Barca Transfers and Rumors

raskolnikov

He wasnt at Barca level at that point and a lot of them get talked about as being Barca level.

Vertonghen is another one that is a good enough player but nothing amazing.
Yeah, obviously a player coming from the eredivisie isnt a barca starter to begin with but sometimes the talent is obviously there and its so low risk high potential reward that its worth the gamble. As Milan did in the past if you can get a quality player for free or very low fee its worth it imo.

Take fir example affelay. We brought him for 3m in the winter a d the only great thing he has done was that Messi assist but it was stilla good transfer since he was one of the best players in the league and was young with potential. Unfortunately he never became great but it seemed like a good transfer at the time. On the flipside a guy like Arda was a bad transfer from the start.

Looking at the present a transfer like goretzka for free or Özil for 20m when he jeeps the wages realistic is a solid 3 year creativity boost to help us challange for cl. If it was up to me I would get him and Alexis for a 50m package deal.

Another possibility is these first dibs clauses like we had with Saul and that guy from Santos. If we could get one of those with de ligt it would be great. He is 18 and needs to develop more at Ajax for atleast 3 more years. If we get him now it would be 40+ mil and he might drown in barca b which seems like a waste.

Another Ajax gem is Dolberg by the way, struggling at the moment but has the porential to be a barca starter one day imo.
Only reason im not a fan of these buy + loan chelsea type transfers is vecause I think it will further ruin smaller clubs and competitiond making the gap bigger (eventhough European super league already seems inevitable).

Riordon

In the long run we can't just focus on buying already established stars at top clubs or +30 year old players. Its not a healthy economic solution. We should always thrive for players that are playing for smaller team but are performing at a high level. This doesn't mean we should buy every talent out there after a few good games. We should buy extraordinary talents that already at a young age are performing at a constantly high level. Mbappe's run in the CL was tremendous. Isco's for Malaga the same. Or even Dembele for Dortmund. These are the type of players we should focus on while they are available and cheap. We really that rethinking the way we are dealing with the transfermarket.

Last edited:

Riordon

The lack of quality in our attack is huge. Buying Griezmann isn't enough. Suarez is finished, Deulofeu and Paco are nowhere good enough. Our squad need a overhaul, too much mediocrity and declining players. Messi and Dembele are the only quality players in our attack.

LaPulga

Let’s hope in winter market they offload at least 3players, 1/2 incoming would also be necessary.

Offloading more important than incoming it seems, can’t believe with the quality of some of our players, we block the promotion of Alena and De Gallareta for example

Last edited:

Riordon

Let’s hope in winter market they offload at least 3players, 1/2 incoming would also be necessary.

Offloading more important than incoming it seems, can’t believe with the quality of some of our players, we block the promotion of Alena and De Gallareta for example

Our attack is in dire need of both quality and depth as Messi and Dembele are the only worthy options right now. I think we need at least two players to reinforce the attack.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Verminator just proved to doubters he's a solid backup. So please, focus on getting a forward this winter.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Verminator just proved to doubters he's a solid backup. So please, focus on getting a forward this winter.

This is just paper talk. I doubt we'll sign anyone.

Segura and Robert should have been sacked after they fucked up the summer transfer window. You rarely see proper, big moves happening in January.

If we want to sign someone, it gotta be a talent that isn't hyped to the max yet, and plays in Ligue 1 I think. Or a senior forward we can use for 6 months.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
This is just paper talk. I doubt we'll sign anyone.

Segura and Robert should have been sacked after they fucked up the summer transfer window. You rarely see proper, big moves happening in January.

If we want to sign someone, it gotta be a talent that isn't hyped to the max yet, and plays in Ligue 1 I think. Or a senior forward we can use for 6 months.

Now that Messi signed and we are in a big lead.. yes. It seems unlikely we will spend big. One can hope though.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Now that Messi signed and we are in a big lead.. yes. It seems unlikely we will spend big. One can hope though.

Could if we offload some players. Arda as good as gone already. Sell the ones we don't need or use, or get them off the payroll.

Reminds me, there was a study conducted recently and Barcelona got the highest wage bill in Football followed by PSG and then Real Madrid, and look at our team. Half of it is full of players that shouldn't even be here.

Riordon

Could if we offload some players. Arda as good as gone already. Sell the ones we don't need or use, or get them off the payroll.

Reminds me, there was a study conducted recently and Barcelona got the highest wage bill in Football followed by PSG and then Real Madrid, and look at our team. Half of it is full of players that shouldn't even be here.

Really a bad record, considering our team isn't better than theirs player for player. We need to get rid of the mediocrity as soon as possible and replace them with young quality players. Our board is trying to get more ageing and declining players on huge wages.

mia7007

Sell Arda, Rafinha, Gomes, promote Alena and use Roberto as midfield
GK: Stegen, Cilessen
DC: Pique, Umtiti, Masche, Vermaelen
DR: Semedo, Vidal (may be sold if we can get higher wuality DR)
DL: Alba, Digne
CM: Busi, Paulinho, Roberto, Iniesta, Alena, Raki (can be offloaded if we can get a higher quality mid)
Wings: Dembele, Deloufeu, Denis (may be loaned or sold)
Messi
ST: Suárez, Alcacer (need someone like Werner to be threat for Suárez, he will keep playing whatever bad he is)

Riordon

With the level and age of the majority of our players we could easily use 6 new players, two players to the defensive, midfield and attack. The attack is really bad, our only good options are Messi and Dembele, two players for three positions. Look at City and PSG, they have squads completely stacked with quality, the majority brought for reasonable prices.

We have lots of business to do, hopefully our board realises this and start already in January. There are some good, relatively cheap options in the Bundesliga and Ligue 1.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans