Barca Transfers and Rumors

Zincubus

Banned
I hope we can land both but i don't think we'll be able to get Coutinho. don't get me wrong Barca are likely his dream club but i dont see him doing the dirty on liverpool to force a transfer. I'd take a potential worldclass midfielder+Griezmann right now as we need to sort CB out if Masch is leaving

Philippe Coutinho scored and created a goal against Southampton and now has 31 assists, the third highest number of assists for the Reds in Premier League history. Only Steven Gerrard (92) and Steve McManaman (58) have more than the Brazilian.

Messi983

DPIBna3UIAA1hbO.jpg

:w000t::w000t::w000t:

M

MessiCam

I for the life of me can't fathom, other than the age factor and dribbling, why Coutinho is preferred over Ozil.

As a midfielder Ozil whoops Coutinho and at 20 Million on short term deal it's good business.

I don't know about that, when I watched Ozil play for Arsenal on the weekend against Spurs he looked a lot heavier than 20 kilos. Unless we plan on starving him before we buy him, which makes zero sense as it would make him ineffective.

M

MessiCam

I don't know about that, when I watched Ozil play for Arsenal on the weekend against Spurs he looked a lot heavier than 20 kilos. Unless we plan on starving him before we buy him, which makes zero sense as it would make him ineffective.

Winner!

wisconsincule

Signing Özil to a short contract would be great business. Could come in, play the champions league and give us the creative spark we need. It makes too much sense which is why it won’t happen.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I for the life of me can't fathom, other than the age factor and dribbling, why Coutinho is preferred over Ozil.

As a midfielder Ozil whoops Coutinho and at 20 Million on short term deal it's good business.

Have you learned nothing from the Arda debacle?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Can you read?

Yes.

Can you?

Let me break it down for you.

1. Almost 30 years old in a team already struggling with ageing players

2. Very high salary, easily among the top 5 paid if he comes

3. Plays his best behind a striker, in the same spaces Messi in his current role wanders in

4. Not the best of work rates or stamina in the World and can have troubles just like Cesc had when the shove comes to push

5. Did I mention his age? You want us to bring a guy like that over a much younger player, a more agile player, a more fast player, a better dribbler with far better work rate in a midfield begging for all that?

Last edited:

FCBfan22

Please no Ozil.

PS If we are looking for someone who does what he wants and has strange eyes, we might as well buy a lemur. At least it would be cheaper.

Home of Barca Fans