Barca Transfers and Rumors

Galning

Are we seriously still discussing the Ibra transfer? :D
I'm more worried by the fact that we paid 140M and got Andre Gomes, Paco, Paulinho & Arda Turan in return.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ibra isn't even the best Scandinavian player, let alone one of the best in history.

There's a certain Michael Laudrup from Denmark that also played for Barça that holds that.

Zincubus

Banned
Ibra isn't even the best Scandinavian player, let alone one of the best in history.

There's a certain Michael Laudrup from Denmark that also played for Barça that holds that.

Never said he was THE best ever anything ...

He is (or probably was) a great player and amazingly entertaining, but not close to the best ever and pretty fucking far off of being one the most successful ever.

How on earth can he be " far off being one of the most successful players ?"

Have how any idea how many league titles he's won , in many different countries !?!?

How are you judging successful incidentally ??

Last edited:

Trickykid

How on earth can he be " far off being one of the most successful players ?"

Have how any idea how many league titles he's won , in many different countries !?!?

How are you judging successful incidentally ??

You can't possibly label him as one of the most succesful ever with zero ChL titles under his belt. Arbitrary and unfair perhaps, but he's been part of way too many good teams to not win the title and still be called one of the most successful ever.

And please don't make the Messi/WC analogy. Apples and oranges...

Man, i really liked Manu Trigueros every time I see him play.

Do you think that he is on "Barca level"?

Him or that guy Artur + Coutinho in summer, And Tah or Gimenez in January :)

FCBfan22

Our squad players pecking order, right now IMHO:

Sell ASAP:
Arda Turan
Andre Gomes
Gerard Deulofeu

Sell if the offer is right:
Denis Suarez
Aleix Vidal
Rafinha

Want to leave:
Javier Mascherano
Thomas Vermaelen

If we sell the 3 in the sell ASAP category in January, I would replace them with:

Arda: does not need replacing, he isn't a footballer anymore.
Gomes: bring Arthur.
Deulofeu: promote Arnaiz from the B team, he has shown more than mr. Extrem Dance.

We would also need to buy Mache replacement in January. An European player.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Our squad players pecking order, right now IMHO:

Sell ASAP:
Arda Turan
Andre Gomes
Gerard Deulofeu

Sell if the offer is right:
Denis Suarez
Aleix Vidal
Rafinha

Want to leave:
Javier Mascherano
Thomas Vermaelen

Why wouldn't you sell Vidal? He is not a winger, he is not a defenseman, he is nothing. Just sell him to whoever wants to buy him.

I wouldn't sell Rafinha at this point. It's better to gamble with him and hope he gains his form. We would be selling at a terrible price(same as his brother, fail..)¨

Who's going to replace these players, though? We need someone coming back for them. We need depth after all.

FCBfan22

I edited the previous post.

Turan doesn't need replacing, he brings nothing to the team.
Andre Gomes should be replaced by Arthur.
Deulofeu should be replaced by Arnaiz, who should be promoted from the B team.

Regearding Vidal, he apparently has some offers from Italy, so selling him shouldn't be a problem.

Another thing, what are some good CB's from La Liga with release clauses within 20-40 million? We should be looking at those to replace Masche, along with Tah, De Ligt and Upomecano.

Gaudi

We need to buy quality and sell many of those who are just quantity. So it's not easy (thanks to years of dreadfull decisions) but we need top midfielder like Coutinho and can live with great potential if Arthur is that one (haven't seen him). Than we should add our top prospects like Alena and sell many of those written above. Having said that, if we do that now we still can not relax as se need to start looking for attackers for the future.

Riordon

Lets just hope we bring some offensive quality in January otherwise we are going to struggle big time against Chelsea. Our attack right now relies heavily on Messi, way more than under Pep and Lucho. Malcom is still my preferred choice to reinforce the attack.

M

MessiCam

We need to buy quality and sell many of those who are just quantity. So it's not easy (thanks to years of dreadfull decisions) but we need top midfielder like Coutinho and can live with great potential if Arthur is that one (haven't seen him). Than we should add our top prospects like Alena and sell many of those written above. Having said that, if we do that now we still can not relax as se need to start looking for attackers for the future.
http://footballia.net/players/arthur-henrique-ramos-de-oliveira-melo

For those who haven’t seen Arthur. Signup and watch. He’s not starter material yet but you won’t be disappointed.

Ritchie

We keep signing average squad players which is what La Masia should be for if it's fit for purpose (Digne, Paco, Marlon, Denis Suarez, Vidal). Even then the likes of Rafinha and Deulofeu aren't good enough either.

All La Masia has really produced for several years now is Sergi Roberto. Although Grimaldo and Bellerin at full back would be good back up.

FCBfan22

I think the next player from La Masia that could potentialy surprise us is Oriol Busquets. Under the guidance of Sergio, he has all the potential to develop into a beast DM.

stk93

people here want to pay 50m for arthur... who the f*ck is arthur to worth 50m? in 39 matches he had 1 goal and 1 assist in brazil. i mean 1 year ago 100m for pogba was to much but 50m for a nonamer from brazil is ok? he is like douglas atm, nothing less nothing more. he can be better in future but now you can compare him to douglas (and pay 50m l0l).

btw kovacic had a 50m clause aswell...

Home of Barca Fans