Arthur, Fabian Ruiz, Griezmann and promote Alena.

That might be an overkill, especially with Rakitic not going anywhere until at least the end of the 2019 season, if not until 2020. I would sign either Fabian Ruiz or de Jong in 2019 depending on who impress the most next season and the type of midfielder we'd need.

Nothanks

no one can really replace rakitic right now (in our squad), next in line for the cm next to busquets is sergi roberto and even then it's a small downgrade.
and the players were linked to are still unproven and in my opinion still downgrades to rakitic.

Riordon

I really like Fabian Ruiz. Very good against Levante last round again. But I like Frenkie too. 30m for Fabian Ruiz is a bargain though. But its difficult to choose between them. I would sign one of them this season and the other one next season. By 2019 I believe Iniesta will retire and Rakitic won't be here anymore. Gomes, Denis Suarez and Vidal need to be sold. And Coutinho is a winger. Paulinho can't perform as a midfielder for us.

IMO there is room for both. Fabian Ruiz has performed good against the best sides of La Liga, won't be sad to miss out on him for just 30m.

Last edited:

PhilS

The only two on the current squad who have to leave this summer are D. Suarez and Paco. Valverde is done with them, time to try some new blood.

Others, maybe they should go, depends mainly on their frame of mind given their lack of playing time. Such as Gomes, maybe Digne.

Unless any of the more-used players leave, the only essential pickup I see the next summer is a forward who Valverde would be willing to play to spell Messi and Suarez. This is a very tough job to hire for, since the chances are very high of getting close to zero playing time. The 4-4-2 is here to stay. Messi and Suarez rarely get hurt, and they have proven they do not tire despite playing way too many minutes. Who has the confidence to come into this squad and expect to beat out one of these guys?

Home of Barca Fans