Barca Transfers and Rumors

gasgas

Because in theory in a 4-3-3 offensive animation your DM becomes a makeshift centre back and your original CB’s become your wing backs. It’s easier make clearances on a counter attack and give throw ins instead of corners when your dominant foot is the flank you play on.

But yeah, there is no steadfast rule.

But then we have managed with right footed LCBs for years

All the trebles we won, were without a starter left footed LCB

The obsession with left footed LCBs is quite recent

M

MessiCam

But then we have managed with right footed LCBs for years

All the trebles we won, were without a starter left footed LCB

The obsession with left footed LCBs is quite recent

There’s no steadfast rule regarding it. Sometimes it’s just luck that you end up with opposite footed world class centre backs.

Nothanks

I don't have a problem with left footed cbs in the left and right footed on the right

there's slight logic behind it and if two players are incomparable might as-well let that be a deciding factor if thats the case.

Nothanks

It's hard to rank what we need most

CB's
Iniesta replacement
Rakitic replacement
Striker to replace suarez
LW?
RB backup?

khaled_a_d

Striker to replace suarez
LW?

I think those are kind the same for us, we need to get one

RB backup?

Semedo and Roberto are great RB for us. it took people 4 years to stop ranting about "Mascherano isn't CB' but hopefully it will be less with "Roberto isn't RB"

It's hard to rank what we need most

2 CB and a top notch midfielder is of equal importance. a striker then another midfielder

Nothanks

It looks less likely that Roberto will stick around to be RB, so many rumors about him being linked with other clubs and more rumors saying he doesn't like the role.
I think we need a huge overhaul (not even to the starting 11 really) but get rid of a lot of bench and replace them with good bench players. (young or old aka paulinhos so long as they give something to us)

If I would be in charge I would go for:
Erik Dier
Phil Coutinho

Ts
Semedo Pique Umtiti Alba
Dier Busquets
Dembele Messi Coutinho
Suarez

We would play 4-4-2 in defense:

Semedo pique umtiti alba
Dembele dier busq coutinho
Messi suarez

In attack we would transform to 3-3-3-1, with Semedo and Alba providing width, and Messi, Coutinho and Dembele being our main playmakimg force, with non stop position Changing.

TS
Dier Pique Umtiti
Semedo Busquets Alba
Dembele Messi Coutinho
Suarez

Casper, Digne, Roberto, Alena, Rakitic, Iniesta, Paulinho, Mina/Marlon, Deulo, Paco, with Dier being our 3rd CB option.

oleguer10

qDLRNXt.png

BarçaBarça

Mascherano and Vermaelen leaving, we need two CB to replace them. It is the most pressing need for the team currently

But then again, with a pre-deal on Yerry Mina (9M €) and Marlon out on loan, who can be brought back any minute, any possible CB signing is a luxury no-panic buy, who got to be better than those two.

khaled_a_d

But then again, with a pre-deal on Yerry Mina (9M €) and Marlon out on loan, who can be brought back any minute, any possible CB signing is a luxury no-panic buy, who got to be better than those two.

Mina replace only one, we need two. And he will be playing his first season in Europe and he is considered by many as raw player who relies on his talent
Marlon? he won't be here next season, that is 100% sure. we don't have a place for non-eu player, unless we don't get Coutinho or any other non-eu player.

BarçaBarça

Mina replace only one, we need two. And he will be playing his first season in Europe and he is considered by many as raw player who relies on his talent
Marlon? he won't be here next season, that is 100% sure. we don't have a place for non-eu player, unless we don't get Coutinho or any other non-eu player.

Mina can be brought in this January and tested throughout the spring, where we have a world-class backup in Mascherano and doesn't depend on Vermaelen anyway.
I didn't realize the non-EU players limit - is Suarez on his way to double citizenship or how does that work? So Suarez and Paulinho, and then potentially Mina, Marlon and Coutinho taking up the 3 spots? That is a puzzle, you are right about that.

The overall point for me is, that Iniesta maybe looks like a name in the starting 11, but from next year we 1) don't even know if he is here and 2) don't know how much he can play if he stays, but a conservative estimate would be somewhere around half of our matches (or as a sub the last 30 minutes in every match e.g.). That leaves a much bigger transfer-problem in our hands than the CB-position, imo. Replacing one of the greatest players of all time should be well-planned and not be done the moment he leaves, but well before - and that is now. Therefore: Full focus on getting an Iniesta-replacement - the win-win-situation is that less playing time for him is great - not a problem, which means that January isn't too early to do some business.

Home of Barca Fans